Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GagaDaily Cheek to Cheek Q&A with Lady Gaga: Submit Questions NOW!

Emma

Featured Posts

Are there songs that didn't make the final cut? Will we be having future singles from Cheek to Cheek (I mean solos)? Apart from 'Lush Life', what other song(s) affected you in a big way?

Hi Gags  :giggle:

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Gaga :)

- Do you feel that, in some way, what you're doing with Cheek to Cheek is expressing the message of ARTPOP more than ARTPOP itself ? (putting the ART in front of the popular culture, the music before everything - your real, unretouched voice being the purest form of art, and also the fact that pop music and jazz music actually "could belong together"!)

We heard you wrote a jazz song yourself, called 'Paradise' and inspired by your aunt Joanne. So I actually have three questions about that one :

- Was the writing process for a jazz song any different than for a pop song?

- Did Tony help you or did you do it on your own? What did he think of your work?

- Do you think you could write your own entire jazz album? Are you planning to?

- Now that you've learnt how to truly be yourself and be happy with your real talent - now that you've learnt so many things with Tony and Cheek to Cheek... if you could go back in time right now, would you do things differently with your previous albums, having learnt all of that? 

Thank you for everything, we love you!

You often say that you are "every icon". When writing Born This Way you said that you pretended you were Whitney (or at least, Whitney was singing the song) so you had the self-confidence to make such a bold and powerful song. When recording Cheek to Cheek, did you endeavor to emulate any jazz icons or did working with Tony inspire you to be no one other than yourself? 

Thank you for making every day a little bit better :)

I won't die, but I can't live without you

SEVDALIZA

Your voice in this album transmits so much emotion, and I can see how recording it was a form of therapy and a way to heal your "wounds". Besides music and painting, is there anything else you do to express emotion and capture it? Do you think those other forms of emotion capturing can be used to enhance your music, giving it other dimensions? 

operating from another world

Hi Gaga! What can we expect from any potential Cheek To Cheek tour? Will monsters have to ditch their usual apparel for more "classy" attire? 

You don't even know how happy it makes me to see you so happy these days. I'm so proud of you. Your music and smile lift me up when I feel low, which is too often these days.

Paper Planes

What has been one of you favorite aspects promoting Cheek to Cheek? (Please say meeting me, Callie, at HSN...)

delete it fat

Hi Gaga, 

Clearly, the Cheek to Cheek era has been one that you've been immensely enjoying. My question for you is: How do you think this album will affect your future solo albums? Will you derive inspiration for the next album from this particular album campaign, considering that you've had the opportunity to do something you love [jazz], and that it's been pretty successful?

SEVDALIZA

You've said that Lush Life is very autobiographical for you. I would like to know if Mr Tony Bennett felt the same way about any of the songs in the album?

Cheek to Cheek sounds like two friends singing tunes over a couple of drinks. Was this your intention when creating the album or is it something that happens naturally when two artists have amazing chemistry between them?

I won't die, but I can't live without you

SEVDALIZA

One of the things that makes me feel very connected to the album is the lack of auto-tune. The emotion is so much rawer and authentic, it really draws me in. Would you consider keeping auto-tune off your future records or do you feel that it can also enhance a song?

BornSimon

Have you cooked any Italian dish for Tony? I'd love to try your bolognese, as I'm Italian myself.

Will jazz music be incorporated in your future solo albums?

Did you think that Cheek To Cheek would bring you so much joy and happiness?

SEVDALIZA

Many people claim that you are one of the only current popstars that can go out of the box and experiment with other genres - jazz, in this case. Would you encourage other popstars to give jazz a go too, or do you think they should stay away from it? Because, let's be honest, jazz does require an outstanding voice such as yours.

Rat Boy

Did doing this album enable you to delve deeper into your psyche and find out more about who you are as an individual and an artist? If so, what specifically did you learn about yourself when recording this album? Also, did this album change your outlook on life? How so?

Thanks for your time answering these questions  :)

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

HeavyPunkLover

I love so much your voice on C2C. I hope to hear the studio version of Princess Die. I think is THE song thta made me fall completely on love with you. Will we have the pleasure to hear the uptempo version of the song?

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

• Admin pinned this topic
  • Kayla unpinned this topic

Archived