💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga drops $24 million on Malibu estate

Coop

Featured Posts

ok, sorry, wrong link: http://gagadaily.com/index.php/topic/125911-gaga-id-love-to-release-gypsy-and-make-a-video-for-it/

"Gaga said she'd love to re-release Gypsy as a song, + she'd love to make a video for the song, bc she saw how much it means to people and that the ARTPOP film music video personally cost her a FORTUNE, because she paid herself because the record label wouldn't pay and she said that because she'd initially promised to release many videos for ARTPOP, but couldn't for many reasons, she paid herself."

Backstage word of mouth isn't a legitimate source. No offense to the fan who wrote that. If there is another source I'd love to hear it, because it would be shocking if her label didn't pay for her music video.

I don't think some of you grasp the idea that people change. If you're not evolving as you grow up there must be something wrong.

She grew up wealthy and became even wealthier by writing songs making fun of wealth. Some people would view this as evolving in the wrong way. 

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's only logical that should would buy something like this over a penthouse in NYC. In the future when she has kids she won't have to leave and fly across the country to visit the her label, finalise albums, etc. Also when Taylor is finished with Chicago Fire he will likely have roles based in LA. Additionally, her kids would have stuff to do there on the property, in NYC she would have to leave the apartment with her kids and go through the crowds that wait at the door for her.

LaLuna

Oh my, that's one hell of a house! And while I didn't think she'd buy a home in California, it kind of makes sense. And she can always have a pied-à-terre in NYC for when she's there. 

Oh to be a millionaire :flutter:

Morphine Prince

She grew up wealthy and became even wealthier by writing songs making fun of wealth. Some people would view this as evolving in the wrong way.

Well, she became wealthier and if you have the money you are most likely going to buy nice things. A $24m home sounds outrageous to us poor peasants, but this might be a long term investment for her.

I wouldn't say her career revolves around "making fun of wealth" but it is a theme she had. But having money doesn't mean a person can't be humble, etc. It's how you look at things. And at this point in her life she's probably thinking about what will happen in the long run.

migamiga

YAAASS us LA monsters are the new Chicago and NYC monsters :whitney:

But back in 08/09 didn't she say she would never wanna buy a mansion in LA and become a "celebrity"

Edit: Nevermind. Didn't know so many people were already complaining about it :awkney:

Elizabeth

Good for her. Most 28 year olds in her position wouldve probably had multiple mansions by now :dies:

My initial reaction was kinda shocked it was in Malibu, but thinking about it, it makes so much sense to have a place there.

The court documents actually say that she already owns a property contrary to the public story that she only has an appartment.

I thought that was confirmed to be Taylor's property in rural Pensylvania?

MonsterMum

I thought that was confirmed to be Taylor's property in rural Pensylvania?

Was it? I must have missed that. 

Backstage word of mouth isn't a legitimate source. No offense to the fan who wrote that. If there is another source I'd love to hear it, because it would be shocking if her label didn't pay for her music video.

She grew up wealthy and became even wealthier by writing songs making fun of wealth. Some people would view this as evolving in the wrong way.

That same fan source was the first to say anything about Gaga buying a house. And it's not unlikely that she would fund her own music video. She funds her own shows. It's amazing that you refuse to believe that but are jumping on this as if TMZ were CNN.

Yeah, some people would view it that way. The people who are sitting behind their computer screens. You have no idea what her though processes are, so stop trying to be some sort of moral judge off of TMZ reportings.

That same fan source was the first to say anything about Gaga buying a house. And it's not unlikely that she would fund her own music video. She funds her own shows. It's amazing that you refuse to believe that but are jumping on this as if TMZ were CNN.

I'm not refusing to believe it, I just said that wasn't a great source. It may be true, but backstage word of mouth frequently is wrong. If she did fund her own music video I don't know why she didn't say anything about it at the time, it would have been a great promotional talking point. It wouldn't be the first time she funded her own project, I was just curious about the specifics of her funding the G.U.Y. video. Chill. 

Wait isn't this the same house she supposedly 'bought' back in 2010 and lived in for only 2 weeks? It looks the same.

Either way, it's gorgeous :flutter: Congrats Gaga! May you have many happy memories there!

It's probably not going to be her main home, that will still be her NYC apartment and her Chicago apartment for when Taylor is working. This LA house is probably just because she has somewhere to call home while she's in LA instead of just living at Chateu Marmont. :)

giskardsb

The property itself is probably gated and the neighborhood is probably gated and secure. For once she'll have a monster free zone.

Archived