I was gonna cancel - comes true

Liam Germanotta

Featured Posts

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

They are called Creative Talent.

This is what the Backstreet Boys and their fans went through: http://www.backstreetboys.com/news/218943

That was August. Official bankruptcy was September.

Damn, that is really bad.

I feel sorry for all fans of Kylie and BSB.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

It's just weird that the tour promoter goes bankrupt just as she has to cancel a bunch of shows that had low sales. Surely, if she'd sold out all the gigs, there would have been no bankruptcy? So, it must have been because of low sales. The evidence is all there: her album only peaked at #9 in the country, there had been no promo and not one, but all four gigs have been cancelled. She had to cancel her Austrian show too, which is right next to Germany (it peaked at #16 in Austria). Clearly, that part of the world is just not feeling the album. Apart from UK, Spain and France, she was only doing one date per country, so four shows for Germany was a bit much considering her one-night-only approach in other countries. I think it was a case of poor ticket sales, nothing more. I hear so many excuses from artists and their labels about why shows were cancelled that I really don't know what to believe anymore. But 9/10 times, the reason is just a cover-up for bad sales.

But regardless, Kylie has been around over 25 years and has had a lot of success in that time. It's not much sense to call her a flop at this stage of her career when her peak is past and it's only her fans who want to see her now. 95% of artists go through this. If this was her near the beginning of her career, it would be different, but considering this is her 12th album and she's been around since the 80's, I think we should cut her a break. When an album isn't promoted, the tour won't sell, it has nothing to do with the artist. But I think this is a sign that her venues need to be a lot smaller from now on. She was booked for some pretty big venues for an artist who no longer has successful albums/singles and who only attracts fans. If she has to resort to theatres in some regions, so be it. I know artists and labels have their pride and only want to book large venues, but sometimes, you've just got to swallow your pride and go smaller if the situation calls for it - at least it means guaranteed sell-outs and lots of fans happy for a more intimate performance.

I'm totally agree with your point.

It's obviously a case of poor sales tickets. 

Properly because the association or whatever is in bankrupt that if they could have earned some money from this even they would have not cancelled it, it's obviously for the poor sales, like you said the same happened also in Austria.

In my country she didn't even put a date, the album peaked at #13, and with the last tour she came.

And she came here this year several times to promote her last album and she was featured also in a song of our most important italian singer, but people here don't care very much about her, also because everytime she came here she always sing 'Can't Get Out Of My Head', and basically people remember her only for that song and era.

Let's be honest, after that song, she did nice things but she is basically remember only for that song worldwide.

In this period of economical crisis, like you said they could have choose a small place to do it and only one date instead of 4.

I only hope that in a way or another the fans will have their money back like is right to be. 

The Austrian date was cancelled back in the spring. If German ticket sales were super-low, they'd have known months ago and taken action.

You know a lot of Gaga haters still insist that her injury was a ploy to avoid touring the US to half empty arenas. As if making no money and disappointing fans is better than playing to half empty arenas or cancelling well in advance.

Qualle1

The Austrian date was cancelled back in the spring. If German ticket sales were super-low, they'd have known months ago and taken action.

Once again you are wrong: The show in Vienna got cancelled in June 2014 - and not in spring. Oh, and that the presale for the Austrian show was also extremely disappointed is no secret.

MAKE LOVE NOT WAR

Archived