💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why other pop artists are still hugely popular, but not Gaga.

Quark

Featured Posts

JonathanMinaj2

Some artists can afford to take a break (e.g. Beyonce, Rihanna, Katy) but then some artists can't. We all thought Gaga would be hear to stay, but it's not that easy. I'm really surprised that Katy got bigger with the PRISM era, and Gaga declined with ARTPOP. Also, I find it funny that Gaga has fans of all ages but literally most of Katy's fans are 6-16 year old girls. It just shows that people only like other artists for there basic songs...... Rihanna can sing (to some extent) she's s-xy and has star quality. Beyonce has an AMAZING voice, she's inspirational and she can put on a show. Gaga can sing and dance while singing, she's influential and different. But Katy, can't really sing, or dance, she writes basic cliché songs, her music is basic (explains all those number 1's) the only good thing about Katy is, that she does a video to every song and there good. So I don't really understand why Gaga isn't as popular as the other girls. (no hate to Katy, I love her, I just find it funny).

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interludicrous

I think she has to go basic in her popmusic. OK some guys in here will probably want to kill me but it's the truth. When you make music you do it for the fans but also for other people (maybe new fans). 

The Fame and The Fame Monster were songs with a message (and also Born This Way). And that's were it stops...

Please an album with songs like: aphrodite, lady seashell bikini? We could belong together ARTPOP? 

Ask the fans, a lot can not answer this question about her new album ARTPOP: What does all of the songs mean. And don't come up with things like: combining art and pop. That's basically the thing she did her whole career.

She has to make basic pop (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Red One, Fernando Garibay,...) and some lyrics with a message and please not so many metaphores, people don't understand this s**t.

Amen.

tumblr_inline_ndiffveFgb1qf3eh3.gif

ARTPOP and Venus happen to be some of my favorite songs, so I hope she continues to make stuff like that. And if you listen to her interviews about ARTPOP, you'll notice that she wrote a lot of it for herself, not for the fans/public. She used it to heal herself. That's also one of the reasons she's reluctant to release anything from ACT II - she likes the idea that it's HER music, and that it doesn't get butchered by public opinion. 

If you ask me she should just keep being inspired by whatever is happening in her life. I love ARTPOP just as much as her other albums. The only thing I'd maybe like is if she'd stop trying to rebel against everything :laughga: but on the other had that's just her personality and it's kinda cute. The last thing I'd want is for her to become basic. That's not why I became a fan, and that's not why she became an artist. Let her keep taking risks, and perhaps one day it will pay off big again. And above all, that's what makes her happy.

tumblr_inline_ndiffveFgb1qf3eh3.gif

ARTPOP and Venus happen to be some of my favorite songs, so I hope she continues to make stuff like that. And if you listen to her interviews about ARTPOP, you'll notice that she wrote a lot of it for herself, not for the fans/public. She used it to heal herself. That's also one of the reasons she's reluctant to release anything from ACT II - she likes the idea that it's HER music, and that it doesn't get butchered by public opinion. 

If you ask me she should just keep being inspired by whatever is happening in her life. I love ARTPOP just as much as her other albums. The only thing I'd maybe like is if she'd stop trying to rebel against everything :laughga: but on the other had that's just her personality and it's kinda cute. The last thing I'd want is for her to become basic. That's not why I became a fan, and that's not why she became an artist. Let her keep taking risks, and perhaps one day it will pay off big again. And above all, that's what makes her happy

It makes her happy? Every album makes her happy. Just like she says from every album that it's her best... 

She said: I don't think I can't top this album... Well I hope she does because of she can't top ARTPOP wel...

ARTPOP was her baddest album to date...

Yes, the songs are fun (Venus and ARTPOP) but I also want some meaning and not some methaphores**t... Like The Fame Monster (best album to date from her I think).

And you can't blame her management for everything (not that I say you do).

As an artist you also have to make music for a lot of people and not for yourself or for your fans , 'cause you see what happens... People didn't care about this era...

Just sayin' that as an artist you have a lot more to think about than on your self...

PS: STILL LOVE YA GAGA (if you read this)! :wub:

Interludicrous

It makes her happy? Every album makes her happy. Just like she says from every album that it's her best... 

She said: I don't think I can't top this album... Well I hope she does because of she can't top ARTPOP wel...

ARTPOP was her baddest album to date...

Yes, the songs are fun (Venus and ARTPOP) but I also want some meaning and not some methaphores**t... Like The Fame Monster (best album to date from her I think).

And you can't blame her management for everything (not that I say you do).

As an artist you also have to make music for a lot of people and not for yourself or for your fans , 'cause you see what happens... People didn't care about this era...

Just sayin' that as an artist you have a lot more to think about than on your self...

PS: STILL LOVE YA GAGA (if you read this)! :wub:

All of her songs are full of these metaphors though, not just the ones on ARTPOP. If anything, songs like Donatella, MANiCURE, Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy, etc. are some of the most understandable metaphors in Gaga's discography. 

And I don't think she "has to" do anything. She's free to write music for whatever she wants. It's only when financial succes becomes a goal that she has to start "thinking about a lot more than herself". But she doesn't give a **** about money, she already has more than enough. Yes, she releases her album to the public, but that doesn't mean she has to serve to the public's needs.

