💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

recreating the artrave costumes!

Guy Under You

Featured Posts

Guy Under You

Hey guys, I am going to be recreating the artrave costumes in my own way for the performances I do at musical theatre school, the only one I am having problems with is the paparazzi octopus costume, I don't know what to create the tenticles out of, it's only meant to be cheap, quick and easy to make because I'll only be wearing it for one song, ANY ideas ? also I'm a guy so what do you think I should do about the seashell bikini, gypsy dress AND all the leotards in the show ? thanks :)

Guy Under You

balloons like these?

0125d2_d9f1fc852db9424f8df6fec8f2e57837.

such a good idea! i'd have to use tape to hold them all together, it'd be a multi coloured mess ahaha

For the ARTPOP/G.U.Y./Donatella/Fashion! leotard she wears at the beginning,just make a gold sequined leotard with sleeves,cut slits into the armpits,and find one of those giant blue Christmas ornament ball things online and have someone cut it in half for you,poke holes into four corners,and hand stitch it on. For extra security,hot glue it all the way around,but make sure the hot glue is not visible on the ball.

For the Venus/MANiCURE seashell bikini top and panties,just buy a seashell bra on eBay (one that's generic white) and use glue/loose glitter and apply it that way. For the panties,just get a package of those arts & crafts pattern and a pair of nude colored panties and individually glue on the flowers.

The Just Dance/Poker Face/Telephone outfit is quite difficult,but I'd suggest looking for white sequin fabric (actual white,not with colored sequins) and sewing it into a school girl dress pattern as one piece,making sure to add sleeves. For the back "paw" I found a diagram from another Gaga impersonator on Instagram for the black & red sequins,so you'd have to get some black cardstock or foam,cut out the paw shape,and individually glue on the sequins.

Here's the diagram:

lMuYJfy.png

There's a second part to this post,so stay tuned.

Part 2:

For Paparazzi/Do What U Want/BTW I'd suggest you find some baby blue fabric (pleather or cotton is entirely up to your budget) and paint on the pink circles on Gaga's leotard by hand. For the headpiece,get a small cylinder piece of styrofoam and cut a hole out of the bottom. Again depending on your budget,use the same baby blue cotton/pleather,along with stuffed animal stuffing and a sewing machine to sew up the tentacles. Paint the pink circles on just like you did with the leotard,glue the tentacles onto the piece of styrofoam and glue on an elastic band to it to make sure it's secured on your head.

For Judas/Aura/Sexxx Dreams/Alejandro/Mary Jane Holland find a black tank top and cut it in half. Save the bottom piece as scrap fabric after cutting a couple of somewhat thick strips to sew on the tank top across each strap as shown in this picture:

021.jpg

For the leggings just look for some black shiny leggings.

For Bad Romance/Applause/Swine find pink duct tape and a plastic sheet. Cut out the plastic sheet to fit to your body and have it hot glued or sewn together. In the back,make sure velcro is attached from top to bottom to let you get in and out of the plastic shirt. For the wig,find a cotton candy wig and cut it to a boy cut. Get multicolored yarn to coincide with the colors used on the actual wig (green,blue,orange,and pink) and have someone sew it into the wig along with having someone make the bows with the yarn as well. For the skirt,get a long piece of white cotton or pleather fabric and hand paint on the design used on the actual skirt (this was from a Gaga impersonator as well on Instagram):

SZquhhO.png

Also,get some white furry fabric and cut it in a way that it's able to go on the skirt. Make sure to have a green plastic sheet as well to attach it to the skirt,making sure the green sheet is shorter than the white cotton or pleather. Also make sure that the skirt has velcro in the back to make it detachable. For the furry arm and leg warmers,buy some that look like Gaga's on the Internet or in a Halloween store.

For Gypsy,find a white long sleeved dress or make one with white sequin fabric and attach a poster board making it in the shape of Gaga's skirt on the dress. Glue on white and silver loose glitter to the poster board and make sure the dress has velcro in the back so you can get in and out of it.

A final note: Make sure you're able to get in and out of all your costumes. Attach velcro or a zipper onto all the costumes (with the exception of the Venus/MANiCURE seashell bra and garden panty,of course). If you want,I have a thread that has the full artRAVE backdrop show if you have access to your theater's scrim,a laptop and projector.

