Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Til It Happens To You on iTunes now!

Arturo

Predict Gaga's next album first week sales  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Predict Gaga's next album first week sales

• Less than 50,000
    • 50,000 - 100,000
    • 100,000 - 250,000
    • 250,000 - 500,000
    • 500,000 - 750,000
    • 750,000 - 1 million+

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

monketsharona

24 - 24 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek (Deluxe Version)

140 ↑ 138 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry for the slight off topic, but yeah I think Gaga's next lead single need to have really wide appeal. Rolling in the deep / Someone like you kind of wide appeal, not PitBull/Katy Perry kind of wide appeal.

Now that she is being exposed to a different audience, and they love her, she really need to serve something outstanding. She is not just a pop star anymore (obviously). 

Something like The Edge of Glory / Rolling in the deep etc. will smash next era with wide appeal.

:trootea:

Spill that tea, a piano ballad / power ballad would do greatly. It can be appealing without being generic and basic. Something like that would give her that critical acclaim once more like CTC while being more pop would make it commercially successful as well. Needs to have good promo too, of course.

vertigostick

Yes, definitely.

I think her "Rolling In The Deep" is coming, watch this space.

And a collab with Adele on her next album would be amazing!

monketsharona

Sorry for the slight off topic, but yeah I think Gaga's next lead single need to have really wide appeal. Rolling in the deep / Someone like you kind of wide appeal, not PitBull/Katy Perry kind of wide appeal.

Now that she is being exposed to a different audience, and they love her, she really need to serve something outstanding. She is not just a pop star anymore (obviously). 

Something like The Edge of Glory / Rolling in the deep etc. will smash next era with wide appeal.

A powerful ballad could work. It just has to be catchy for her return. I just don't want hard EDM. I'm not against some catchy dance songs but it has to be less noisy than some ARTPOP songs.

Next era she'll have to win back the GP and radios.

A powerful ballad could work. It just has to be catchy for her return. I just don't want hard EDM. I'm not against some catchy dance songs but it has to be less noisy than some ARTPOP songs.

Spill that tea, a piano ballad / power ballad would do greatly. It can be appealing without being generic and basic. Something like that would give her that critical acclaim once more like CTC while being more pop would make it commercially successful as well. Needs to have good promo too, of course.

:hor:

Grammy performance would be perfect, tho I really don't want to wait till 2016 :(

monketsharona

US :

138 ↑ 130 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek  :gaga:

and the next album should indeed be more timeless. catalog becomes way more important with the rise of Spotify.

CakeLikeLG

my only concern is that it could end up like Pills N Potions instead of Someone Like You lol

i want Gagas "Say Something"-like ballad tho

live each day like Gaga might drop an album

Agreed with everything. If she has to go for an album filled with ballads, post-C2C would be the best timing for it. She has already stripped down her image with it anyway. Stripping down ever further in terms of dropping her "shock value" theatrics altogether (+ go into a rock/acoustic sound) afterwards would make perfect sense, and it'd only make the transition period into the next phase of Gaga's career as an artist much smoother. She has gained a new audience, it'd be best to capitalise on it by giving another traditional-sounding record soon. 

Bloody

US :

138 ↑ 130 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek  :gaga:

I'm so ****ing happy  :omgexcited: 

giphy.gif

It's not in the top 20?  :grr:  Mess, same happend in the UK after Strictly, our predictions were too high :ohwell:

But this is really good :)
Let's hope physical sales will raise as well :)

124 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga Cheek to Cheek (+6)

monketsharona

130 ↑ 124 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Cheek to Cheek (standard version)

It's not in the top 20?  :grr:  Mess, same happend in the UK after Strictly, our predictions were too high :ohwell:

combined it's definitely top 20 on itunes.

CtC is more about physical sales. So next week sales are going to be better than week 4. 

Agreed with everything. If she has to go for an album filled with ballads, post-C2C would be the best timing for it. She has already stripped down her image with it anyway. Stripping down ever further in terms of dropping her "shock value" theatrics altogether (+ go into a rock/acoustic sound) afterwards would make perfect sense, and it'd only make the transition period into the next phase of Gaga's career as an artist much smoother. She has gained a new audience, it'd be best to capitalise on it by giving another traditional-sounding record soon. 

This this this, so much this. This new audience isn't a loyal monster-like cult and they will not support an EDM or Dance album. However, an acoustic pop album filled with ballads and maybe infused with rock will please a wide range of people from hardcore fans to casuals as well. This will help her both critically and commercially while improving on her public image which is already mending thanks to C2C.

Someone mentioned streaming above. I hope they focus on streaming with the next album, she needs more followers on Spotify. Maybe some marketing promo and deals with streaming services (especially Spotify) will help. She's got a lot of ground to cover and catch up to with other artists in streaming.

• Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived