Is JazzGa just a phase?

Golden Gangsta

103 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

Golden Gangsta

She's been singing jazz since she was 13. How can it be a phase when she's been singing jazz since she was 13? Do you not know that she's been singing jazz since she was 13? Because she's been singing jazz since she was 13.  :spin:

Her career was never solely focused on creating jazz records, like it is now. The fact that she has been singing jazz since the age of 13 is irrelevant  :coffee:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NewYorkCity

I wasn't complaining about being a fan of Gaga. I was complaining about people who are fans of C2C acting like they are superior to those of us who are not. Newsflash, you aren't. :later:

I've never acted supperior than anyone else for not liking something.

I think the reasons for the comments some of you get is more because you feel the need of being in almost everythread saying how you are not here for it.

Newflash, you can let the rest enjoy what they like and just ignore it.

Her career was never solely focused on creating jazz records, like it is now. The fact that she has been singing jazz since the age of 13 is irrelevant  :coffee:

I was just joking. :laughga: I don't care if it's a phase or not, she should just do whatever inspires her. 

I love judas SO MUCH but I canĘąt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Cody Draco

I've never acted supperior than anyone else for not liking something.

I think the reasons for the comments some of you get is more because you feel the need of being in almost everythread saying how you are not here for it.

Newflash, you can let the rest enjoy what they like and just ignore it.

I posted my opinions in this thread just like you did. You don't see me in all of the C2C review threads bashing it. I respect the album and Gaga's choice to do Jazz. I'm happy that she is happy. All I've been saying is that I want pop music from her. I will go enjoy Chasing Time since my opinions in this thread are bothering you. :laughga:

SychosSoChic

Nobody forces you so yeah, you can leave whenever you want to and stop complaining

3599095-2m4w01i.gif

Ugh. ew133.gif

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

No.  She will continue with jazz.  What percentage of the time vs other genres idk.

I live outside the space time continuum.

i feel ppl just bash C2C because it's not "pop" but really. it's a great record. i too love pop gaga and she will "comeback" although she never left in the first place but whatever makes people complain i guess :madge:

thatfoxyfeeling

I suspect RockGa will make an appearance in the future, she is versatile and doesn't need to conform to one genre.

wahkeenasitka

To answer the original question, it's really hard to know. It's too early to tell if it's just a phase. On one hand, I would say yes, it's a phase in her development, like everything is... But she could feel like she's just finally come home. You never know.

Are you praying that she returns to pop music when she realises Jazz is a dead end for her career?

Obviously, Jazz is not a dead end. You're just being ignorant. There's lots of people who can sustain a career on jazz music and performing jazz for decades. Honestly, she would have a greater chance of longevity of her career if she switched to Jazz Music exclusively and did nothing but that for the next 30 / 40 years... than if she stuck with doing Pop Music. 

I suspect RockGa will make an appearance in the future, she is versatile and doesn't need to conform to one genre.

& I would agree with this. I would say that Gaga is so versatile and experimental, she'll most likely never stick to just one musical genre. 

Whispering

Of course we'll support her this one time, but does GGD really want Gaga to sing and produce Jazz albums for the rest of her life? I have a feeling not  :shrug:

Also, you can't deny that she's alienating a lot of fans that were allured by her edgy pop imagery. Something is telling me this classy 1920s Jazz singer persona (accompanied by Tony, who is considered "some old grandpa" by many) doesn't fare well with her main demographic, which is (or used to be, at least...) outcast teenagers/young adults.

I don't know if GGD wants more jazz albums or not. I do know that Gaga is not quitting her career as a songwriter, singer and performer of original songs. I do know that she has stated that she will still do Pop. I do know that she has two more solo albums to do in order to fulfill her major label contract.

Teens and young adults are open to more genres than Pop. The fans here at GGD are buying this album and many are enjoying this mini-era. Something tells me that no one has any idea of how subsequent jazz eras will be received by her hardcore fans, and in the end it doesn't really matter. The reactions to C2C are generally positive and the mature-minded fans that don't care for this type of music are simply taking a break or focusing on future releases.

The rest of this noise is basically just hysterics and drama for drama's sake. ;)

NewYorkCity

I posted my opinions in this thread just like you did. You don't see me in all of the C2C review threads bashing it. I respect the album and Gaga's choice to do Jazz. I'm happy that she is happy. All I've been saying is that I want pop music from her. I will go enjoy Chasing Time since my opinions in this thread are bothering you. :laughga:

I was talking in general, of course. I am not following you arround the forum to see if you post on every thread about jazz. Idk. But what I know is that there's a group of people doing that.

I don't know if GGD wants more jazz albums or not. I do know that Gaga is not quitting her career as a songwriter, singer and performer of original songs. I do know that she has stated that she will still do Pop. I do know that she has two more solo albums to do in order to fulfill her major label contract.

Teens and young adults are open to more genres than Pop. The fans here at GGD are buying this album and many are enjoying this mini-era. Something tells me that no one has any idea of how subsequent jazz eras will be received by her hardcore fans, and in the end it doesn't really matter. The reactions to C2C are generally positive and the mature-minded fans that don't care for this type of music are simply taking a break or focusing on future releases.

The rest of this noise is basically just hysterics and drama for drama's sake. ;)

:tea:

Yes in the sense of I really do not think she's going to release one jazz album a year, nor do I think it'll continue to be a main facet of her career, but no because I do truly think she enjoys jazz music and is passionate about Cheek to Cheek and working with Tony. I believe her when she says it's been something that's been apart of her life for a long time, and I think she'll go back to it in the future in small parts.

Archived