Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will Harry Potter ever be topped?

Henry

52 members have voted

1. 1. Will it?

• No, It's simply the best!
    • Yes, Maybe one day...
    • Umm It's already is topped...
    • I've never watched it, But I should....

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

No, it was a perfect series for its time. So many people grew up with it. Its like a part of our culture in the world :giveup:

(Minus super Religious places, sorry :sis: xoxo)

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

edit: Not taking the WP risk :gum:

But on a serious note, I haven't read the books so I can't really appreciate the movies as much (or less) than the book readers, but I've preferred The Hunger Games so far :yes:

Hellspont

No, books aren't the thing they,used to be when those books came out. It's about the latest phones and gadgets for kids now, no series will have that dedicated of a fan base to recreate the success and impact.

Serious answer to the question:

I think HP was so stellar because it got to grow with the people who read it. The series itself was around for a while because it started with the books, then the movies followed, and the people who became involved held it very near and dear to them. 

I remember beginning to read the books with my grandmother in elementary school, then passing them down to my little brother, going to see the movies with my friends in high school, etc. We got to appreciate the series at different times of our lives, and the books got to grow with us. 

For another series to top Harry Potter, it'd have to begin in a way that inspires a young generation to read and be imaginative, and it has to grow up with them- kinda like how Toy Story did. Something like that hasn't come along since Harry Potter, in my opinion. 

NSFW: He already has been topped :derpga:

(I pray that I don't get WP for this, it doesn't show anything & it's not posted as an image :gum: HAVE MERCY UPON MY SOUL PLEASE :cryga: )

But on a serious note, I haven't read the books so I can't really appreciate the movies as much (or less) than the book readers, but I've preferred The Hunger Games so far :yes:

What's that gif from? Lol

No, books aren't the thing they,used to be when those books came out. It's about the latest phones and gadgets for kids now, no series will have that dedicated of a fan base to recreate the success and impact.

Sad but true :(

heavymlover

Since the end of the saga I've been reading lots of the most popular fantasy book series available, and unfortunately I'm still waiting for a saga that catches my attention as much as Harry Potter did.

Yes

Did Gaga topped Madonna in my heart? Yea :laughga:

But u have to consider what "topping" in this case mean

Would another franchise in the future surpass HP in term of plot wise? Production wise? Yes, of course :laughga:

But the impact, nostalgia and the connection u share with it?Might be not :laughga: you grew up with HP

Case close lol

Haroon

What's that gif from? Lol

Kill Your Darlings :yes: Also, could you please the part of my post when you quoted it that shows the link :dead: I regret posting it and I want to try to cover up my tracks as much as I can :megaflop:

Kill Your Darlings :yes: Also, could you please the part of my post when you quoted it that shows the link :dead: I regret posting it and I want to try to cover up my tracks as much as I can :megaflop:

Done :hug:

Archived