❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎

artRAVE London: "I take medication everyday for mental illness"

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Hmm if she is, then she probably shouldn't be drinking.....I just got prescribed anti-depressants & anti anxiety d--gs and it says on both packets that they increase the effect of alcohol.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. I also feel like she's kinda said something like this before during the BTW era, might be wrong tho

I mean, I figured at some stage she had been diagnosed and she has talked a bit about it before. Since Perth artrave she has been mentioning mental illness before singing Dope....at least at most shows since then....I went to 8 and maybe at like 1 she didn't mention it. So yeah I think she's been trying to deal with it for a while and perhaps now finally got the right medical help (instead of trying to cure it with non prescription d--gs and alcohol). 

I didn't know this either!

I'm used to working with people who need to be on meds basically for life, so I'm not well-versed on taking them temporarily. I know it's possible, but I don't know the science or logistics behind it. 

Are the meds then used as a sort of crutch while your brain works on making the necessary chemicals on its own?

Well I just got prescribed anti-depressants and the doctor said for me to expect to be on them 6 months - 1 year depending on how they work. Plus since having them prescribed, I have been to see him 4 times in the last 2.5 months to check how everything is etc.....so they try to work out if the dosage is right and if the meds are really helping. Also, when you come off theml you can;t just suddenly stop taking them, you needs to be "weaned" off them - so they will keep lowering the dosage until you are taking next to nothing and then you can finally come off them. I mean my dosage isn't that high anyway, so hopefully it won't take much to come off them, but I think they want to manage you when you do go off them like if you just suddenly stop taking them after having taken them for some time, you may just go right back to where you started because of the sudden chemical changes.

This. Whats the truth gaga

You can have depression, but if you are taking meds, you can feel happy. That's the whole point of medication - to bring you back to a "normal" state.

I wont say how long shes been taking them but its been for years so dont blame last year and ARTPOP.

Im glad she is getting the help she needs.

She always says "I am so happy right now" in interviews.But when she is on tour she says she has depression O.o

she's happy because she's on anti-depressants and getting treated so she *isn't* depressed anymore and can be happy. Of course she is still dealing with it so I'm sure she is depressed sometimes as well. 

the last thing Gaga probably wants is a twitter trend '#prayforgaga' '#staystronggaga' with people expressing how worried they are.

As long as we don't get something like #cutforbieber I think she will feel supported..

She always says "I am so happy right now" in interviews.But when she is on tour she says she has depression O.o

When I was taking anti-depressants it always went up and down for me for months. Some days I felt perfectly calm and happy and then (usually when there was even the slightest stress factor in my life) I was a mess again. She could be experiencing something similar. 

Or she is just trying to fit in with what society wants from her. You are not supposed to show any weakness and admit needing medication since mental illnesses are still a taboo. 

vomits her mind

Are we seriously that surprised tbh. Do people not remember her messages on lm.com about depression? Am I the only one who has looked at the whole end of btwb era and see HUGE warning signs

Katie14

I wont say how long shes been taking them but its been for years so dont blame last year and ARTPOP.

Im glad she is getting the help she needs.

Did she say she has another mental illness besides depression? At the show she said" I take medication for mental illness and depression"

Bloody

Man... The ARTPOP era really ruined her didn't it :awkney:

She was pressured by everyone..do u remember the blackout from DWUW and after?  :madge:

BloodyM

I am not surprised tbh, I even mentioned this in a couple of threads that she might have gained weight due to anti depression medication as the same thing happened to a friend of mine. I do hope that she feels better now and I wish her a great recovery. :) xx

Archived