Spock

Featured Posts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh i can't help but resent taylor for this

i'm mad and i will NOT buy any music from those greedy assholes tbh

Tommymonster44

So ridiculous. I sure as hell ain't buying any music from any of those people anyways, so you might as well enjoy the money you're getting from me to listen to any of your music.

This. If they pull their music from spotify I'll just download their music illegally.

Sorry, I'm not spending $15 dollars on a single album that is half filler when these people are already multimillionaires and only getting richer.

now the 1989 era is official iconic because of this

the impact :eek:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

But youtube mobile and stuff in general is really limited. At least with spotify, its mobile applications, which is where music is thriving its best, is easy to use and offers full access to its library if I recall.

True but with the new Google Music program I'm sure they'll work it out to have a quick and intuitive interface for mobile users, with Google just now stepping into the game I don't see them leaving things to be messy as they are now since the focus has shifted.

This is stupid, isn't this going to increase the piracy rate?

Some would argue that yes, but it had a really good effect on Taylor. All of her albums, even Speak Now who always had trouble charting after its release, charted considerably higher the following week and are still going up on iTunes worldwide and she replaced herself with a new #1 song on the Hot 100, without the much needed streaming people claim is absolutely necessary. So I think that yes, it may increase piracy but it also has positive collateral.

who will love me when the night is over

Morphine Prince

So ridiculous. I sure as hell ain't buying any music from any of those people anyways, so you might as well enjoy the money you're getting from me to listen to any of your music. 

This. 

Just watch this backfire on them and piracy increase once again. 

If even a minority buy albums or sign up for paid streaming, they might be further ahead even if a majority turn to piracy.

Google announced YouTube Music Key, which will offer more than 30 million songs  including Taylor Swift tunes  for an intro price of $7.99 per month (versus a regular $9.99 monthly).

$10 a month is too much - streaming might not be attractive at a rate that fairly compensates artists.

I own 700-800 albums, most bought cheap as used CDs (average under $5 each). I don't need paid streaming for a few new albums a year. 

Archived