Redstreak

Eek, I don't understand the people who are so anti-s-x in pop

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Batwings

I agree with some of her points.

I also have tickets to see the fabulous Divine Miss M next year! :D

Lobster Boy

she HAS got a point.

Think about it, in her day, your talent was first and did the speaking for itself (kinda like what gags was banging on about last night). Thesedays, you could have a killer voice but you're more like to be rolling around on a bed before getting behind a mic.

StrawberryBlond

I really agree with everything she has to say, although using Ariana as an example is a bit weird. Ariana is very young (but legal), so isn't this a time in her life where she's allowed to be s-xual if she wants? If she can't do it when she's young, when can she do it? While she uses her s-xuality extensively, it's not practically explicit like Rihanna and Miley do. Even Beyonce's more explicit than her, lyric-wise anyway, and she's considered to be classy. If anything, Ariana's s-xuality is very tame compared to what she could be doing. It's reminiscent of the s-xuality a lot of earlier popstars had (we all know she bases herself heavily on Mariah in that regard). So, I just think that Bette's choice of who to pick on is a little odd. While I don't agree with anyone of any age being overtly s-xual in public, I think it's much more offensive on older women. I think the likes of Madonna and J-Lo should be criticised more than the young, because at their age and their stage of life, they should know better and should no longer have to be s-xual to get noticed.

Eek, I don't understand the people who are so anti-s-x in pop

Thing is, not everyone likes public s-xuality, which is understandable. Sex should be private. That's not being anti s-x, it's just having a sense of decency.

Willy Wonka

I really agree with everything she has to say, although using Ariana as an example is a bit weird. Ariana is very young (but legal), so isn't this a time in her life where she's allowed to be s-xual if she wants? If she can't do it when she's young, when can she do it? While she uses her s-xuality extensively, it's not practically explicit like Rihanna and Miley do. Even Beyonce's more explicit than her, lyric-wise anyway, and she's considered to be classy. If anything, Ariana's s-xuality is very tame compared to what she could be doing. It's reminiscent of the s-xuality a lot of earlier popstars had (we all know she bases herself heavily on Mariah in that regard). So, I just think that Bette's choice of who to pick on is a little odd. While I don't agree with anyone of any age being overtly s-xual in public, I think it's much more offensive on older women. I think the likes of Madonna and J-Lo should be criticised more than the young, because at their age and their stage of life, they should know better and should no longer have to be s-xual to get noticed.

Thing is, not everyone likes public s-xuality, which is understandable. Sex should be private. That's not being anti s-x, it's just having a sense of decency.

This post bothers me on so many levels, for so many reasons. 

Redstreak

A sense of decency based on whose standards and sensibilities? Why should being comfortable about your s-xuality be hidden and private? Because it makes certain others squeamish?

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Jesse Pinkman

I agree, Ariana isn't that terrible but she definitely has a s-xual image that's also somehow childish. That bothers a lot of people for obvious reasons..

As far as J.lo and Madonna are concerned, they're grown and are allowed to be s-xual if they want to. But my problem is that, (especially in J.lot's case), it comes off as desperate. J.Lo's song "Booty" is just bad. Don't even get me started on the messy video. But they're making a statement that you can own your s-xuality at any age. And how can you be mad at that? :ohwell:

It's science, bitch

just no

aquaprincess

she would've made a better point if she used miley as an example but ariana?! i would describe her as more sensual than s-xual and compared to other female artists, very tame even as shes going for a mature vibe. 

PopBitch

A silly high voice, *****, etc.  What a rude woman.  Why go after a young pop star and make fun of her voice?

Bette was a bawdy broad, as my dad called her, who used her boobs as a prop all the time.  My mom was a fan of hers.  It just seems like the old man, get off my lawn ranting, but to pick on a basically vanilla popstar I find embarrassing.  If she wants to talk about such stuff, go after Gaga, who strips down nude, go after Rihanna, go after Beyonce, go after Miley.  But beyond all that, demeaning a young girl's voice from an older woman is bullying in a way, by trying to humiliate her.  Grumpy and humorless these days.  Someone should show old clips of herself back in the day when she played gay clubs and was risque.

Classless.

Psychedelic

tumblr_m9cckmRlJK1rd2qw6o1_400.gif

Archived