💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga: "I found that fighter who was ready to take on the world"

yxi

Featured Posts

She admits that she was suffering from a crisis of confidence. After schlepping around the lower rungs of the New York and Los Angeles music scenes from her late teens to her early twenties, she finally found success with the release of her debut album, The Fame, in 2008. But even though – or, because – she was the songwriter, “I was a 22- to 27-year-old girl in the studio with a lot of older men around me... So it’s quite scary for the corporations that I work with, because everyone relies on me to produce the creative.

“And so everyone’s looking at me, going: ‘Sooo... is it gonna be electronic?’ Or: ‘You’re gonna do dance music, right?’ Or: ‘You’re gonna have another “Poker Faceâ€, won’t you, or another “Bad Romanceâ€?’†She sighs. “It’s a very unhealthy way to take care of an artist. We don’t do very well when we feel pressure. When we feel free and open, this is when creativity shines.â€

The Cheek to Cheek project, then, came at an auspicious time. The unstinting, unquestioning respect of Bennett has rebooted her confidence, and also caused her to reappraise how she takes to the stage. Singing together, “I take a much more... meditative,†she says carefully, “approach to the performance. I’ve got wide-open ears. The ArtRave has routines, and there’s a performance-art aspect that has been designed. [but with Tony] there’s not a lot of rehearsal in terms of the steps, it’s all completely improvised the entire thing.â€

What has her latest collaboration taught her?

“Gosh, it’s taught me so much,†she shoots back in breathy reply. “And more than teaching me, it’s made me myself again. I got really lost for a little while. I felt like I didn’t even know who I was any more. And with Tony I found that boxer, that fighter within me who was ready to take on the world.â€

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/lady-gaga-interview-i-got-really-lost-for-a-while-i-didnt-even-know-who-i-was-anymore-9758412.html

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

Good. I hope she takes time off after C2C to gather a huge amount of inspiration and release another album. I'd like for it to be dance music but l don't want to pressure her. don't want her to crash again.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

SummerGirl21

PRAISE. Glad she is getting her confidence back. She's a free b---h, baby!

im-a-free-b---h-baby-o.gif

Good. I hope she takes time off after C2C to gather a huge amount of inspiration and release another dance music album.

don't hold your breath, hun. 

Battle 4 Ur Life

PRAISE. Glad she is getting her confidence back. She's a free b---h, baby!

im-a-free-b---h-baby-o.gif

don't hold your breath, hun. 

yes, while you quoted me I edited myself to be more realistic.

SpadesToStart

Good. I hope she takes time off after C2C to gather a huge amount of inspiration and release another album. I'd like for it to be dance music but l don't want to pressure her. don't want her to crash again.

I mean, we could get something fun and dancy like Gypsy, but based on what she's been saying, I think the days of pure dance tracks like Poker Face and Applause are over.  But hey, ya never know!

Yes that stripped promo ...  :teehee:

MK3YK2a.gif

I am so happy for her ... can't wait for her next Solo album to see her finally "free"

Dean Winchester

I mean, we could get something fun and dancy like Gypsy, but based on what she's been saying, I think the days of pure dance tracks like Poker Face and Applause are over.  But hey, ya never know!

I expect the next album to be Glam-rock tbh  :excited2: And im super excited

Battle 4 Ur Life

I'd love to hear something like Venus on her next album. that song shows her enormous talent as a dance producer. If she managed to infuse something like that with rock or glam would be the sound of heaven imo

I expect the next album to be Glam-rock tbh  :excited2: And im super excited

Me like it too!  :excited2:

Archived