💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga defends ARTPOP's impact and success

Stephen

Featured Posts

better to shoot high and miss than not try at all.  At least she's doing something other than taking the boring safe route.

I agree and I love her for doing that but my complain is that she just keeps talking as if she actually revolutionized pop culture once again and brought art to the mainstream and that every move she made over the last year was perfect when clearly that's not the case

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really glad she knows the truth. Sometimes the media can get inside your head and make you see things the way they are not. ARTPOP was a celebration and I am so happy it happened, it is currently my favorite album of hers.

NewYorkCity

You can't do a sold out arena and stadium tour with a flop album unless you're a legendary rock band (who only play the old hits anyway whereas a popstar will do their current material), therefore ARTPOP is not a flop. I'd like to see other popstars sell out a Greek stadium with an underperforming album a mere 6 years into their career. I'd like to see other popstars perform a sold out world tour where the cheapest ticket is £60 with a flop album. For the record, Rihanna didn't tour with Talk That Talk, despite having its lead single be one of the biggest hits of her career. Every single that followed had the same type of performance as the rest of ARTPOP, and a tour didn't happen. It must have been because her label deemed demand couldn't be overwhelming based on one hit. They must have also deemed her fanbase not loyal enough to support an underperforming album. Beyonce was in the same situation with 4 and she could definitely have had the demand. And Xtina hasn't toured for her last two albums. In fact, most popstars wouldn't have had the guts to tour with an album like ARTPOP for fear it would just end in cancellations and embarrassment, as I've just explained. But this tour has proved that Gaga fans are still loyal and she has demand both from new territories and old haunts. That is the mark of an artist who will be around for a long time and doesn't need massive commercial successes to prove that.

:tea: I just want some people here to leave.

COLONiCPRiNXESS

Like, I don't exactly agree with everything she said but I admire that she's staying completely positive and defends her work. #AbsolutelyNoRegrets

COLONiCPRiNXESS

You can't do a sold out arena and stadium tour with a flop album unless you're a legendary rock band (who only play the old hits anyway whereas a popstar will do their current material), therefore ARTPOP is not a flop. I'd like to see other popstars sell out a Greek stadium with an underperforming album a mere 6 years into their career. I'd like to see other popstars perform a sold out world tour where the cheapest ticket is £60 with a flop album. For the record, Rihanna didn't tour with Talk That Talk, despite having its lead single be one of the biggest hits of her career. Every single that followed had the same type of performance as the rest of ARTPOP, and a tour didn't happen. It must have been because her label deemed demand couldn't be overwhelming based on one hit. They must have also deemed her fanbase not loyal enough to support an underperforming album. Beyonce was in the same situation with 4 and she could definitely have had the demand. And Xtina hasn't toured for her last two albums. In fact, most popstars wouldn't have had the guts to tour with an album like ARTPOP for fear it would just end in cancellations and embarrassment, as I've just explained. But this tour has proved that Gaga fans are still loyal and she has demand both from new territories and old haunts. That is the mark of an artist who will be around for a long time and doesn't need massive commercial successes to prove that.

Beyoncé made a smart move by doing Mrs. Carter Show the following year and all the promotion and imagery surrounding that. She really made herself out to be the QUEEN and she earned that title automatically then.

And I agree, she clearly isn't an absolute flop on a sold-out world tour.

FameHookah

Lower album sales and a flop single does not damage a career.

Wearing meat and singing about gays and "the devil" might tho. :awesome:

Also wearing facial horns and looking like a damn alien versace creepy mess :creepflop: :derpga:

WTF is MDNA

FameHookah

ARTPOP spawned some of my most favourite Gaga songs ever and the haters will deal.

Venus,Aura,Applause,DWUW, ARTPOP, SEXX DREAMS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I love this album to death

WTF is MDNA

Born Brave

Ultimately the big weights in the media world had already decided that this album was going to suck regardless of how good it really was. 

I blame the media, radio, and other outlets for discounting the quality because they felt like "it's time to let someone else shine"

PopBitch

10684345_736212483118950_2073980940_n.jp

From instagram.

You can find media making snark on every big act.  Most, and I mean the majority of reviews have been overwhelmingly positive in reviews of the Artrave tour by the critics. I guess if you want to look  for negativity and focus only on that, that's what you see.  I saw reviews over and over  and over and over that praised the tour.  I can go back to any big act and find crappy reviews of a tour with the majority being great.  I call that a success.  I've never seen a tour loved exclusively by all critics and not some snark being given to the ones at the top and I once wondered whether the critic and I were at the same concert.   She's had some snarky reviews, but they are in the minority.

As far as the album,  it is what it is.  People and/or critics either love or don't. It wasn't a failure and it wasn't a massive success.   Most artists believe in their work and stand behind it and let the work speak for itself and can't worry about how many people loved it or didn't.

Archived