Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga defends ARTPOP's impact and success

Stephen

Featured Posts

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Battle 4 Ur Life

When you're filling arenas, you're successful. People b---hing about her "flopping" can't even get 100 likes on a Tumblr post.Ā 

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Whispering

it dd just fine until you and your team gave up on singles and videos so yeah.

Ā 

When albums drop out of the BB 200, labels stop spending money on them. (usually before that, but always after)

ARTPOP got to the bottom of the 200, so they stopped spending money on new singles. That's how it works.

When you're filling arenas, you're successful. People b---hing about her "flopping" can't even get 100 likes on a Tumblr post.Ā 

Ā 

My GOD this made me lol :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Whispering

Good. She's right. I'm glad she's happy and knows that what she created is special to A LOT of people.

Ā 

:yes:Ā This! So many people loved the album and are loving the tour!

NewYorkCity

I'm happy that she has finnally seen the light. The album is not a flop, is not mediocre and it is not a disappointment. Neither the tour.

Maybe somethings could have been better? Yeah. Maybe it didn't match the success of her previous works? Yeah, but the fact that her previous works had a 10 in success... ARTPOP still has an 8. Not a 0. So yeah.Ā 

Ā 

ARTPOP is an amazing album and I can't wait for my artRAVE to be slayed and sing every lyric while dancing and jumping like if it was the last night of my life.

Yes, the album's a commercial success, not her biggest but still a success, a moderate one. Her tour is expected to gross more than $80 million from less than 80 dates. That alone is a vindication that ARTPOP isn't this huge flop some media outlets like to desperately and unfairly portray. However, I'm quite lost by the latter part of her statement for some reason. It sounds forced, especially if her recent interviews have to be read.Ā 

I agree :party:

but I don't think she should've said it herself. :noparty:

Saying your own work is 'a wonderful success bridging contemporary art, rave, and love' comes off as pretentious and self-absorbed. And that's Gaga's Achilles's heel.

Oh, I'm just visiting-

VforVendetta

Yes, the album's a commercial success, not her biggest but still a success, a moderate one. Her tour is expected to gross more than $80 million from less than 80 dates. That alone is a vindication that ARTPOP isn't this huge flop some media outlets like to desperately and unfairly portray. However, I'm quite lost by the latter part of her statement for some reason. It sounds forced, especially if her recent interviews have to be read.Ā 

She says music and tour, not the Era or during that time. Gaga was very happy during the whole Tour and we can all agree that she was very happy before all the mess with the managment etc happened. If you read carefully, the post is very precise.

Stefani328

It may not have been as numerically successful as expected, but it has been successful in loads of people loving it and stuff :party: Like how even though Born This Way was deemed a "flop" by many, it helped and saved loads of people, and that means a **** load more than numbers ever will :legend:

I agree. I think that's what she's trying to say. ARTPOP wasn't successful as her previous albums and we all know the media has been tearing into it and her since it was released, but knowing it touched people and people enjoyed it even if it wasn't a huge hit it's successful in that right. It may seem like so many people hate AP but there are a lot of people that don't. They enjoyed the album and they loved the artRave.

Ā 

OT: I love your attitude.Ā  :hug:

Robotboy

When albums drop out of the BB 200, labels stop spending money on them. (usually before that, but always after)

ARTPOP got to the bottom of the 200, so they stopped spending money on new singles. That's how it works.

it was not when DWUW was a single. they waited like quarter of a year for the 3rd single which they didnt promote at all :awkney:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Whispering

Ā 

SheĀ loves the music. Gaga may not like what theĀ label does with her voice to make it more "suitable" for Pop radio, but she loves the music she wrote and created none the less.

Ā 

She has also loved sharing her music with her fans on this tour. That's more than obvious and very clear!

I agree :party:

but I don't think she should've said it herself. :noparty:

Saying your own work is 'a wonderful success bridging contemporary art, rave, and love' comes off as pretentious and self-absorbed. And that's Gaga's Achilles's heel.

Is not pretentious because that is what she did.

Archived