All of her songs are full of these metaphors though, not just the ones on ARTPOP. If anything, songs like Donatella, MANiCURE, Swine, Mary Jane Holland, Gypsy, etc. are some of the most understandable metaphors in Gaga's discography. 

And I don't think she "has to" do anything. She's free to write music for whatever she wants. It's only when financial succes becomes a goal that she has to start "thinking about a lot more than herself". But she doesn't give a **** about money, she already has more than enough. Yes, she releases her album to the public, but that doesn't mean she has to serve to the public's needs.

Why can't an artist do that?

If you need some new pants than you don't want your favorite shop has beautiful pants?

I want some music with an message and that was very disapointed for this album... So methaphoric: I want my shop has some beautiful pants again.

People don't understand her, and from experience, I know that people don't want to acknowledge her because she is "weird". But, in reality, she is just herself. Why does there have to a definition of "weird"? People look at things differently, not everyone thinks the same, but, I have to say most of the world does..

You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same

I like dancin', and ponies....

Not necessarily her but her work. When she began her career she started with a pop rock sound because that was popular at its time. When Gaga became famous, she change her sound to a more electronic pop sound too. Now she makes songs like dark horse and birthday because of trap and disco trends. Also her music videos are always inspired by some sort of theme that was already common or popular such as Egypt, Tarzan, Birthday Parties, Aliens. She never comes up with something truly unique like Applause video for example (or any other Gaga video for that matter).

If you're applying concrete themes to Katy's video, you have to do the same to Gaga's, how exactly do you describe Applause? It might be unique (it is imo) but it's no more or less so than some of Katy's videos. Sure certain themes have been done before (and better), but that equally applies to Gaga. I don't see anything special about the Just Dance video; if you want to be really pushy "hedonism" has been done far better before.

The controversy argument doesn't work really work either because Madonna continued to rebound from far more controversial "stunts" and comments than Gaga has ever done. 

Interludicrous

Why can't an artist do that?

If you need some new pants than you don't want your favorite shop has beautiful pants?

I want some music with an message and that was very disapointed for this album... So methaphoric: I want my shop has some beautiful pants again.

But it's still Gaga's work and her vision: not yours. So if the shop wants to make rebellios pants with big metaphors, you should accept it as acustomer :laughga: . You cant expect Gaga to always make exactly the type of music you like. Maybe she simply thinks that ARTPOP's pants are more beautifull than the ones from TFM :laughga:

But it's still Gaga's work and her vision: not yours. So if the shop wants to make rebellios pants with big metaphors, you should accept it as acustomer :laughga: . You cant expect Gaga to always make exactly the type of music you like. Maybe she simply thinks that ARTPOP's pants are more beautifull than the ones from TFM :laughga:

But I won't make any problem of that if the fans aren't making a problem.

Lady Gaga do what she does and everyone's happy, but the fans are complaining all the time when Lady Gaga do what she wans to do and it's not good for them. What's the difference in that?

You can have your opinion as a fan and as a fan you have needs, but what I see for now is what she did right now with ARTPOP resulted in such a complaining with every choice what was made (you can say it's the management but it's not all about the management), Lady Gaga can't blame the management all the time, but we can't also do it, but we alse can't blame Lady Gaga.

Just songs with a message and that will make everyone happy. Everyone loves catchy songs with a message don't know why you want her to be different. If she wrote a song about a toothbrush would be that good because it has some nice beats? 

Fiona Apple

Bangerz sold the same as ARTPOP and Miley was everywhere. This was her TFM era, so to speak.

Haha Bangerz sold even less than ARTPOP worldwide xD

ThatSLAYGUY

1) Bruno Mars isnt as popular as anyone else in that list

2)She was famous for being weird at first and now thats she is no longer *Fresh!* people dont care about her

people don't want to admit to liking her stuff because they see her as the 'weird' one   :ohwell:

she's also not as easy to understand, not as basic or accessible as perhaps some of the other pop stars her songs aren't just catchy bops with no meaning behind them 

Couldn't agree more...

I love that Gaga isn't like the others... people still turn their nose up now when i say i am seeing her live etc, and i couldn't give a ****. I love her and her art and music for what she is, which is authentic, raw and passionate. I do not see that in ANY other pop artist. Yes, they make fabulous fun pop records for radio and put on good tours. No disputing that, but the artistry is so different, for that i commend Gaga and that's why i will always be a fan and appreciate her work.

I think she has to go basic in her popmusic. OK some guys in here will probably want to kill me but it's the truth. When you make music you do it for the fans but also for other people (maybe new fans). 

The Fame and The Fame Monster were songs with a message (and also Born This Way). And that's were it stops...

Please an album with songs like: aphrodite, lady seashell bikini? We could belong together ARTPOP? 

Ask the fans, a lot can not answer this question about her new album ARTPOP: What does all of the songs mean. And don't come up with things like: combining art and pop. That's basically the thing she did her whole career.

She has to make basic pop (Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Red One, Fernando Garibay,...) and some lyrics with a message and please not so many metaphores, people don't understand this s**t.

Amen.

this :thetea:

Archived