Guy Under You

you could get 2 white seashells giant_irish_scallop2__89627.1410847648.1

and put glue them on a plain white/black/nude color shirt where the shoulder caps are?

perfect idea!

Part 2:

For Paparazzi/Do What U Want/BTW I'd suggest you find some baby blue fabric (pleather or cotton is entirely up to your budget) and paint on the pink circles on Gaga's leotard by hand. For the headpiece,get a small cylinder piece of styrofoam and cut a hole out of the bottom. Again depending on your budget,use the same baby blue cotton/pleather,along with stuffed animal stuffing and a sewing machine to sew up the tentacles. Paint the pink circles on just like you did with the leotard,glue the tentacles onto the piece of styrofoam and glue on an elastic band to it to make sure it's secured on your head.

For Judas/Aura/Sexxx Dreams/Alejandro/Mary Jane Holland find a black tank top and cut it in half. Save the bottom piece as scrap fabric after cutting a couple of somewhat thick strips to sew on the tank top across each strap as shown in this picture:

021.jpg

For the leggings just look for some black shiny leggings.

For Bad Romance/Applause/Swine find pink duct tape and a plastic sheet. Cut out the plastic sheet to fit to your body and have it hot glued or sewn together. In the back,make sure velcro is attached from top to bottom to let you get in and out of the plastic shirt. For the wig,find a cotton candy wig and cut it to a boy cut. Get multicolored yarn to coincide with the colors used on the actual wig (green,blue,orange,and pink) and have someone sew it into the wig along with having someone make the bows with the yarn as well. For the skirt,get a long piece of white cotton or pleather fabric and hand paint on the design used on the actual skirt (this was from a Gaga impersonator as well on Instagram):

SZquhhO.png

Also,get some white furry fabric and cut it in a way that it's able to go on the skirt. Make sure to have a green plastic sheet as well to attach it to the skirt,making sure the green sheet is shorter than the white cotton or pleather. Also make sure that the skirt has velcro in the back to make it detachable. For the furry arm and leg warmers,buy some that look like Gaga's on the Internet or in a Halloween store.

For Gypsy,find a white long sleeved dress or make one with white sequin fabric and attach a poster board making it in the shape of Gaga's skirt on the dress. Glue on white and silver loose glitter to the poster board and make sure the dress has velcro in the back so you can get in and out of it.

A final note: Make sure you're able to get in and out of all your costumes. Attach velcro or a zipper onto all the costumes (with the exception of the Venus/MANiCURE seashell bra and garden panty,of course). If you want,I have a thread that has the full artRAVE backdrop show if you have access to your theater's scrim,a laptop and projector.

okay I literally need to get into contact with you and you can collaborate with me, I have to wear these onstage for my gaga show!

okay I literally need to get into contact with you and you can collaborate with me, I have to wear these onstage for my gaga show!

Haha! I don't really have money to pull off costumes for your show,but I'll help you with whatever else.:)

Guy Under You

Haha! I don't really have money to pull off costumes for your show,but I'll help you with whatever else. :)

no i pay for everything, you just help design! aha x

no i pay for everything, you just help design! aha x

I'd honestly not recommend sending any money over to a stranger,unless you're able to pay through PayPal.

xoxoJohnnyGaga

I'm actually in the middle of doing the same thing so maybe i can help :yes: I bought polka doted material and and something to stuff it with. Basically i have been cutting out the material in long rectangles (if that makes sense) and have been stuffing each rectangle and gluing them closed (or you could sew them instead if you prefer). I'm sorry I'm not sure exactly how to explain but i really do want to help :shrug:

Guy Under You

I'd honestly not recommend sending any money over to a stranger,unless you're able to pay through PayPal.

no I mean you help design and i go and buy the stuff and make it, no money is being exchanged, only designs!

I'm actually in the middle of doing the same thing so maybe i can help :yes: I bought polka doted material and and something to stuff it with. Basically i have been cutting out the material in long rectangles (if that makes sense) and have been stuffing each rectangle and gluing them closed (or you could sew them instead if you prefer). I'm sorry I'm not sure exactly how to explain but i really do want to help :shrug:

yes i understand! and it seems we are both from aus so that makes it easier! dm me!

no I mean you help design and i go and buy the stuff and make it, no money is being exchanged, only designs!

Oh okay I understand. That makes a lot more sense. xD I'm a flop excuse me. :flop:

Archived