💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

By that shouldn't have been blind on last fight :shrug:

And it's implied that Azula has always been insane :shrug:

She may be ruthless and short-tempered, but other than the ATLA finale she isn't insane. She's an amazing fighter.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheOriginalOne

Oooooohhhh! This is a good one! I'm at work now so I can't give a full explanation. I'll post again when I get home :excited2:

For me the winner is Azula in a 80% and I give such a big percent simple cause Korra fights more with her muscles than her brai and this type of opponents Azula beats them easily. Azula has huge agility as well which will help her a lot in an arena like that temple and last but not least Korra doesn't know how to redirect her lighting. All in all she is gonna give her a run of her money like she did to Aang many times and Korra was never as an impressive and clever fighter as Aang even though she is older and has mastered more elements.l

This i comepletely agree with this

But if we had to put them in their prime korra would be smarter with her fighting and korra is a metal bender so she can bend metal in order to disable azula but you are right its azula's smarts that give her an advantage but I do think korra's raw power can over come it. Lets be honest korra on her own is alot more powerful than aang well thts what i believe

This is a tricky one. Azula is extremely manipulative, and could find ways to throw Korra off balance with her words before she even makes an attack, by making references to battles Korra lost, or being poisoned by mercury (even though in this battle, the poison is not in her body). This could easily spur Korra to attack irrationally, which is exactly what Azula is after, as she can calculate and plan for blocking and retaliating such attacks.

On the other hand, Korra is in peak physical and mental condition, meaning she would perhaps use the elements at her disposal more wisely. Considering that the Western Air Temple is entirely made of rock, I feel she would use earthbending to trap Azula - in the same sort of way that Katara used waterbending to help tie down Azula in the finale - and at that point, if she ignored any taunts from Azula, she could defeat her with her raw strength in bending. There are a lot of 'ifs' here, but considering Korra's development (at least in so far as Book One), I think that she could win.

It's very evenly matched here, but I'm going to vote for Korra. This is such an interesting battle!  :popcorn:

VforVendetta

I like your opinions, keep voting. Can't wait for Haroon's answer.

Vote again please, the Poll was deleted. Thank you and sorry.

VforVendetta

Its the classic fight between brains vs brawn in a way of looking at this 

Yes indeed but the difference is that Azula has raw power as well. You guys either haven't seen ATLA or you forget that she has defeated effortlessly most of the characters in the series and she killed the avatar and she was only 14. (and before you say that she lost in the end don;t forget that she is a villain as well) Korra bends all 4 elements and is a very powerful fighter but she was never the person with unique ability in some element and she has never won her battles the way Azula did, she barely wins her battles. It's definitely a very close battle but the biggest weapon that Korra has is her ability as the Avatar to bend the 4 elements and Azula has defeated the Avatar in the series like 3 times.

crybrowz

Korra has more abilities than Azula however, Korra does not have Azula's killer instinct. Azula is an excellent fighter who has the brain of a professional assassin. She is cold, calculating, and ruthless. Korra could easily defeat Azula with the abilities that she has but she doesn't think much when she fights and she would not know how to use her bending to its fullest potential in the extremely fast paced fight. That being said I feel like Azula would win due to the combination of her agility+crazy firebending+cleverness. 

TheOriginalOne

Hmmm....this honestly is a hard one. Since we are talking about each of them in their prime, I look at Azula as the badass, ruthless firebender she was before she lost it, and Korra as the renewed Avatar that just had the last bits of metal poison removed from her body and is ready to protect the world again. If I was talking about Book1/2 Korra, then I'd definitely give it to Azula. But Korra now seems more in control of herself. I honestly don't know who would win out of the two of the in this fight. Azula could fry Korra with her lightening! But Korra could also, if she faster then Azula, trap her within a box of earth and quickly bring the rocks together to crush her. Ahhh, this is a toph ( :awesome: ) one! But in general, I think Azula has a better chance of coming out as the winner, even though I love Korra. :emo:

My vote goes to Azula.

Yes indeed but the difference is that Azula has raw power as well. You guys either haven't seen ATLA or you forget that she has defeated effortlessly most of the characters in the series and she killed the avatar and she was only 14. (and before you say that she lost in the end don;t forget that she is a villain as well) Korra bends all 4 elements and is a very powerful fighter but she was never the person with unique ability in some element and she has never won her battles the way Azula did, she barely wins her battles. It's definitely a very close battle but the biggest weapon that Korra has is her ability as the Avatar to bend the 4 elements and Azula has defeated the Avatar in the series like 3 times.

True Azula did killed aang but she did so and won in that fight when the Dai Lee came to the rescue 

and every single fight she has won she did it with strategy she widdle down the avatar in 1 episode and the first encounter they dint know what they were up against she does have power that is true but she wins mostly to strategy and quick thinking planning out in most cases in advance But this is a straight up fight which is why I still seem to lean towards Korra in this fight 

VforVendetta

True Azula did killed aang but she did so and won in that fight when the Dai Lee came to the rescue 

and every single fight she has won she did it with strategy she widdle down the avatar in 1 episode and the first encounter they dint know what they were up against she does have power that is true but she wins mostly to strategy and quick thinking planning out in most cases in advance But this is a straight up fight which is why I still seem to lean towards Korra in this fight 

Well she dominated him in th Drill as well and thre was no strategy, it was a direct fight. Also who says that brain doesnt have a role to play in s traight battle, especially when the person that uses it is genious and fearsome bender.

Archived