Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The next 'Gaga'?

Koreku

Featured Posts

PMKKARDASHiAN

80s-90s Madonna

90s-00s- Britney

00s-now?-gaga

By these stats alone someone is bound to come along within the next couple years.

I'm not talking Meghan trainors or lana del reys. Someone will come in and completely change the game, like the last 3 ladies have done. Ido who when where or how, but it'll happen

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lavenderblondee

Few and far inbetween, IMO. No one will be able to replace Gaga, but there will be the next "big thing" that's different and unique, of course..I'm sure. Who knows with how fast the world changes. Look at the gap between Madonna and Gaga. I don't think many will be able to do what Gaga did. She really changed the industry and the norm of what to expect from pop stars. The crazy wigs, the music video standards. No one else can take her place and say they did this.

bionic

We're over the "Is X the new Gaga?" phase and are back to "Is X the new Madonna?"

I'm glad, it lets Gaga be herself.

buy bionic

Personally I feel like each artists is there own and so on. I don't feel like gaga was the next Madonna, she was just gaga. Every artist is unique and should never be compared. Gaga has clearly expressed this same opinion during the whole katy cs gaga thing. So I don't think there will be a "next gaga" but there will be a big uniqe sucsefful artist in the future, sure.

Jonna Lee

Personally, I'd be WAY more into someone who's "the next" Bjork, PJ Harvey or Ani DiFranco. 

bjork-1995-snorri-brothers-03b.jpg

PJ%2BHarvey%2Bpjharvey19hq4.jpg

Ani-DiFranco-publicity-photo.jpg

& Honestly, I would love to see someone emerge that has the same level of depth, poetry, passion, primal intensity, and spiritual devotion as Patti Smith.... This woman is a Goddess. 

mapplethorpe-patti-smith.jpg

and there will never be any more of these incredible women either. they are their own artists who have created an independent voice and vision that will never be mimicked

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

People can't just replace other people. Lady Gaga didn't even really replace Madonna, and Lady Gaga is probably going to be at least culturally relevent for another 5 years. She isn't a flash in the pan because she has talent to back up her fame. She isn't like most new artists who come and go because they can't write their own music, Lady Gaga will continue her career as long as she wants. Saying someone will replace Lady Gaga is like saying Van Halen replaced KISS. Van Halen largely filled the same niche as KISS when KISS was in a commercial decline for a part of the 80s, but by no means was Van Halen a replacement for KISS. They both stand on their own.

I don't believe Gaga was the next 'Madonna' anyway. She was definitely the next Cher.

I'm pretty good about liking artists but not dethroning my favorite.

Who's to say though. No one can predict the future.

• 2 weeks later...
Brooke Hoegan

I think not, because true artism is not profitable for the labels

in the next years there will only be new 15-minutes stars with easy-digestible songs, destined to fade away and be replaced by new, younger stars, because of money

we've been very lucky that Interscope had Gaga and let her do her thing, but now they started to destroy her anyway

Archived