💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard changing its main album chart, will count streaming services

Redstreak

Featured Posts

I'd prefer it to be just sales but at least we get to count all those closet stans who are too embarrassed to buy Gaga's music  :teehee:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BUT WAIT if they include streams to albums (and I hope for old albums too) this means ARTPOP will be finally certified platinum.  :udidnt:

Tropico

We better get use to Rihanna getting #1 albums now. :nooo:

This idea isn't that great. Just because someone likes a song from an album, doesn't mean they like the album. :spin:

Oh well. It's something the music industry has to accept. But just imagine if all this streaming stuff was as popular in 2009 and billboard did this. TFMGa would've slayed EVEN MORE. :nooo:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

There likely should be a minimum component of actual album sales needed to qualify for B200.

Else the next Gangham Style could put a album nobody has heard of in Top 5.

Lost all credibility :coffee:

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

I think it's cool and I'm curious to see how the charts will look like then. I mean it will REALLY show you how much people listen to artists.

Pure Adrenaline

Not entirely sure how I feel about this. I also don't really understand how the streaming part works.

"SoundScan and Billboard will count 1,500 song streams from services like Spotify, Beats Music, Rdio, Rhapsody and Google Play as equivalent to an album sale." Does this mean 1500 streams of ANY song from the album counts as one song? So even if an album has a popular single but doesn't sell well - i.e. Ariana as mentioned in the article - it will remain high on the chart? Does that really reflect the popularity of the album though?

Hmm...

it's because the payout for audio and video streams has gone up in the past year. in 2013 1 stream = $0.00375 and now 1 stream = $0.005 in other words streaming is becoming more valuable than physical/digital sales .... 1,500 streams of song = $7.50 the price of the avarage album cost

buut then again that's stupid because TEA and SEA will make sure that artist like Katia stay on top forever + if there were alot 1 hit wonders this and last year with the new rule they not only be selling their 1 hit but with it they will be selling the whole ablum that no body cares about ,,,,, but that's Billboard :madge:

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Pure Adrenaline

What are track equivalent albums and stream equivalent albums?

10 single sales = 1 album sales

1,500 streams = 1 album sales

Pure Adrenaline

This is actually really good for Gaga. Even non fans are always curious to what she is up to and give it a listen.

yes if we were in 2010 ..... since BTW Gaga's streaming power is pathetic not only she has to focus more on singles now but she has to make herself literally viral in order to keep up with the new changes, right now  she's in her Jazz era which basically is only being streamed by her fans right now(those that bother to even listen to it) and by the time she releases her next album streaming will be even more important then right now idk just go and light a candle for our good sis

Archived