Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The ATLA/TLOK battlefield (currently closed)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

So, here comes why I think that Azula will manage to proveil.

First of all Azula is a firebender and the most effective types of bending against earthbending are firebending and airbending. Putting that aside Azula is also a lightingbender and earthbending can't really stop lighting and it's not fast enough to stop it when it's done at the right moment, even for Toph and even Azula's powerful blue flames can't be easily blocked by rocks + even if Top metalbends she just becomes a better lighting target. Putting that aside as well Toph's powerful blind earthbending has a weakness, her feet. Toph sees through her feet and if they burn then she is truly blind. This has already happened when zuko burned her legs by mistake once. Furthermore Azula is the only person ever that has managed to fool and lie to Toph, two times in the series and Toph is not used to unexpected attacks, plans etc since she can aways predict them. This gives Azula one more advantage. Adding that Azula is very cunning especially in comparison to Toph that is very clever but fights more with muscles than brain.

For all these reasons I feel that 7/10 times Azula can own this Titans battle.

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with V's post above. The first thing I thought when I saw this battle was that Azula would hone in on Toph's feet and burn them to cripple her sight!

VforVendetta

I agree with V's post above. The first thing I thought when I saw this battle was that Azula would hone in on Toph's feet and burn them to cripple her sight!

Thanks. :heart:

Hmmm I do see what V is saying but the whole scene with Toph and Zuko. Toph dint sense any danger from him (which she would probably be able to tell) and if they are in a fight I am pretty sure Toph make sure her feet won't get burned and in order for Azula to perform her lightning doesn't every ligtning bender during the ATLA series kinda had like this movement they need to do to from the lightning to begin with so by the time Azula is performing the form Toph would be able to sense it and strike. Toph can't tell if Azula is lieing but doesnt mean she can't tell what Azula wil do next. But I do agree on what Azula can do and the likelyhood is there but same goes for the oppisite. And again Toph isn't really that slow even when it comes to her earthbending/metalbending. Just what is coming to my mind can't just have only Azula info and no Toph noh? Like the Bolin vs Toph  :spin: poor Bolin

Ok. Let's see. The arena's indoors. Azula better find a spacious area to fight in, not the tunnels. Get herself above ground. 

Bending/ Physical Prowess:
Not only does Azula have immense fire power: hotter flames, more expansive and intense, she uses her firebending in creative ways. She's very precise, knows how to pinpoint an enemy's weakness, and almost always does. Toph's feet would be the ideal target. If that doesn't work, lightning bending is always available for use. 

Toph knows how to metal bend, but usually needs physical contact to actually bend the metal (at this current time period). Toph's creative as well, using well-developed, truer earthbending techniques, though I've never really seen Toph perform any wondrous physical feats, as she's always to be connected to the earth, to feel, and bend. She's got to be connected to the ground somehow, always.

Azula's quite nimble, even without the use of bending, and very evasive, when on the defensive. She's got the stamina, and sort of leads her enemy towards an offensive ambush when she switches from her defense to offense (Shown in the vid above).

If for any instance, Toph corners Azula and confines her, I feel like the battle still wouldn't be won. Azula still breathes fire.
I doubt that Toph can truly confine Azula, using earth. I feel like Azula would just melt/blast the rocks off. Partially confined (some limbs), Azula's known to break free using the free limb.

*Psy Wars:
Toph's more likely to be affected from Azula's constant taunting. She'd be falling for the trap behind all the taunting. Another point for the firebender.

This is how I'd play this out.
Azula sort of heats the floor with some firebending kick waves, directed, towards the floor.  :toofunga: 
Burn the floor. Phase out Toph, firebend from above, lightning bend through Toph's defense, and get close enough to strike the finishing blow. If that doesn't work, Azula can always generate one of those fire blasts, to act as an offensive force field, and counterstrategize.

Somebody come to Toph's rescue. Despite my earlier comment on here, I'd still like to give Toph a chance.  :queenga: 

Also, I enjoy all of your points of view, so that'd be nice to hear.   :runhug: 

VforVendetta

Hmmm I do see what V is saying but the whole scene with Toph and Zuko. Toph dint sense any danger from him (which she would probably be able to tell) and if they are in a fight I am pretty sure Toph make sure her feet won't get burned and in order for Azula to perform her lightning doesn't every ligtning bender during the ATLA series kinda had like this movement they need to do to from the lightning to begin with so by the time Azula is performing the form Toph would be able to sense it and strike. Toph can't tell if Azula is lieing but doesnt mean she can't tell what Azula wil do next. But I do agree on what Azula can do and the likelyhood is there but same goes for the oppisite. And again Toph isn't really that slow even when it comes to her earthbending/metalbending. Just what is coming to my mind can't just have only Azula info and no Toph noh? Like the Bolin vs Toph  :spin: poor Bolin

Toph can't se the future, she just realises that something is going to happen from the rate the heart is working and Azula iis very calm eventhough she is a firebender and this is why she is calle dthe coldblooded firebender and this is why Toph an;t realise she is lying, even when she is lying her heart rate is low. Also eventhough the lighting is takinbg some time (like 3-4 seconds) when it's done in the right moment (when the opponent is overwhelmed) it's very difficult for an earthbender or a waterbender to stop it.

