💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Taylor Swift's '1989' debuts with 1.287 Million!

SomethingMore

Featured Posts

it is weird ppl are hating so hard on her on here and other places. I wasnt a fan before but this albums great. good for her. I respect her because unlike some other artists who do a lot to copy other artists who are popular at the time, she definitely has been doing her own thing. not saying shes the most original person in the world, but she wasnt trying to dress crazy like gaga when gaga was the on top, like so many girls did. she has always been herself, no gimmick and its paid off for her! GO TAYLOR... i believe unlike a lot of the girls out there now, she will be around for a lonnnngggg time 

Also this. You explained my whole point of view on Taylor better than I could do.

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope she gets 2 million or even close to. I am loving this album, loving ALL the promo, the effort put in the whole cd. I fell in love with the little polaroids, the cover, the cd, lyrics booklet, songwriters, EVERYTHING is perfect. And this is coming from someone who wasn't very fond of Taylor.

But the thing is - it deserves it.

I feel like the exact opposite.  :ohno:  I love Taylor but this album sounds like a B-Side collection... There's barely anything unique, interesting or emotional. Maybe I've just outgrown her I guess.

Pop. She isn't sending her songs to country radio or going to attend country shows anymore

Bummer.

I prefer real instruments over that synthy pop crap.

Unless it's for real, you know, pop-dance stuff like Hung Up and Venus. Then it works.

I'm so here for Taylor being called the "New Queen" over KP anyday. At least T.Swift has great songwriting skills and can actually sing even if Taylor's voice is a little weak. Her music is catchy and all, but just ordinary and nothing particularly special or extraordinary. Alas, only Gaga is the Queen in my eyes, regardless of the sales she pulls or charts she's on.

Happy for Taylor being so successful in such a mediocre music sales kind of world we are in now. She deserves it more than any of the other pop girls (except for Gaga of course) cause she actually has some integrity unlike every other pop b*tch. At least someone is making music sell! 

I think KP is more unique and interesting than the new Taylor Swift tbh... 1989 is predictable, bland, generic. Every song sounds like the other except This Love.

PRISM has amazing production value, interesting themes, visually beautiful videoclips, variation. The whole album is a journey through a musical soundscape.

Btw as a person / overall work I far prefer Taylor over Katy.

SISTERV

It's actually a pretty good album but I just don't understand how this girl sells so well. Hardly any of her songs are memorable or unique and she sings about the same thing on every album. She betrayed her origin style, country, by falling into techno induced pop music like everyone else. 

Who cares that she is selling a million copies week one?

The minute Taylor Swift is too old to sell music to teenage girls will be the minute she no longer gets these big numbers. 

And again, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran were the highest sellers so far this year. It's not like she had competition. A lot of kids in the U.S. who purchase pop albums tend to just buy what is new. Thats why Katy, Gaga, Britney, Miley had underwhelming album sales in 2013....their albums all came out the same time thereby dividing the demographic. 

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Iggy have albums dropping in November. Watch Beyonce's new album not slay like "Beyonce" did. Competition means smaller numbers and no competition means big numbers. 

I mean....if ARTPOP had come out early summer 2013....it would have sold a million copies week one. 

I really hope she gets 2 million or even close to. I am loving this album, loving ALL the promo, the effort put in the whole cd. I fell in love with the little polaroids, the cover, the cd, lyrics booklet, songwriters, EVERYTHING is perfect. And this is coming from someone who wasn't very fond of Taylor.

It would be nearly impossible for Taylor to sell 2 million copies in this day and age. Such a feat has only occurred like once or twice ever lol. I think she'll def reach 1 million though! And good for her! 

LoveandMagic

I see her numbers and I am still in a sort of shock. I didn't really truly GET just how huge she was! Somehow she flew under my radar for years (though I knew she had a lot of hit songs and albums). I guess it says something to her credit, no scandal or such. It won't turn me into a fan, but I will admit to being impress! Congrats Taylor.  :cool:

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Whispering

And again, Coldplay and Ed Sheeran were the highest sellers so far this year. It's not like she had competition. A lot of kids in the U.S. who purchase pop albums tend to just buy what is new. Thats why Katy, Gaga, Britney, Miley had underwhelming album sales in 2013....their albums all came out the same time thereby dividing the demographic. 

And again, competition doesn't matter here. Taylor has had three million first week sellers in a row. That is three of the 18 albums to achieve this milestone in the past 23 years. It wouldn't matter who else was releasing, Taylor would still be getting her third million first week album with 1989. That is an accomplishment, in and of itself.

It's actually a pretty good album but I just don't understand how this girl sells so well. Hardly any of her songs are memorable or unique and she sings about the same thing on every album. She betrayed her origin style, country, by falling into techno induced pop music like everyone else. 

Who cares that she is selling a million copies week one?

The minute Taylor Swift is too old to sell music to teenage girls will be the minute she no longer gets these big numbers. 

your confusing taylor with one direction (who are decreasing) taylors numbers are consistent, her past 2 albums hit 1 million first week also.

its impressive how this album might, even when sales are the pits.

Beyonce, Rihanna, and Iggy have albums dropping in November. Watch Beyonce's new album not slay like "Beyonce" did. Competition means smaller numbers and no competition means big numbers.

rihanna is not confirmed , beyonce and iggy do not have new albums coming out, just re-releases of some sort. so dont expect too much

I mean....if ARTPOP had come out early summer 2013....it would have sold a million copies week one. 

LOL

HeavyPunkLover

This is pure teen pop

Of course she is slying

Look at FROZEN

Kids are money maker. Katy knows it too.

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

retroglamx

I think KP is more unique and interesting than the new Taylor Swift tbh... 1989 is predictable, bland, generic. Every song sounds like the other except This Love.

PRISM has amazing production value, interesting themes, visually beautiful videoclips, variation. The whole album is a journey through a musical soundscape.

Btw as a person / overall work I far prefer Taylor over Katy.

I know I should respect other's opinions but this is delusional sis, what were you on when you listened to Prism? :lmao:

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Archived