Broad City - W

How To Get Away With Murder - Th

It's amazing I manage to get everything done

HTGAWM doesn't start back till like 3 and half weeks tho

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The show seems to address Season 1 criticism by amping up the size of its cast and the amount of s-x on screen.

Unlike film, television has the opportunity to address criticism. In the most obvious sense, this is a purely positive advantage: a series is able to better itself, to adapt with the social-political landscape. But now that a digital voice is accessible to the majority of viewers, a big question is raised: When the Twittersphere is chirping so many different melodies, what do creators listen to?

Looking has had to face this dilemma head-on. With Season 2 set to premiere on January 11, the HBO series must up its stakes without losing its identity.

“We don’t get a lot of opportunities to tell gay stories,†Looking leading man Jonathan Groff told Vulture, “so it’s important to listen to what people are saying or liking, or what people are not liking, and try to take that constructive criticism and apply it.â€

Season 1 of Looking was frequently called out for being boring. Publications such as Slate, the Daily Beast, and Gawker questioned the show’s pace, dramatic value, and s-xual tameness. But as writer Kyle Buchanan points out: “There seemed to be some foggy notion floating around about what kind of entertainment the weekly half-hour was supposed to offer.†Looking is all blues: slow, creeping, subtly colored in a calm Instagram filter. It doesn’t have the flashy lights or campy one-liners like Queer As Folk because that’s not the show’s agenda.

That said, Looking Creator Michael Lannan will up the pace. “We made the choice to use s-x as a storytelling tool,†he says. “It’s not just: have s-x for s-x’s sake. The moments before s-x and after s-x can be as interesting as what actually happens.â€

In addition to taking advantage of HBO's graphic allowances, Season 2 will also strive to represent more of the LGBT community with additional characters. “We don’t want to try and represent an entire community, because that’s just silly and impossible,†says Lannan. But we will see a bearish love interest (Daniel Franzese) catch Augstín’s eye, and we’re pretty stoked about it.

Looking has to navigate across a thin line: it must satisfy our craving for a faster paced drama without numbing all of the good it has accomplished thus far. It’s something like growing up.

Watch the Season 2 premiere of Looking on HBO January 11 at 10 p.m.

http://www.out.com/entertainment/popnography/2015/01/05/will-looking-grow-season-2

Premiere Tonight on HBO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looking2-2.gif

http://instagram.com/p/voWASok0HY/

Don't miss it!

:party:

KingOfSpain

Love the show, hate those beards.

http://gagadaily.com/forums/topic/227246-ceremony-gagas-videography-megarate/

I really really really hope we get some Jonathan Groff and/or Russel Tovey peen :hor:

who will love me when the night is over

Prismatic

Omg.... so much happened in tonight's episode... and Paddy... mhmhmhmhm. 

I Only Stan For Risk Takers

BLACKOUTbritney

Episode 1 was so good! Looks like season 2 is going to be just as interesting as the first!!

Love this show :giveup:

OMG... first episode was beyond amazing, and i soooo wished i was at that THE PROMISED LAND party :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:  

thatfoxyfeeling

The first episode was promising but 30 minutes isn't long enough, it feels like a documentary rather than a TV show compared to Queer as Folk.

it was a good start to a new season although it didn't really advance any of the plot lines left hanging at the end of S1 so it just means more characterization will be forced in later.

that's really my only gripe

KaanBTW

It was a very very good start.

Nature and s-x :legend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RsfGJsax9E

This song is f*cking amazing. :legend:

Vernier

I guess the first ep was meant to introduce us to some characters and plotlines(Agustin & Bear, Dom & Lynn's relationship) and other stuff.

Doris remains the best character :queenga:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Archived