💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

artRAVE London: "I take medication everyday for mental illness"

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Laceface

I was there.

She said I take medication everyday for mental illness, she didn't specify which. It was after a girl shared her story about her bipolar disorder during BTW. She said it an inspiring and positive way, as in it was helping her - let's not spin this

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
high heeled fem

So is 60% of the population.... it's not sad, it's actually no big deal.

A ****ing men... exactly everyone is on them

jesus this fanbase is a mess shes gine

Interludicrous

Well I always assumed she did. She's a very emotional person that has always leaned towards depression, and she has to perform under very high pressure every day. It's common for performers (and the general population as well) to take medication for this.

It's even more logical when you take into account that she used to take d--gs to cope with these feelings, instead of a safer alternative like this.

Vernier

Well I always assumed she did. She's a very emotional person that has always leaned towards depression, and she has to perform under very high pressure every day. It's common for performers (and the general population as well) to take medication for this.

It's even more logical when you take into account that she used to take d--gs to cope with these feelings, instead of a safer alternative like this.

This. I also feel like she's kinda said something like this before during the BTW era, might be wrong tho

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

RAMROD

Give me that video recording for me to believe this.

Vine or intsgram video ok too

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Elizabeth

She seems like she's in a good place right now so I'm not worried, lots of people take medication like this to help them at times in their life. 

This. I'm not at all shocked or surprised about it. I've presumed she has for a while. 

RAMROD

:wtfga: you cannot be f**king serious right now :awkney: Did she say she was the only one? NO. The only reason she mentioned it was to help comfort a fan who felt insecure and ashamed about taking medication for bipolar disorder. So go take a seat. Can someone ban this troll? For the record, I care about gaga's problems and im sure a lot of other people here do too.

Maybe the bloke just had a bad day :dope:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tropico

Poor Gaga. :ohno:

But I'm pretty sure she's just taking them as a precaution rn so that she doesn't fall back into the space she was in during December - Feb. :party:

I CARE ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS, GAGA!

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

THIS!

Someone who knows about this stuff...

Yeah guys, chill... It doesn't necessarily means she's depressed, you can get anxious or start crying for no reason in particular, some people's brain can't produce serotonin or dopamine even if their actual depression time was long before.

Can you share more about this?

You say "even if their actual depression time was long before," 

Do you mean someone can have a depressing time then the way it affects their brain chemistry is such that the brain can't produce the serotonin or dopamine in the future because of the event?

But then would the brain start producing it again?

:yes: This type of treatments have to be taken in a time lapse of over 1 year or more, even if you feel better within the first couple of months... People are making a big deal about it!

I didn't know this either!

I'm used to working with people who need to be on meds basically for life, so I'm not well-versed on taking them temporarily. I know it's possible, but I don't know the science or logistics behind it. 

Are the meds then used as a sort of crutch while your brain works on making the necessary chemicals on its own?

SharGaga

I had chronic depression for 3 years straight and eventually tried suicide. I took anxiety medication and antidepressants for a month and am very open about it. It completely changed my life and am completely fine now. :) 

Whatever works for her. If its workings then Im happy. I personally did not have luck with antidepressants, but I'm better now. To each his own. 

Archived