πŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA πŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Charts Discussion - Til It Happens To You on iTunes now!

Arturo

Predict Gaga's next album first week sales  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Predict Gaga's next album first week sales

• Less than 50,000
    • 50,000 - 100,000
    • 100,000 - 250,000
    • 250,000 - 500,000
    • 500,000 - 750,000
    • 750,000 - 1 million+

This poll is closed to new votes

Featured Posts

Gypsy Life

the don't count for the first week sales? Wuuut

Nah they don't count for songs. Like when a song suddenly shoots to #1 on iTunes and gets a 80% lead.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOTRODSGAGA

Nah they don't count for songs. Like when a song suddenly shoots to #1 on iTunes and gets a 80% lead.

Oh okaay Thanks!

Welp its gonna be harder for gaga in the next era.

Plus, streaming is expending and gaga aint building a following on streaming platforms with this album 😭😭

I really wanted gaga to put the lead single up for preorder to get a nice #1 spot in the us. I hope they still count these sales.

GagaMyBlood95

I think that's quite logical NOT to count pre-orders for promo singles....

Β 

Anyways, C2C is #11, well its not that big of a deal, its still selling good :ohwell:

I don't get what you're saying, but that BB rule just started this week. But if you mean if there's people who pre-ordered the album THIS week, and whether it counted for its sales, then no. Kworb predicted 206k, but it ended up with 170k, which is the 30k new pre-orders this week.

In the next upcoming weeks, I don't think they'll count pre-orders even for lead singles, but they didn't make the situation clear yet.

Β 

Yes, that's what I was wondering, if the additional sales of Shake it off from the pre-orders that occurred last week counted for Billboard. Given your information, it seems like they don't. If that it the case, it seems to be a mistake on Billboard's part. If sales don't count for the lead single from pre-orders, then artists might be less likely to put their albums up early for pre-order, which will lead to less albums sales and the further decline of the music industry.Β 

Bad Monster Kid

BILLBOARD CHEEK TO CHEEK ISN'T IN THE TOP 10

Ugh. I had a bad feeling this would happen. I was shaking my head when the site tweeted C2C was in the Top 10 yesterday. Should have waited for Billboard.

Americano

Mess at Billboard

That's disappointing, so close to one month and just one week and one position off

Gypsy Life

The position won't add or subtract anything from C2C other than our brag rights that "C2C spent a month in the top 10". The sales are still there.

Gypsy Life

applause was first, dwuw second. indeed its a little unfair :huh:

well kinda yeah. it's the same situation exactly with 1989 except that they actually allowed Welcome to New York to chart, that's why I was saying it's unfair.

Supersonic

Right, my question is if Billboard is counting the pre-order sales for Shake it off? Perhaps they count the first released songs sales from pre-orders but not the second and third ones released before the album similar to what the U.K does. I have no idea what they are doing, but that seems reasonable.Β 

Β 

From what I learned of the course of chart tracking is that around the time ARTPOP was released, Billboard introduced the rule that downloads from preorders will not be counted towards the total amount of sales of a song. That also meant if you bought Applause or Do What U Want and the used the "complete the album" function on iTunes, your initial purchase was subtracted from the amount of bought singles. Like in week 8 of Applause it sold around 105k overall, however around that time the Single Applause was moved to ARTPOP as the first track available and showed the complete your album function. Around 30k people did that in this exact week and the amount of people completing their albums was subtracted from that weeks total (which was pretty low at 68k I think). The same happened to Venus when it started with 108k, the people completing their albums were subtracted from the total figure and Soundscan reports that it sold around 70k overall.

Gypsy Life

Slipknot (Roadrunner) 100-110k
Neil Diamond (Capitol) 70-80k
Logic (Def Jam) 65-70k
T.I. (Grand Hustle/Columbia) 65-70k
Little Big Town (Capitol Nashville) 30-35k
Pentatonix (RCA) 28-32k
Annie Lennox (Blue Note) 24-27k
Aretha Franklin (RCA) 21-24k

Susan Boyle (SYCO/Columbia) 16-18k
BUSH (Zuma Rock/RAL) 9-10k

Β 

8 new releases will be above C2C + Florida Georgia, Barbra, Jason Aldean, Sam Smith & Hozier. So #14 will be this week's position. We can still be top 10 if the special had a nice effect and it sold 25-30k.

• Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived