Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga defends ARTPOP's impact and success

Stephen

Featured Posts

TRILL MONSTER

true :P

Lmao ....this is off topic but ...

Every time you change your avi Steve nasty ....you always have on a shirt I have :awkney:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Lmao ....this is off topic but ...

Every time you change your avi Steve nasty ....you always have on a shirt I have :awkney:

you have this shirt bruh?  :koons:

i needa see the receipts 

this is the kind of stuff that makes the general people to not like her and I don't blame them

She's like the Queen of Hype and thinks everything she does is perfect and right and art and it's getting a little annoying to be honest

I love ARTPOP with all my heart but she needs to wake up :ohno:

djBuffoon

Gaga’s music is not meant to sit comfortably with us. Her persona doesn’t, yet in interviews she reveals grace, intelligence and empathy. Her music does the same when you listen carefully. ARTPOP perceived as flop not because Gaga created an ...ism which she cannot sustain and continue to exceed, but because we allowed the haters to influence our opinions instead of listening carefully to the sensitive artiste behind the burka.

One of the most perceptive things I've read about this era since it began. This is probably Gaga's most autobiographical, honest album, and it will take some fans a while to appreciate that.

giskardsb

this is the kind of stuff that makes the general people to not like her and I don't blame them

She's like the Queen of Hype and thinks everything she does is perfect and right and art and it's getting a little annoying to be honest

I love ARTPOP with all my heart but she needs to wake up :ohno:

Read this again and explain how any part of what she says matches up with what you are saying.

Beautiful crowd tonight just sensational, knew every word to ARTPOP. It's unfortunate the media gave the impression it hasn't been successful, when in truth it inspired many fans all over the world and is a wonderful success bridging contemporary art, rave, and love. I've loved every moment of this music and tour.

Read this again and explain how any part of what she says matches up with what you are saying.

Beautiful crowd tonight just sensational, knew every word to ARTPOP. It's unfortunate the media gave the impression it hasn't been successful, when in truth it inspired many fans all over the world and is a wonderful success bridging contemporary art, rave, and love. I've loved every moment of this music and tour.

let's not be delusional here

Specially the "is a wonderful success bridging contemporary art, rave, and love" part made me cringe

Flawless

we allowed the haters to influence our opinions instead of listening carefully to the sensitive artiste behind the burka.

100% true

the scars on my mind are on replay.

StrawberryBlond

You can't do a sold out arena and stadium tour with a flop album unless you're a legendary rock band (who only play the old hits anyway whereas a popstar will do their current material), therefore ARTPOP is not a flop. I'd like to see other popstars sell out a Greek stadium with an underperforming album a mere 6 years into their career. I'd like to see other popstars perform a sold out world tour where the cheapest ticket is £60 with a flop album. For the record, Rihanna didn't tour with Talk That Talk, despite having its lead single be one of the biggest hits of her career. Every single that followed had the same type of performance as the rest of ARTPOP, and a tour didn't happen. It must have been because her label deemed demand couldn't be overwhelming based on one hit. They must have also deemed her fanbase not loyal enough to support an underperforming album. Beyonce was in the same situation with 4 and she could definitely have had the demand. And Xtina hasn't toured for her last two albums. In fact, most popstars wouldn't have had the guts to tour with an album like ARTPOP for fear it would just end in cancellations and embarrassment, as I've just explained. But this tour has proved that Gaga fans are still loyal and she has demand both from new territories and old haunts. That is the mark of an artist who will be around for a long time and doesn't need massive commercial successes to prove that.

Archived