Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

West Australian: "Taylor Swift's 1989, the closest thing to Thriller in years"

Redstreak

Featured Posts

David Butler

He probably hasn't listened to either Thriller or 1989 :smh:

And obviously you haven't listened to ARTPOP, Because if you did you would know it is far better than 1989. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
soundwave

LOL NO. people need to STOP overrating this album. Yes it's a good album but it's not this huge masterpiece that so many people keep making it out to be.

David Butler

Is it that hard to believe that people can form opinions non-sales wise? Azealia isn't going to get anywhere near a BB top 10 yet I find the 1991 EP and the Fantasea mixtape musically better than ARTPOP.

You got to be ****ing joking?? You have to be on some crazy **** if you really think that the 1991 EP and the Fantasea mixtape musically better than ARTPOP. 

LOL NO. people need to STOP overrating this album. Yes it's a good album but it's not this huge masterpiece that so many people keep making it out to be.

this :worship:

Rollercoaster

From what ive heard of 1989 the odes to cassette tapes and 1980's are a welcome bit of thematic consistency... however, thats where it begins and ends.

The music itself is more 90's than 80's. The lyrics are... I think childish is the wrong word, but childish. I'm only a year older than her and find these lyrics and some "clap and cheerleader" melodies cringeworthy.

Then we come to the voice. Even terrible albums (lotus, heartbreak on hold, glassheart) can be somewhat saved from complete trainwreck disaster by a strong vocal with intelligently timed inflection, emotional duality to lyrics or sheer vocal mastery. 1989 is not an album that has a voice. Taylor Swift does not have a voice.

DrewStevens

Delusional tbh. I would't compare any new release with Thriller. 

The album is great but it's not even her best album. 

Rat Boy

Wow the claws are really coming out in this thread

cat-angry-cut-o.gif

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Bradley

better than thriller ...  :teehee:

no

Why? Because it slayed on charts? Bye

And obviously you haven't listened to ARTPOP, Because if you did you would know it is far better than 1989. 

This!

tumblr_mwk58azKaj1s4k2ueo1_500.gif

Iconic album. 

And it's only been released this week. Deal with it, haters.  :fan:

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

You damn well know that ARTPOP is 1000 times better than 1989. 

The Fame Monster and Born This Way are better, but ARTPOP leaves a lot to be desired. 

LMFAO! Bwuahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I like to know what kind of **** they're on? It is completely blasphemous to compare that garbage 1989 album with a masterpiece like Thriller. I'm so sick and tired of this Taylor Swift obsession/craze going on now. It's unhealthy. I don't understand why the peon public loves her so much. The brainwashed, degenerate, mentally enslaved, ignorant, zombie masses worship her. It's sickening. I don't get her appeal... Nothing special or remarkable about her. 

Stay pressed.

taylor-swift-twerking-video-1.gif

Archived