Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Since when loving ARTPOP became delusion in here?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

LoveandMagic

I'm cool with others loving ARTPOP. It's my least favorite album but everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I'm glad so many found inspiration and beauty from it. :)

Plus, isn't it Gaga's favorite?

I just wish some people were more respectful of others beliefs on here. But what can you do, it's the internet. *shrugs*

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

What?

???

How is having a background in music and audio recording relevant here? I'm not sure how that has anything to do with getting emotional over Gaga or not, unless you just wanted an excuse to brag on GGD.

I don't think ARTPOP is as good as its predecessors whereas you think the opposite so let's just leave it at that. 

But when they ask you why BTW sold less that it's predecessors what do you answer?

Whether people will admit it or not, their opinion is easily altered by the commercial success of the album. Remember everyone used that stupid "overproduced" word as the reason for BTW's potential "lack" of success? Now they simply think ARTPOP is not good.

Obviously doesn't apply to all, but I'd bet all my money that it does for a good amount of people.

Paper Gangsta

Whether people will admit it or not, their opinion is easily altered by the commercial success of the album. Remember everyone used that stupid "overproduced" word as the reason for BTW's potential "lack" of success? Now they simply think ARTPOP is not good.

Obviously doesn't apply to all, but I'd bet all my money that it does for a good amount of people.

I still think BTW is overproduced (not every song). And ARTPOP is my fave album so it definitely isn't about success ;)

VforVendetta

I still think BTW is overproduced (not every song). And ARTPOP is my fave album so it definitely isn't about success ;)

The exceptions make the rule though. I personally agree with what he said.

ItsTommyBitch

People are forever bashing ARTPOP and when someone praises it, they rush to call people delusional. Very close minded are people who say such.

Apparently, it isn't up for debate. TFM IS Gaga's best album and ARTPOP her worst. That's how some people see it and if you disagree you are delusional so they say.

:applause:

Educate ha

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Psychedelic

Since it is in fact her least good album imo. You can love the album, no problem, I love it too... but it seems to me, some try to label it as her best work to cope with its low performance, deep down inside they know it's not!! just saying...

I can understand people  have different tastes an opinions but it's CLEAR the lyrical effort in BTW is light years ahead of ARTPOP, the sounds are just different but equally good so I can't make a comparison on that.

So I'm sorry but if I ever see someone say ARTPOP is Gaga's best work, I can't help thinking of this. 

You can say it's better than TF or TFM, but saying it's better than BTW goes beyond my understanding of others' appreciation of music and work of art!

And as of why even TF and TFM are better than ARTPOP imo, it's because the former ones are more cohesive even though lots of ARTPOP songs are better than any song in TF and TFM, but that's just my opinion.

On the other hand the BTW comparison situation is more like common sense.

Redstreak

It's the cycle of monster life: bash the current album and praise the last one. Back in the BTW era, saying BTW was Gaga's best album over TFM was a sacrilege and a delusion. Watch next album cycle for everyone to start appreciating ARTPOP :madge:

I can only see that happening if the next album is even more of a debacle.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

djBuffoon

Since it is in fact her least good album imo. You can love the album, no problem, I love it too... but it seems to me, some try to label it as her best work to cope with its low performance, deep down inside they know it's not!! just saying...

I can understand people have different tastes an opinions but it's CLEAR the lyrical effort in BTW is light years ahead of ARTPOP, the sounds are just different but equally good so I can't make a comparison on that.

So I'm sorry but if I ever see someone say ARTPOP is Gaga's best work, I can't help thinking of this.

You can say it's better than TF or TFM, but saying it's better than BTW goes beyond my understanding of others' appreciation of music and work of art!

Just highlighting the bits in your post that I have a problem with. Now, if you want to discuss why I feel it is her best work, I'll be happy to indulge you. But I hope you can also appreciate how, frankly, ignorant it is to just flat out discredit anyone who claims that it is her best. Like myself, for example. Sorry, man, but that is your problem, and no one else's.

I can only see that happening if the next album is even more of a debacle.

The management of the era cannot be worse. It cannot, and I don't think anyone on her team will allow that to happen. But considering that the album itself is hardly a debacle, by any definition, then we shall wait and see what she's got.

Psychedelic

Just highlighting the bits in your post that I have a problem with. Now, if you want to discuss why I feel it is her best work, I'll be happy to indulge you. But I hope you can also appreciate how, frankly, ignorant it is to just flat out discredit anyone who claims that it is her best. Like myself, for example. Sorry, man, but that is your problem, and no one else's.

The management of the era, cannot be worse. It cannot, and I don't think anyone on her team will allow that to happen. But considering that the album itself is hardly a debacle, by any definition, then when shall see what she's got.

Anyone who dsicredits BTW as Gaga's best effort is the ignorant one for me, so we're even my dear :coffee:

Redstreak

The management of the era, cannot be worse. It cannot, and I don't think anyone on her team will allow that to happen. But considering that the album itself is hardly a debacle, by any definition, then when shall see what she's got.

Which is what I'm saying, I don't see a "we all of a sudden love the last album and want it back" repeat since the next era will hopefully be better on all fronts.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

djBuffoon

Anyone who dsicredits BTW as Gaga's best effort is the ignorant one for me, so we're even my dear :coffee:

You have only just proven my point, darling.

Which is what I'm saying, I don't see a "we all of a sudden love the last album and want it back" repeat since the next era will hopefully be better on all fronts.

That's not quite what you said, but yes, I think (hope?) that the fan base will come to appreciate the album separate from whatever shenanigans happened during the cycle.

djBuffoon

Not that I was trying not to... :ohwell:

There was no need to try. Your conversational tactics did the work for you.

VforVendetta

I can understand people  have different tastes an opinions but it's CLEAR the lyrical effort in BTW is light years ahead of ARTPOP, the sounds are just different but equally good so I can't make a comparison on that.

And as of why even TF and TFM are better than ARTPOP imo, it's because the former ones are more cohesive even though lots of ARTPOP songs are better than any song in TF and TFM, but that's just my opinion.

On the other hand the BTW comparison situation is more like common sense.

You can;t compare the lyrical content of BTW and ARTPOP though simnply cause they are very different albums. THey are both dance albums but BTW is an empowerment record with 80s and other influences while ARTPOP is a pure EDM dance record with some RnB and Poprock (aka more dance) and has the theme of adding art elements to Pop. This is why the lyrical highlights of ARTPOP are not full songs like in BTW but phrases and concepts inside the songs. If you recall you will remember that Gag ahinted the lyrics that way, as quotes. The only songs on the album with full sophisticated lyrical content are ARTPOP, Dope and Gypsy, aka the non-dance tracks of the album. So the lyrics of ARTPOP are on point imo, there is no reason to try and add depth somewhere that not only it won't bring any good but it will also harm the record. BTW couldn't have had the same lyrical construction as ARTPOP simple cause it would feel ''not enough'' and pointless.

Archived