💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Gaga the most talented modern popstar?

Quark

Featured Posts

What do you mean? :huh:

you should read the comments on YT and FB. Some people think she's still in her blackout cause they haven't heard much of her music on the radio.
Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

you should read the comments on YT and FB. Some people think she's still in her blackout cause they haven't heard much of her music on the radio.

What has this to do with her talent?

What has this to do with her talent?

people like Interscope won't let her show it. A lot of people don't know her talent and don't think she has it.

VforVendetta

people like Interscope won't let her show it. A lot of people don't know her talent and don't think she has it.

The thread asked your opinion, not the opinion of the GP and actually how the hel is she not showing her talent? :koons: What you say makes no sonce tbh. :huh:

The thread asked your opinion, not the opinion of the GP and actually how the hel is she not showing her talent? :koons: What you say makes no sonce tbh. :huh:

I already gave my opinion on the last couple of pages. I'm placing my thoughts because I want to.

VforVendetta

I already gave my opinion on the last couple of pages. I'm placing my thoughts because I want to.

I am not attacking you or something. I just expressed my thoughts about your post as well.

Economy

I think what sets her apart is that she makes you think she isn't human.

:coffee:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h47fNaOb-JU

LilVenusian

Vocal power does not translate to being able to sing other genres. And most of Adele's song have basiclly the same theme. The lyrics she writes (if she writes them) are good but not anything intricate are poetic. Once again Gaga is able to pull of more complex and original things then her (creativity is also a talent). Once again Adele is definitely talented, but in my opinion she is definitely the the most overall talented.

I do think you bring up an interesting point about creativity (I think that's thats were our arguments become mixed) Creativity and talent are actually separate things and you seem to be treating them as one and the same. Talent is a natural inborn ability or skill whereas  creativity is an approach more than anything. I dont know if you've heard it before but there is a well known quote by John Cleese that states "Creativity is not a talent. It is a way of operating". For him creativity is moreso a state of mind or attitude that welcomes new ideas,  playfulness and curiosity (which I think gaga fits the bill for). Its pretty futile to argue whether Adele or Gaga are more talented as they both display exceptional and obvious natural musical talents (however I still think Adele is a naturally more skilled lyricist). But in terms of  creativity, i think you do have a very good case that gaga does exhibit alot more creativity as she consistently takes risks and try new things, even just for the sake of it. She is definitely one of the most creative popstars of our time but in terms of raw musical talent, I think she she has a few challengers, Adele being one of them.

I do think you bring up an interesting point about creativity (I think that's thats were our arguments become mixed) Creativity and talent are actually separate things and you seem to be treating them as one and the same. Talent is a natural inborn ability or skill whereas creativity is an approach more than anything. I dont know if you've heard it before but there is a well known quote by John Cleese that states "Creativity is not a talent. It is a way of operating". For him creativity is moreso a state of mind or attitude that welcomes new ideas, playfulness and curiosity (which I think gaga fits the bill for). Its pretty futile to argue whether Adele or Gaga are more talented as they both display exceptional and obvious natural musical talents (however I still think Adele is a naturally more skilled lyricist). But in terms of creativity, i think you do have a very good case that gaga does exhibit alot more creativity as she consistently takes risks and try new things, even just for the sake of it. She is definitely one of the most creative popstars of our time but in terms of raw musical talent, I think she she has a few challengers, Adele being one of them.

Interesting points. But I do think that creativity is a talent. Some people are naturally born more creative than others. In other words creativity simply comes more easy to some people. But like I keep saying, Adele is one of the most talented artists of our time. I just personally don't think that she is overall more talented than Gaga. If you think otherwise, that is fine too.

heavymlover

As far as the whole package, yes, she is. She has vocal ability, she writes her music, she can produce, direct her own music videos, she's the creative mind behind the Haus, and she is a decent dancer.

I'm sure there are singers with better vocals, better writing skills and better dance moves, but as a whole, Gaga is arguably more talented than most other pop stars.

Sam Dey

Gaga is the only pop star that can sing + dance + give herself at the same time and she's very good at it. + she's an amazing pianist + she writes most of her own lyrics + helps a lot during the production and no other pop star out there can do all these things together. + she's very passionate at what she stands for musically and politically. + she's very multifunctional and can take a lot of music genres + she's connects the most with her fans

= she's by far the best pop star out there.

Archived