💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Billboard: Katy Perry confirmed to perform at the 2015 Super Bowl

Spock

Featured Posts

MelbHawker

It makes sense for her to perform though - now that radio & everyone's eating up her music. Good on her, I'm sure the performance will be great. 

Gaga's turn will come you guys.  :teehee:

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Born Brave

I wanted my favorite team (Broncos) to make it to the Super Bowl this year, but now Idc if they make it.. 

GypsyPrince

now that Gaga isn't doing anything to do with pop, Katy will not have anything to copy for her SB performance. 

congrats katy, well deserved after all that success. hope she proves herself that she deserved that honor of performing such a huge act. i don't get why so many of ya'll gotta be so bitter. i'm team gaga over katy anyday but there's no need to put another singer down.

LoveandMagic

I can't fault her for taking this opportunity, it's really good exposure. But there is now enormous pressure so I hope she has a good game plan and plenty of time to prepare.

Congrats to Katy :)

Btw if Gaga ever performs , she should sing G.U.Y., MTN, Judas and DWUW to make them sell more. And possibly TEOG, Applause.

I would live for this, but Judas and DWUW (with R. Kelly) are too controversial probably.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

monketsharona

If they're going for a pop act, at least they should have chosen Rihanna. I'm not even going to say Gaga, because that would be a missed opportunity. I believe people are hungry to destroy another pop star, and Katy has been getting some negative press recently, so maybe she's next. She asked for it, though, she wanted to try to make history.

If Gaga is going to play at the Super Bowl, it would be best if she does it next year. She needs time, people need to start hating someone else before she rises properly.

To be honest I think it's going to be a hard time for Katy after this performance... She's not made to do this kind of thing... Even Britney and her linpsync would have been more credible...

To me they just want to destroy Katy Perry's image... 

Yes, but it's more of a technical problem on the part of the program's production than a deliberate attempt of KP to lip-synch and not sing live, as shown by the host interrupting her (I mean, if lip-synching was the real intention from the get-go, they won't interrupt her at all). I was also more referring to her American televised performances, such as the GRAMMYs and other major American awards shows where she has performed live, and that's the reason why she's continuously getting a flak whenever her vocals are being discussed. So in terms of completely lip-synching all throughout a performance in front of a television camera, I believe she has yet to pull that.

But yeah, I agree. I'm expecting heavy reliance on backing tracks too (and even pre-recorded vocals amongst her co-performer/s, like what was reported regarding Bruno's halftime show this year). The SuperBowl is notorious for that as an immediate safeguard which is understandable since it's the country's most watched program of the entire year. It'll be for the best of everyone if backing tracks are played in case something happens.

As much as I love KP, I must admit that it'd really irk me if she manages to out-gross either of Gaga's top 2 grossing world tours if this SB halftime show leads a 2nd NA leg next year. The potential for a tour extension has just become bigger. :emma:

ikr :giveup:

I can't fault her for taking this opportunity, it's really good exposure. But there is now enormous pressure so I hope she has a good game plan and plenty of time to prepare.

I would live for this, but Judas and DWUW (with R. Kelly) are too controversial probably.

I was thinking the same. But she can perform DWUW solo ;)

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

LoveandMagic

I was thinking the same. But she can perform DWUW solo ;)

She would kill it (then probably make out with herself). Lol.

It's a shame though that my fave jam (Judas) is always treated like it's schiesse because of the "sacreligious" tone or because it didn't break top five or whatever. Oh well. :)

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

She would kill it (then probably make out with herself). Lol.

It's a shame though that my fave jam (Judas) is always treated like it's schiesse because of the "sacreligious" tone or because it didn't break top five or whatever. Oh well. :)

Same. I LOVE JUDASSSS

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

Archived