💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD and Billboard 200: Cheek to Cheek is #1 with 131k!

Fizzy

Featured Posts

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really really hope it hits #1. It'd save both Gaga and us from having to deal with so much bull****.

Cody Draco

The fact that some people bought this album not liking it or hating the music, it's a sad statement. :smh:

RichAssPiss

WOW. Those 2,000 signed copies made all the difference. She did it. Her promo paid off. I am so happy for her.

WOW. Those 2,000 signed copies made all the difference. She did it. Her promo paid off. I am so happy for her.

Was it 1000, and Gaga would be doomed for #1 :rip: She worked hard signing extra 1000 copies, but it paid off. What kind of fortune telling :deadbanana: She KNEW this would make a difference

The Psychic Chanteuse :legend:

PopBitch

Less than 2,000 copies between :udidnt:

That's nail-biting close. I can't believe Barbra's second week sales were so strong. I thought country music fans might pull an upset at the last minute as it looked like Cheek 2 Cheek was going to be number one, but Gaga and Tony stayed strong and crossed the finish line with seconds to spare. It was like the Kentucky Derby. LOL

I still couldn't understand why HDD and SoundScan's numbers may vary.  :grr:

Not all retailers reporting to SoundScan are counted by HDD, and vice versa. That's where the sales difference comes from. 

geniusmonster

Not all retailers reporting to SoundScan are counted by HDD, and vice versa. That's where the sales difference comes from. 

But Billboard is using SoundScan as their basis? And why are they excluding some retailers if they want to account

for total album sales? I don't get it. 

Economy

How is this even possible. Doesn't Billboard have access to more sales outlets than HDD? So their numbers should only be higher, never lower. So how did Paramore and Mariah have lower Billboard numbers than HDD?

they may not sample the exact same ones?

I dont know. All i know is thag "claimed sales" by record labels and ahipments are always higher than certified sales because its impossible to track every sale and theres a magin for error

There may be something specific HDD samples that billboard doesnt and if that source sells a lot who knows so sometimes the numbers are higher even tho generally speaking BB has higher numbers because it samples more

Stefani328

I'm so excited to see the final numbers. I would love a #1 but I would see be very happy for Tony and Gaga if it didn't.

It's a beautiful album. I love it. I can definitely see myself giving it a lot of replay value for the autumn and winter seasons.

Archived