Whispering

Why tho

Jazz categories at the Grammys:

Best Improvised Jazz Solo- awarded for instrumental solo, not vocal

Best Jazz Vocal Album [Tony was never nominated in this]

Best Jazz Instrumental Album- C2C isn't an Instrumental Album

Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album- needs no explanation

Best Latin Jazz Album- same

Best Jazz Fusion Performance- variants of a musical fusion genre that developed from mixing funk and R&B rhythms and the amplification and electronic effects of rock music

FameHookah

Bangbang?

Jazz categories at the Grammys:

Best Improvised Jazz Solo- awarded for instrumental solo, not vocal

Best Jazz Vocal Album [Tony was never nominated in this]

Best Jazz Instrumental Album- C2C isn't an Instrumental Album

Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album- needs no explanation

Best Latin Jazz Album- same

Best Jazz Fusion Performance- variants of a musical fusion genre that developed from mixing funk and R&B rhythms and the amplification and electronic effects of rock music

Welp

There goes for the Monsters who thought that c2c would get grammies :rip:

WTF is MDNA

Whispering

Welp

There goes for the Monsters who thought that c2c would get grammies :rip:

Grammys.

C2C was always going to be eligible in the Traditional Pop category. That's what the album is and that is where it has the very good chance of being nominated and possibly of winning.

MonsterMum

Just wondering, is Bang Bang even eligible next year? It was released before cut off date for this year?

Just wondering, is Bang Bang even eligible next year? It was released before cut off date for this year?

Yes, it's eligible next year, cause was released as a single after cut off date.

Rollercoaster

my question as well!!

I can't believe they submitted Dope for Record of the Year, Pop Solo... Really?? Why? Out of all the songs on ARTPOP? That's one of her weakest songs. 

Some major bad choices on their nominations list

How? Because uou cant dance to it? Dope is lyrically the easy front runner from the album. Theres more to a song than thumping beats.

aaronyoji

am i the only one that feels like cheek to cheek doesnt deserve any grammys? i mean, i know its of quality, its high end music in the eyes of the academy, her vocals, the promo, everything is fine, but gaga really didnt do this to get back in a certain light with the industry, she didnt really do this for all the superficial reasons fans want her to, and cheek to cheek is doing well but its not a huge smash or anything, i feel like if it wins grammys it would be kind of contrived. which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because when gaga was making quality work of her own it wasnt getting awards it deserved, so now because its jazz or because shes easier to swallow with a more pristine image i suppose, that doesnt mean that shes earned recognition now as opposed to earlier.......ya know? because either way gaga's collab with tony isnt about the recognition. its more of a personal experience for her and her artistry. 

anywho....

Didymus

am i the only one that feels like cheek to cheek doesnt deserve any grammys? i mean, i know its of quality, its high end music in the eyes of the academy, her vocals, the promo, everything is fine, but gaga really didnt do this to get back in a certain light with the industry, she didnt really do this for all the superficial reasons fans want her to, and cheek to cheek is doing well but its not a huge smash or anything, i feel like if it wins grammys it would be kind of contrived. which isn't necessarily a bad thing, because when gaga was making quality work of her own it wasnt getting awards it deserved, so now because its jazz or because shes easier to swallow with a more pristine image i suppose, that doesnt mean that shes earned recognition now as opposed to earlier.......ya know? because either way gaga's collab with tony isnt about the recognition. its more of a personal experience for her and her artistry. 

anywho....

On the other hand, other people would say that she is milking this entire jazz project for the exact reason of getting back into the spotlight in an unexpected way, doing massive amounts of promo (more than for her own project) and redeem her figure as a talented lady who really is something after all. In that logic, her winning these awards is almost essential. I'm not sure if this is really her goal, probably something inbetween that and what she's been saying herself, but I actually agree with you. It would strike a sour note for me to suddenly talk about success, recognition and awards when this was supposed to be Gaga's time to unwind, get back to her musical soul, relax and find her strength back.

But to be fair, Gaga's statements/behavior have been so ****ing confusing and contradicting this entire period (ARTPOP & C2C) that I wouldn't even dare to claim anything about the real reason behind what she's doing anymore. Maybe it's 50% passion, 50% strategy? I dunno.

:coffee:

I'm glad I saw this, I sort of missed seeing you post.

Archived