💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP (album) 1st year Anniversary coming close! Your summary?

Phoenix

Featured Posts

mucinex

ARTPOP... What an era that was, right? It was so disappointing to so many fans, I can't stress that enough. But to me, ARTPOP was a pretty good album/era. It had so many pros, so many cons, where do I start?

I'll start with the good things... Gaga, this one may seem vague but let me explain, Gaga this era has gotten so much closer to her fans than ever! She really got to talk to us, which I never understood given all the hate she got from her own fans this era. She brought us closer than ever supporting the fans. Performances, she may not have gotten all the hype that she has gotten with her past albums, the videos weren't the best, but Lady F*cking Gaga knows how to perform, put on a show! The VMA's had everyone talking, Swinefest had great performances leaving the fans wanting more, and last but not least, SXSW(do I even need to explain this one?)! Those are just SOME of the wonderful performances this era too, there are so many more... 

Now to some of the not-so-good things... Can we talk about the singles? This was only partially her fault but the choice of singles ruined the era completely, what's the fun of having videos for G.U.Y. when she could have made a much better video for something like Sexxx Dreams, or the telephone continuation? Some of the greatest songs on the album like Gypsy and ARTPOP were pushed to the side like Scheisse and DITD... Imagine a Gypsy video, seriously, or even imagine hearing it on the radio... So many people in the GP could have gotten into it but it was wasted, completely!

Now onto my top 5 songs...

Dope: This is my favorite song on the album, it really made a mark on who I am, "I'm sorry and I love you"

Jewels & Drugs: This is FAR from my favorite or the best song on the album but it's an experiment that Gaga had to have some pretty big balls to release, it was the first of it's kind for a Gaga song and I truly appreciate that.

Swine: This is also a really experimental song for her to put out but it would have been so much better if it was like the Swinefest version.

ARTPOP: I think this song defines Gaga... It is everything and more of what I would say Gaga is, hard to explain.

Gypsy: RedOne... Need I say more? This is classic Gaga, everyone loves it, and the last part makes it so beautiful, the lyrics are beautiful.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was overall very impressed. There were some moments of pure excellence

DWUW at AMAs, Applause Video, ARTPOP at Jimmy Fallon etc

Jonna Lee

i can summarize it one quick gif

gagafall.gif

i like it when u treat me mean it turns my mood from black to blue

TimisaMonster

I remember Aura leaking as the best thing ever 

I was excited for Venus and Telephone continuation (Aura) videos... :awkney:

What disappointed me the most was a complete lack of promo, horrible single choices, no videos, and the tour was very underwhelming...

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Tommy Monster

The biggest waste of the biggest potential she ever had with an album :emo: still can´t get over it... it could have had 10 singles if managed properly  :emo: every single song is a masterpiece :giveup:

GagaMyBlood95

Amazing album, amazing songs, amazing performances!

Horrible management, a little underwealming chart success!

That's in short note :smh:

1. Do What U Want

2. Gypsy

3. Venus

4, Sexxx Dreams

5. Aura

Highlights from the era:

Aura leak,  Applause single cover,  SwineFest and the ARTPOP perfomance, DWUW, G.U.Y. video

Letdowns from the era:

The wig she wore at the original artRave :flop: the changes she did on Aura, ARTPOP and Sexxx Dreams, the DWUW video mess, blackout, G.U.Y.'s flop on the charts, bad management

Fashion!:

Lady seashell bikini garden panty Venus o/, Lady seashell punkini (Japan)

YeehawKylie

After a year, I woulds say that ARTPOP is my favorite Lady Gaga album. The Fame and The Fame Monster were a big part of my freshman year of college: Lovegame and Paparazzi released during the summer/fall going into college and Bad Romance dominating everything after winter break. Given that, I never paid much attention to Gaga aside from the singles. I always appreciated her work, but I wasn't really into pop music back then. Born this Way came out in the spring of my sophomore year, and aside from the singles I kind of missed the whole era. She annoyed me, I thought she was desperate for attention...that she tried too hard. It wasn't until ARTPOP that I paid much attention to her.

I remember when Applause leaked, I laughed at it. I thought it was terrible...but then I listened again and I found the sound very interesting. It wasn't something I had really heard before. Eventually, months later, I decided to listen to the album in full and I reluctantly liked it! Then, I listened to her other albums and really fell in love with Born this Way.

I wish others could have the same experience I had. Management contributed to the underperformance of ARTPOP but I also think there was a lot of misinformation about Gaga and her image. I love the album because it truly does make you forget about your problems...especially when you think about how much Lady Gaga was trashed and mistreated for the album and how she stood by it and moved forward.

ARTPOP is best when you listen to it from beginning to end. I think it's hard to listen to the songs on their own, they're all part of one and I think it's special how she made an album like that. My favorite songs include: Aura, Venus, Sexx Dreams, MANiCURE, Swine, Fashion!, and Gypsy. I could easily throw ARTPOP, Do What U Want, and Mary Jane Holland in there as well. When asked to single a song out, you truly realize how many strong ones there are.

I think my favorite part of the era was when G.U.Y. was released as a single and the video came out. I know it bombed, but it was exciting to see Gaga reclaim her artistry. In an era that seemed so dark and negative, it truly was such a positive moment. Regardless of what people think or how many records ARTPOP sold, it will always be important to me.

Sexxx Dreams and Do What U Want saved the album for me. It was a strange and unfortunate time for the album. Both poor timing, and bad song choices in my opinion, cause I know she could do better. Though.. after hearing those two songs, I just wish she would fully go an R&B/Funk route with her sound. Sexxx Dreams is totally a Janet-type song from her '92 self-titled album, and Do What U Want gave me Isley Brother's Between The Sheets vibes. 

Anyways, the whole era was trying, it was good to see her realize what she had become up to that point. With DWUW and Sex Dreams, It gave me the idea that she could actually do urban music. I would love to see her challenge her inner Janet/Prince. Here's to hoping.

Most exciting moment: Aura leak  :legend:

Most disappointment moment: DWUW video not being released (though for good reason, it seems)  :noparty:

Favorite song from ARTPOP 1 year later: G.U.Y.  :rockstar:

Favorite moment of era: Attending the original ArtRave in Brooklyn  :worship2:

Well I joined the 'fandom' at the start of the year, so I missed out on most of the juicy mess, however I must say that I loved the lead single and the amazing video :legend:! Applause really made me a fan of Gaga's. I also love the album itself as it was the first Gaga album I bought :flop: and I can listen to it all the way through. Gaga also gave us some AMAZING performances (such as ARTPOP on Jimmy Fallon). My favourite mini era was the G.U.Y. long white wig era as she wore loads of cute outfits and her weave game was on point! Overall, I will really miss the ARTPOP era 

some of the fashion also SLAYED this era 

:worship: ARTPOP  :worship:

The most memorable moment: When she uploaded that 11 second snippet of G.U.Y and I was slayed so hard

And then the album leaked and I listened to it in full and It was :legend:

And then it was released as a single and I was all :legend:

Then it flopped harder than any of her singles before so I was all :noparty:

Still, G.U.Y is an amazing song and the defining song of the ARTPOP era for me.

Swinefest was also amazing.

Archived