I still don't know what ARTPOP is.

It could mean ANYTHING. desismileys_1032.gif

http://youtu.be/6t1FbONhYr0

This girl drives me crazy... :spin: But she's fun and cute about it... :adam:

Silence those demons... . đŸ–€

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to quote the top 2 posts since they are obviously negative just to be negative

but she is right, ARTPOP has been successful and its a big ****ing shame even "fans" dont realize it

That "fans" thing is silly and lil rude

I'm glad she's satisfied with the album :)

Whispering

It really depends on what is her definition of success.

I guess she does make good money from the tour and the new perfume so she could be right in that regard... :shrug:

None of us know that, but when she had one of the top 10 albums in 2013, two top 10 hits, and a tour that will end up in the top 10 for 2014...I don't know how she or anyone else can look at it otherwise.

There are hundreds and hundreds of artists who can't even fill an arena, much less a stadium with 25,000 to 50,000 people. There are hundreds of major label artists who WEREN'T in the top 10 albums in any given year. There are tons of artists who failed to get even one song in the top 10 on radio, much less two.

Gaga is one of the few and she knows that and is grateful for that success.

The only "fans" that don't know that either don't realize the statistics in the music business or they are trolls and haters, sitting on a Gaga site, with the sole purpose of bashing Gaga. Gaga and her FANS are happy and appreciative of her success. The others are obvious, pathetic and wasting their life away.

She isn't wrong. Artists would **** themselves for the sales from this album and single.

It has no impact among the general public though.

-Haven't heard anyone mention ARTPOP

-Haven't heard any singles on the radio

-Haven't seen or heard much of anything at all tbh

Compare that to The Fame era, where EVERYONE knew the lyrics to Poker Face, Just Dance and Paparazzi, where I saw large posters featuring "Just Dance Gaga" even into 2013...

Or The Fame Monster era, Bad Romance, Telephone, Alejandro and the famous meat dress... even 50-year-old conservative hunters here were well aware of Bad Romance and that meat dress.

Come back to today and almost no one from the general public has heard of the "flying dress", "G.U.Y.", etc.

The era has had less impact and success... deal...

"I am the world's greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."—US President Donald J. Trump

Voltaire

The era has had less impact and success... deal...

Nobody is arguing "less" or not. That's obvious and fairly expected after a meteoric rise.

But less successful and a flop are two different things. It was mishandled at times-- but it wasn't a failure.

The Applause roll was done very well, from VMA's to SNL. My boss used to sing it in his office. The other single rolls, not so much. But it and she was very much talked about-- but if you're looking for another "Meat Dress" phenomenon...you'll be waiting a long while. Madonna never again had another Gaultier cone-bra moment.

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker

Bambino

It's good that she feels this way about ARTPOP. We all know how much it means to her. The album did not flop. How ARTPOP charted wouldn't be called a flop in some other artists' dictionaries but when it comes to Gaga's big chart force, well, it did underperform but it wasn't a flop.

Pharamon

She should do the vein dress! Veins all over her naked body covering only her boobs and vajayjay and fake blood pumping inside the veins

I think ARTPOP is genius.  When i listen to some of the stripped back songs that have come out, like some remixes and demos, for example GUY lovelife remix, DWUW Ronson and MaryJane demo, there are great melodies and lyrics.  The sound on the album was just overproduced, but besides that, some of her best work!  I give it a 10 for originality!  I loved the concert, just disappointed in the costumes, but I understand where's she's coming from.  GAGA has achieved success with this album. 

Psychedelic

True, very TRUE. And it's good she stands up and speaks up  about it, but at the same time... I feel like it's giving it the importance that doesn't deserve!

Where are the lies? She did bring all those three things together with the ARTPOP era in many ways.

she tried but I don't think she succeeded 

giskardsb

better to shoot high and miss than not try at all.  At least she's doing something other than taking the boring safe route.

I can give you examples of why she did, but if you already not see them on your own, I guess there is no point in me giving you those examples.

djBuffoon

ARTPOP spawned some of my most favourite Gaga songs ever and the haters will deal. 

This. At least half of the album is among her best work, imho.

well the media hasn't given it much credit for being good or anything. TBH the media isn't giving any albums credit atm. I think the music industry is just falling apart right now! It's sad.

Archived