💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pharrell calls out Michael Brown's 'bullyish' behavior

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

Bet Pharrell Williams wishes he kept it under his hat.

The Grammy-winning musician and judge on "The Voice" known for infectious lyrics struck a sour note with fans by calling 18-year-old Ferguson, Mo. shooting victim Michael Brown's actions "bullyish."

Williams, 41, told Ebony magazine that Brown's actions inside a convenience store  and caught on video  show a teenager without respect for authority.

"It looked very bullyish; that in itself I had a problem with," Williams told Ebony. "Not with the kid, but with whatever happened in his life for him to arrive at a place where that behavior is OK. Why aren't we talking about that?"

The "Happy" singer didn't spare Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson either, but he circled back to Brown's acts as the catalyst for the deadly confrontation.

"I believe that Ferguson officer should be punished and serve time. He used excessive force on a human being who was merely a child," Williams said. "He was a baby, man. The boy was walking in the middle of the street when the police supposedly told him to 'get the f--k on the sidewalk.' If you don't listen to that, after just having pushed a storeowner, you're asking for trouble. But you're not asking to be killed. Some of these youth feel hunted and preyed upon, and that's why that officer needs to be punished."

Twitter outrage predictably slammed the black singer.

Terrell J. Starr tweeted: "Hey white people, y'all want Pharrell Williams?"

Davon Magwood tweeted: "Just saying. @Pharrell is a coward. Great musician. But a coward. I hope no young black men look up to him. He's a coward."

Charmaine tweeted: "@Pharrell ur comments about Mike Brown r an affront to all the blk kids who r subjected the police brutality... Hands Up, don't shoot!!"

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/pharrell-williams-singles-michel-brown-bullyish-acts-article-1.2025733

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterOfSpain

I agree with everything he said.  :shrug:

Brown's attitude wasn't right at all but the policeman didn't have any reasons to kill him.

monsterdreams

I agree that his attitude was way off but still...

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

SychosSoChic

Absolute MESS @ Me thinking the title said: Pharrell calls out Christ Brown's "bullyish" behaviour. 

And only realising it's about Ferguson halfway through the article :megaflop: :flop: :toofloppy: :mess: :bye:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

MonsterOfSpain

I agree with him 100%. It was a tragedy, but to sanctify Brown is a huge mistake.

This, and this can't be labeled as a racist comment.

ItsTommyBitch

I agree with him 100%. It was a tragedy, but to sanctify Brown is a huge mistake.

I agree, but we should still shame the media and Wilson for literally demonizing him instead :madge:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

xoxo cupcakke

Okay, so I didn't expect this post to be a rant but it is so read if you want or skip if you want #DWUW

This is so true. People just like making everything a race war when a majority of the time, it isn't. I believe Michael Brown was a thug or, if not a thug, a delinquent no matter which way you put it.

All this attention between black and white shootings has stemmed from the death of Trayvon Martin. That case I believe was racial and I don't believe Trayvon did anything to get shot by that douchebag Zimmerman. Zimmerman should have gone to prison for a really long time but he didn't and that was so wrong of the justice system to fail Trayvon when I believe there was substantial evidence to convict Zimmerman.

Also, this attention towards solely black and white shootings is disgusting me. There are far more shootings that go unreported in the media in the US between black and black, white and white, Latino and black, Latino and Asian, Asian and South Asian, Eastern European and Southern European. There are vast numbers of minorities in the US but to only report a shooting between blacks and whites is so stupid.

And these so called peaceful protests are not peaceful. They are violent. I know not many people take part in the violent protests but seriously: rioting, looting, arson, attempted murder of a police officer is all constituted by the death of one violent individual who just happens to be black. Like get out of here with your justification of violence and truly follow the teachings of Martin Luther King, Jr. if that is who you wish to follow instead of resorting to childish, violent, and incredulous behavior.

djBuffoon

I agree, but we should still shame the media and Wilson for literally demonizing him instead :madge:

Agreed as well.

Jonna Lee

This

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

JustPokeHerFace

I definitely agree with Pharrell on this one. And some of the protests have gotten out of hand. Apparently there's a group that wants to interrupt the Macy's Day Parade to protest Ferguson. 

Archived