💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga defends ARTPOP's impact and success

Stephen

Featured Posts

Blackjesus420

When you're filling arenas, you're successful. People b---hing about her "flopping" can't even get 100 likes on a Tumblr post.

Yaaaassssss!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
degenerate

it dd just fine until you and your team gave up on singles and videos so yeah.

I laughed because it's true. Do people just conveniently forget about the whole DWUW thing.......

degenerate

When albums drop out of the BB 200, labels stop spending money on them. (usually before that, but always after)

ARTPOP got to the bottom of the 200, so they stopped spending money on new singles. That's how it works.

I feel like this is a reach. DWUW was launched as a single before the album was released... and DWUW was a single that could've changed any such chart positioning.

rivingtonrebels

Considering the AP era and the promo dropoff ets it's AMAZINGLY impressive.  I'm so happy that she's happy

Whispering

I feel like this is a reach. DWUW was launched as a single before the album was released... and DWUW was a single that could've changed any such chart positioning.

Huh? DWUW was supported by the label and by Gaga. It may not have ended up with a video that was released, but it was supported by multiple performances and by label support with radio play. All during that time, the album was in the BB200. By the time G.U.Y. came along, it was heading to the lower end of BB albums, especially when it wasn't discounted. That's when they probably made the decision to stop releasing singles. If the album had stayed in the top 50 or even 100 (without a discount), then their decision might have been a different one.

Of course, there will always be exceptions, but for the most part, record labels know when to call it a day.

I love ARTPOP. Its one of my favorites. It has lots of meaningful music with great dance beats and fun lyrics. The tour is my absolute favorite because it was so fun. Can't imagine why someone would hate it.

8f70c6ea.gif                                 8f70c6ea.gif

8f70c6ea.gif

8f70c6ea.gif                                                 8f70c6ea.gif

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

TimisaMonster

Touring ARTPOP around the world has given her a broader view of how much her fans really did enjoy the music

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Pure Adrenaline

When you're filling arenas, you're successful. People b---hing about her "flopping" can't even get 100 likes on a Tumblr post. 

POST OF THE YEAR

It's much more fun to have hizophrenia... u never get lonely

Hybrid MonsTer

You can't do a sold out arena and stadium tour with a flop album unless you're a legendary rock band (who only play the old hits anyway whereas a popstar will do their current material), therefore ARTPOP is not a flop. I'd like to see other popstars sell out a Greek stadium with an underperforming album a mere 6 years into their career. I'd like to see other popstars perform a sold out world tour where the cheapest ticket is £60 with a flop album. For the record, Rihanna didn't tour with Talk That Talk, despite having its lead single be one of the biggest hits of her career. Every single that followed had the same type of performance as the rest of ARTPOP, and a tour didn't happen. It must have been because her label deemed demand couldn't be overwhelming based on one hit. They must have also deemed her fanbase not loyal enough to support an underperforming album. Beyonce was in the same situation with 4 and she could definitely have had the demand. And Xtina hasn't toured for her last two albums. In fact, most popstars wouldn't have had the guts to tour with an album like ARTPOP for fear it would just end in cancellations and embarrassment, as I've just explained. But this tour has proved that Gaga fans are still loyal and she has demand both from new territories and old haunts. That is the mark of an artist who will be around for a long time and doesn't need massive commercial successes to prove that.

:worship:  :applause:  :monsterpaw:  :hug:

This is all she needed to say since the beginning tbh. She shot herself in the foot repeatedly trying to defend it. I'm glad she said it this way. 

Archived