💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Adam Lambert Shades Nick Jonas

willmcclure72

Featured Posts

I am gay, and am very aware and informed about the gay community, and am simply giving observations of said community, so your argument is invalid. Like in any community there are exceptions to the rule, but on the whole and especially in the mainstream gay culture this is how it works.

I find it degrading and disgusting so that so much of gay culture, now that it's mainstream, is about judging, dragging and shading others, and for what? For insecure a$$holes to feel better about themselves? No thanks.  Y'all can have that if you wish and be just like every other part of mainstream culture, but it is not the type of community I would want for the gay community, yet has unfortunately been bought into by the majority of the gays. You need like no further than Twitter, this fanbase, hell even this forum to confirm that depressing fact. Gays on the whole have bought into it, and it shows no sign of going away.

I suppose I'm just offended that because I'm a gay man I suddenly fall into this category. You're absolutely right about a majority of gay people acting that way... Most of the gay people at my college don't like me and I assume it's because I refuse to give into that kind of behavior  :cry: I just don't like reading generalizations like that because I feel that they can be dangerous.

But like I said, I agree with most of what you said. I feel like the comments I made on this thread weren't "shade-based" or anything, just observations I have made about a certain celebrities actions. But I don't think queer guys are choosing to look at this so they have something to b---h about... I think it's just a foreign phenomenon that we aren't used to yet, so some of us are choosing to have an open dialogue about it to try and understand it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaloo911

I suppose I'm just offended that because I'm a gay man I suddenly fall into this category. You're absolutely right about a majority of gay people acting that way... Most of the gay people at my college don't like me and I assume it's because I refuse to give into that kind of behavior  :cry: I just don't like reading generalizations like that because I feel that they can be dangerous.

But like I said, I agree with most of what you said. I feel like the comments I made on this thread weren't "shade-based" or anything, just observations I have made about a certain celebrities actions. But I don't think queer guys are choosing to look at this so they have something to b---h about... I think it's just a foreign phenomenon that we aren't used to yet, so some of us are choosing to have an open dialogue about it to try and understand it.

Generalizations are very tricky. On the one hand they can lead to false stereotypes (or worse) which only serve to reinforce false attributions, but in some cases they are in fact very true. I guess we just have to be mindful of that fact. 

I hate to generalize the gay community, but unfortunately in our case I feel it is appropriate judging from what I see, read about and hear, which is by no means limited in anyway. The gay community (at one point) was very diverse, and possibly still is, but with how mainstream gay culture has become, I feel that we are losing much of our diversity and becoming the same all around as more and more gay folk buy into what the media sells us. It's unhealthy in my view and very unfortunate.

But then there's folks like you and me who go and think outside the box and don't buy into what we're told to be like, and truly think for ourselves. This isn't being narcissistic, just truthful. And more of us should be that way, to challenge whatever is the "norm" and question what it is to be gay. It's only with that that we can break any stereotypes and generalizations.

JustPokeHerFace

But no one bats an eye when a female does a racy photo shoot or video that is obviously targeting the straight male audience. People have a problem with everything. :spin:

Did you see how people reacted to Anaconda? 

Generalizations are very tricky. On the one hand they can lead to false stereotypes (or worse) which only serve to reinforce false attributions, but in some cases they are in fact very true. I guess we just have to be mindful of that fact. 

I hate to generalize the gay community, but unfortunately in our case I feel it is appropriate judging from what I see, read about and hear, which is by no means limited in anyway. The gay community (at one point) was very diverse, and possibly still is, but with how mainstream gay culture has become, I feel that we are losing much of our diversity and becoming the same all around as more and more gay folk buy into what the media sells us. It's unhealthy in my view and very unfortunate.

But then there's folks like you and me who go and think outside the box and don't buy into what we're told to be like, and truly think for ourselves. This isn't being narcissistic, just truthful. And more of us should be that way, to challenge whatever is the "norm" and question what it is to be gay. It's only with that that we can break any stereotypes and generalizations.

I just hope one day gays as a whole can rise above the pettiness that has become so commonplace among us. Nothing angers me more than seeing a judgmental gay person (or person of color for that matter) because of all the groups of people in the world, we understand what it's like to be discriminated against. It's like, you don't want people judging you because you're gay but you can cut down whoever you want because you're the "sassy best friend." Hopefully people like us will become the vocal minority, and gays will start being seen/portrayed as unique and intuitive, not sassy accessories.

Jesse Pinkman

Did you see how people reacted to Anaconda?

Of course anytime someone does something overtly s-xual it's gonna bring up talk. But generally speaking, it's considered the "norm" for females in the music industry to s-xually target themselves at male. And will even get praised for "owning their s-xuality." What he's doing is no different, just a different audience.

It's science, bitch

Who really cares? If that's who he wants to target and sell his music to, then let him. What's the harm in him being a positive ally for the LGBT community?

JustPokeHerFace

Of course anytime someone does something overtly s-xual it's gonna bring up talk. But generally speaking, it's considered the "norm" for females in the music industry to s-xually target themselves at male. And will even get praised for "owning their s-xuality." What he's doing is no different, just a different audience.

I think sometimes it depends on the individual celebrity. For some, like Beyonce, if she shows skin, the media would say that she is owning her s-xuality. But if other celebrities, like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lawrence do it, they get a slew of derogatory names thrown in their direction. 

Jesse Pinkman

I think sometimes it depends on the individual celebrity. For some, like Beyonce, if she shows skin, the media would say that she is owning her s-xuality. But if other celebrities, like Nicki Minaj or Jennifer Lawrence do it, they get a slew of derogatory names thrown in their direction.

True. :yes: At the end of the day it all boils down to marketing. But as far as the gay community goes I definitely don't see why he's getting bashed. Like I said, people like to make everything into a big deal.

It's science, bitch

Gagaloo911

I just hope one day gays as a whole can rise above the pettiness that has become so commonplace among us. Nothing angers me more than seeing a judgmental gay person (or person of color for that matter) because of all the groups of people in the world, we understand what it's like to be discriminated against. It's like, you don't want people judging you because you're gay but you can cut down whoever you want because you're the "sassy best friend." Hopefully people like us will become the vocal minority, and gays will start being seen/portrayed as unique and intuitive, not sassy accessories.

Agreed.

We more than many groups should know what it's like to be discriminated against and judged, and therefore not do the same to others. We claim it's not right to judge and discriminate against gays (us) so we need to start practicing what we preach.

I dont mind if he panders to the gay community as long as his respect and admiration for the community is genuine and he really cares about gay rights and gay equalities

But if he is secretly homophobic and against gay rights and is only pandering to the gay community to use them for profit is very disgusting.... 

hopefully the truth is the former

So when your fave takes their clothes off it ok but when he does it its attention seeking. DOuble standard tbh and pretty s-xist.

he's also talking about his infamous "I love my gay fans" tweet

On topic: I hate how people see gay people, especially gay men, as over s-xualized and sassy beings. The average gay guy who goes to his average job and gets home to watch the same tv shows and eat the same food as a straight guy gets overshadowed by the sassy and forever horny gay guy. The media loves him and he makes it easier to hate gay men. Trying to get that very guy's attention by stripping and tweeting stuff out of the blue IS exploitation. If you really care about 'gay' rights, then do something and don't try to get our support bh stripping because we are more than the instincts society defines us as.

Archived