Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

It was hilarious for many reasons but also really awkward :sharon: Yeah, I mean she does seem to be a little obsessed with checking up on what people think, can't blame her cause I might be the same :rip:

Yeah same, she radiates a little happiness when she's humble but upbeat! She needs more people like Tony Bennet in her life to keep her grounded on a few things!

It is so awkward. Yes, she deserves to stick up for herself and claim what's "hers" but unfortunately cool things become a trend. People are going to do what is cool. Anybody paying just as much attention would know... anyone else is just simply ignorant, which is bliss in most cases. 

But... I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm perfect. Like you, I'd be the same way. I'd be checking up on what my fans are saying, and other critics, and seeing what other artists are doing. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. She's controversial

2. What made her unique and the It Girl isn't new anymore, and people see what they thought as weirdness as attention seeking and people are kind of over that.

3. Some of the music isn't necessarily as strong as it was
4. Her lyrics are less relatable at times to a wide audience in comparison to her TF/TFM lyrics so less people can identify with her music.

However...

1. She still has her talent.. music... dance etc.

2. Still has her drive and tenacity

3. She has built a strong fanbase

So she'll still continue, she just might not be raining at the status she was at... but she has done really well for herself and people still have their eye on her and what she'll do next, she's not 'over' and the exaggerations of her 'failure's are a bit much.. when you compare her success to indie artists who are considered to be doing well for themselves too, so...

Most if the GP doesn't care about any of that. Look at all the other popular acts. And the "GP" targeted by C2C arn't even fans of pop much less avant garde pop.

I said when they hear name Lady Gaga...

every time i see threads like this i wonder why do people care whether she is popular or not? we're fans of the music right? were not fans of whoever is making the most money for her/his record company. we dont like her music because its popular we like it because we heard it and thought it sounded good.

why cant this forum focus more on the music and not so much on where it is in the charts or how much the album is selling or how many awards it gets? TFM could have flopped hard as hell but i would have still bought it because it doesnt matter how much or how little someone else likes it. i liked it and thats all that should really matter. when adele was topping charts and ****ting grammys every 5 seconds people here were legitimately upset about it as if adele's success was somehow ruining the songs gaga had made.

i'm just going to stop right here because i know i'll never understand this stuff

This is POPular music genre.

Look at their producers - Miley, Perry, Rihanna and so on - it's all the same, Radio-producers and always the same smooth stuff.

brizoda

It is so awkward. Yes, she deserves to stick up for herself and claim what's "hers" but unfortunately cool things become a trend. People are going to do what is cool. Anybody paying just as much attention would know... anyone else is just simply ignorant, which is bliss in most cases. 

But... I'm not going to sit here and act like I'm perfect. Like you, I'd be the same way. I'd be checking up on what my fans are saying, and other critics, and seeing what other artists are doing. 

the problem is that is cool when Katy copies Gaga, but not when Gaga is doing it in the first time, that's so unfair

the problem is that is cool when Katy copies Gaga, but not when Gaga is doing it in the first time, that's so unfair

Yeah, I see what you mean.

Look at their producers - Miley, Perry, Rihanna and so on - it's all the same, Radio-producers and always the same smooth stuff.

This.

I wouldn't want Gaga to be anything like those artists, not even a little bit.  Even if that means she won't be as popular or sell as well as them.  Gaga is creative, not generic.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Rolodex of Hate

There are many factors to this, but Gaga is still hugely popular. Her constantly being in the press doesn't mean people don't legitimately enjoy her. But I will say, the decreased sales of ARTPOP were largely due to:

-Poor promotion. We probably have no idea how much chaos ensued after she lost Troy and having to re-create a visionary organized team for Gaga in the middle of an album cycle ultimately led to this being a big behind-the-scenes issue. 

-Gaga seemed very excited about ARTPOP but I think it was lingering in the media for too long. Announcing the title of an album over a year before it's release makes you look a little weak, and it feels like a betrayal in some ways.

-We only got two music videos. Again...Lady Gaga has always been a visual artist, and when an album like ARTPOP is coming that sounds colorful and visual is her least visual era, people don't have anything to "cling onto" like they did with the meat dress, the egg, or the classic hair bow tie. 

-Lastly, the biggest detriment to Gaga's decline was herself. Sorry sis, but you seemed to be one of the most passionate and innovative artists in history and despite the sentiment or ideas of ARTPOP, the actual entertainment just didn't live up to it because Gaga was too focused on the idea. I just don't know how you can go from ending the BTWera with Marry The Night, talking about how you needed music to live, and then on the next album admit by the third single you were at a point you didn't want to sing anymore. Gaga needs passion again and a message focused album that connects with the masses again. 

This this and very much this

We have no legal choice but to stan

ARTPOP was  not creative

We disagree on this.  I think everything about it was creative; the concept, the music, artRAVE, and all the art surrounding the era.  My favorite era, tbh.

I live outside the space time continuum.

We disagree on this.  I think everything about it was creative; the concept, the music, artRAVE, and all the art surrounding the era.  My favorite era, tbh.

the music? the dated mess, the terrible vocals and lyrics? What concept? Bringing art in to pop? Something she failed to do?

Archived