Didymus

Featured Posts

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Didymus

Everyone talking sh*t about Miley's art and marina abromovic over here like

serata_abramovic.jpg

I love Marina but omg :rip: You made me laugh.

Psychedelic

All of you trashing Miley... that's the same impression GP and some critics got from ARTPOP... so now you'll understand why it underperformed!!!  :clausney:

PS: I don't even like Miley  :clausney:  :clausney:

Didymus

All of you trashing Miley... that's the same impression GP and some critics got from ARTPOP... so now you'll understand why it underperformed!!! 

Excellent point tbh :applause:

I really liked this and I think she even took a chance further by introducing her works to an invite-only art gallery happening. Not saying it's better, but art is subjective and it's obvious Miley is passionate about this, so why not applaud this? :ohwell:

Psychedelic

Excellent point tbh :applause:

I really liked this and I think she even took a chance further by introducing her works to an invite-only art gallery happening. Not saying it's better, but art is subjective and it's obvious Miley is passionate about this, so why not applaud this? :ohwell:

:tea:

And she's keeping it low-profile instead of putting the ART word in one of her album's title... something many people would consider conceited, even if it's not!

Petrichor

My favorite Beatles song of all time.  I never saw this.  Thanks.   Though, others have covered it better.

I am so excited for this collaboration on Miley's new album.  It should be very interesting and at least will take a chance, whether it fails brilliantly or surprises everyone with its brilliance, one extreme or the other.   Either way I don't expect it to be mediocre. The Flaming Lips are known for their elaborate and visual live shows and experimental music and psychedelic rock influences, which I adore psychedelic rock music..

From wiki

"They are also acclaimed for their elaborate live shows, which feature costumes, balloons, puppets, video projections, complex stage light configurations, giant hands, large amounts of confetti, and frontman Wayne Coyne's signature man-sized plastic bubble, in which he traverses the audience. In 2002, Q magazine named The Flaming Lips one of the "50 Bands to See Before You Die."

The band is best known for its associations with 1960s and 1970s psychedelic subculture, with elements of this culture permeating the group's instrumentation, effects, and composition. Coyne's lyrics, in particular, both reference and embody the fascination with the science fiction and space opera genres of fiction that were popular during the golden age of psychedelic subculture.[1] His lyrical style tends to use the imagery and plot conventions of space opera to frame more abstract themes about the unfolding cycles of romantic love, highlighting its vulnerability while delving into its metaphysical implications."

This is one of my favorite Beatles song as well! :party: I love how dynamic it is in its composure, and also how lyrically how it relates the rigors of everyday life to very macabre and grim things. It's a definite standout from their work. And also they released their new album already! It's called A Little Help from My Friends, and it's a complete cover album of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Here is my favorite performance from their collaboration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Rliwox9n8

This is right up my alley omg I need more of this :giveup:

Thanks for sharing :giveup:

No problem!  :Jase: Glad you enjoyed it!

gagaisitalian

I love this. She doesn't try to make it mainstream. She does small little events and makes stuff that helps her cope with her hardships. I applaud her.

Archived