Also I forgot something.

When Azula blasts herself high or jumps with the help of her agility Toph isn't be able to tell where she is.

Toph can't se the future, she just realises that something is going to happen from the rate the heart is working and Azula iis very calm eventhough she is a firebender and this is why she is calle dthe coldblooded firebender and this is why Toph an;t realise she is lying, even when she is lying her heart rate is low. Also eventhough the lighting is takinbg some time (like 3-4 seconds) when it's done in the right moment (when the opponent is overwhelmed) it's very difficult for an earthbender or a waterbender to stop it.

Also I forgot something.

When Azula blasts herself high or jumps with the help of her agility Toph isn't be able to tell where she is.

Ofcourse she can't see the future but she can tell what azula can do in a micro second thats how she fights she adapts from the micro second and counter right away or allows the enemy to act then counters we see her do it countless times keeping calm doesnt mean you have to stop moving unless thats Azula's grand plan. As for Azula flying around using firebending I can't give an argument vs that because like you stated her blindness is a weakness period. Unless she learned how to feel the air vibrations  :teehee:

VforVendetta

Ofcourse she can't see the future but she can tell what azula can do in a micro second thats how she fights she adapts from the micro second and counter right away or allows the enemy to act then counters we see her do it countless times keeping calm doesnt mean you have to stop moving unless thats Azula's grand plan. As for Azula flying around using firebending I can't give an argument vs that because like you stated her blindness is a weakness period. Unless she learned how to feel the air vibrations  :teehee:

Toph needs to wait for the movement as you said.In some benders Toph can even realise even their next move seconds before they do it from the way they do the move, something she won't be able to do now cause Azula is a very fast bender.

Anyway I see your point.

Oh man! Dust cover? She can make a dust cover, and feel sh*t from that?  :megaflop:

EDIT: 555th post! Would've done it for the 500th, but Idk which post it was, so yeah. Yayy!  :omgexcited:

VforVendetta

Oh man! Dust cover? She can make a dust cover, and feel sh*t from that?  :megaflop:

She can't cause dust isn't one mass.

Toph needs to wait for the movement as you said.In some benders Toph can even realise even their next move seconds before they do it from the way they do the move, something she won't be able to do now cause Azula is a very fast bender.

Anyway I see your point.

I do enjoy that we can both see eachothers point of view and from what I see on this forum often this is sorta rare :emma:

But I do say for me at the least the match is more in favor of Azula like a 60/55 to 40/45.

EDIT: 555th post! Would've done it for the 500th, but Idk which post it was, so yeah. Yayy!  :omgexcited:

Idk if dust hit you in the face i'm pretty sure you'd feel it  :spin:

I do enjoy that we can both see eachothers point of view and from what I see on this forum often this is sorta rare :emma:

But I do say for me at the least the match is more in favor of Azula like a 60/55 to 40/45.

Idk if dust hit you in the face i'm pretty sure you'd feel it  :spin:

Yeah, sorry Windzo, I'm definitely pro Azula here. I still love Toph though. She's an exception. That's all.

Ahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!! I. Just. Felt. It. :lmao:  :worship:

Yeah, sorry Windzo, I'm definitely pro Azula here. I still love Toph though. She's an exception. That's all.

Ahahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!! I. Just. Felt. It. :lmao:  :worship:

Toph has send you a warning shot with the dust :lolgaga:

:hug:  no need to say sorry. Besides Azula is probably the most powerful none avatar bender in her generation which is probably why Mike and Bryke made her unstable mentally prob as a weakness of some sort (prob not but who knows!)

TOMORROW THOUGH EPISODE 10

never trust episode 10 :giveup:

Toph has send you a warning shot with the dust :lolgaga:

:hug:  no need to say sorry. Besides Azula is probably the most powerful none avatar bender in her generation which is probably why Mike and Bryke made her unstable mentally prob as a weakness of some sort (prob not but who knows!)

TOMORROW THOUGH EPISODE 10

never trust episode 10 :giveup:

powder-on-face-zit.gif Yes....!  :giveup: 

Aww, thanks!  :hug: Yeah, true. If it weren't for her breakdown, I seriously would've seen her playing a bigger role later in the ATLA series finale. 

Aghhhhhh!!!!! Episode 10! The infamous 10th! Can't. Wait. 

Hey, advanced 500th post!!!! 

Archived