Iggy Azalea responds to Azealia Banks and drags bandwagon

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VOLANTIS

I'm so over both of them at this point! 

And aren't they both doing the same thing now? Just Iggy didn't jump over to immature name calling. 

tumblr_mtpjkrx5Rf1qd9jmzo1_500.gif

"White Issues" though...

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Good point about Ms Banks exploiting politics for personal feuds.

If Iggy was into American country music instead of American hip-hop, nobody would be demanding she stand with Southern conservatives (who the main creators and fans of that music).

azealia is going to EAT HER :POpCORN: 

your iggy comments are always ... :air:

i think you dont understand that ur racist 

ur not doing it on purpose but your posts ARE racist

I'm not though :lmao: I don't get what's racist about calling people lazy for living on the government and protesting instead of working. There's plenty of white people that are lazy trash living on the government too. It's not a particular race.

why i like gaga n not these hoes lol 

Imagine if Gaga had a jealous rival combining the worst qualities of Perez Hilton and Sharon Osborne. It would be impossible for her to ignore it, and the press would feed on the sh&t.

If she did comment on the current issues going on in america everyone would be scalping her anyway. It is not her race and it is not her country, and im not saying that "its not her business, she doesnt need to help" im saying that she shouldnt be bashed for not commenting on it, and honestly if i was in her place i wouldnt either. 

This is so true. In this era of bitter Social Justice Warriors, I've seen people slapped down for "appropriating" other people's issues more than once. Including Gaga and Macklemore by some gays.

inuborg

This thread is still going?

13.gif

mte

QYXQnEK.gif

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

shaneybaby

Imagine if Gaga had a jealous rival combining the worst qualities of Perez Hilton and Sharon Osborne. It would be impossible for her to ignore it, and the press would feed on the sh&t.

Banks sucks for starting it and I think iggy could have come with a better rebuttal to seem like the bigger person and less ignorant, didnt say she had to ignore it. 

SychosSoChic

Well the important thing is that Iggy's main point actually came across  :smh:

unfortunately she followed up with that rather messy part, but the girl will only get better with time  :smh:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

She does.

The New Classic sold 423K so far. How much has AB sold? 30K...maybe?  423 puts Iggy's album is in the top 20 albums released in 2014.She has also sold around 10 million singles in the US alone. Iggy is most definitely selling music and way outselling AB.

Let me rephrase. "as if she sells so much music". 

Honestly for a record to take 9 months to become certified gold for the new it girl with the song of the summer is just wack.

Azealia Banks doesn't have the singles and media attention. If she did, she would've easily outsold The New Classic.

It's not about who's selling more albums though, it's about Iggy's arrogance while she's just underperforming.

I don't see Azealia Banks bragging about album sales anywhere.

She still didn't respond on the matter, she made it all about how much albums she sells and how much albums Azealia Banks doesn't. It's just not the point.

GagaSlayedYou

I love AB, her album is incredible, and she is very talented, but...

I don't think she should be rude with Iggy Azalea, because there aren't many female rappers on the music industry, still dominated by men.

Azealia spilled the tea, tho. Iggy should be more involved on actions against racism.

YeehawKylie

All I'll say is that Iggy had a point in that Azealia Banks coming at her diverted attention away from Eric Garner's tragic outcome. She ended up making this decision, which at its core is about institutional racism at the hands of a corrupt and powerful government, about some white rapper. Like, really...let's think about what's important here: black men and women (among other citizens clearly) being beaten and killed by cops with no repurcussions or Iggy Azalea "sounding black" when she sings?

Archived