💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mayim Bialik: 'I have no idea' who Ariana Grande is

Klou

Featured Posts

Mayim Bialik: 'I have no idea' who Ariana Grande is and I don't like her billboard

mayim-bialik-300.jpg

Ariana Grande definitely has her fair share of fans these days, but it seems “Big Bang Theory†star Mayim Bialik just isn’t one of them.

Bialik took to her blog to criticize a billboard featuring Grande, and she used the opportunity to casually mention she has no idea who the pop singer is.

In the blog, the 38-year-old actress rants about a few ads she has come across that she is not a fan of because she wouldn’t want her two young sons to see them.

“There is one for Ariana Grande, and I will go ahead and admit I have no idea who she is or what she does. Based on the billboard, she sells lingerie. Or stiletto heels,†Bialik quipped in the blog. “Why is she in her underwear on this billboard though? And if she has a talent (is she a singer?), then why does she have to sell herself in lingerie? I mean, I know that society is patriarchal and women are expected to be s-xy and s-xually available no matter what we do in society, but I guess now I need to explain that to my sons?â€

The CBS star, who is an Orthodox Jew, explained that ads, like Grandes’ and ones for Showtimes’ “Masters of Sex,†are not what she wants her kids exposed to.

“Am I a crotchety old lady? I guess so. But I just don’t understand why this is what ads need to look like,†she muses. “Why do I have to be OK with young women literally in lingerie on gigantic billboards? If I want to see women in lingerie, I can walk through any mall with a Victoria’s Secret.â€

The "Big Bang Theory" star's comments didn't go unnoticed. Bialik responded to fans that thought the actress went too far in her criticism of Grande.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2014/09/15/mayim-bialik-have-no-idea-who-ariana-grande-is-and-dont-like-her-billboard/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SEVDALIZA

sigh, not even gonna say anything, cause i have nothing nice to say about this

operating from another world

mr.peter

why do people act brand new when they get older. Like they forget that pop stars like to be provocative and s-x sells. nothing new 

Why are y'all so butthurt? She's telling the truth. Why does Ariana have to pose like she sells lingerie or stiletto heels? :koons: I think this is what's wrong with the music industry for women as well.

This dumb woman. I hate when people say "what am I supposed to tell my kids"...like Ariana's career choices revolve around this c list actress kids. If she can't handle educating her damn kids she shouldn't have had them in the first place, stop hating on the princess of pop. 

Blue Jeans

This dumb woman. I hate when people say "what am I supposed to tell my kids"...like Ariana's career choices revolve around this c list actress kids. If she can't handle educating her damn kids she shouldn't have had them in the first place, stop hating on the princess of pop. 

:awkney:

OT: a bit ignorant on her part, i don't blame her, a noticed that a lot of my friends don't know who ariana grande is, but the comment could of been said in a more thoughtful way...

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

elijahfan

Well... s-x sells and it will always be that way. Nothing new on the horizon  :roll:

Why are y'all so butthurt? She's telling the truth. Why does Ariana have to pose like she sells lingerie or stiletto heels? :koons: I think this is what's wrong with the music industry for women as well.

I kinda agree... to be pretty honest, Ariana looks soooo young and I've felt awkward as soon as she's started to put on hooker heels in performances. Like... seeing her AMAs performance, I would've thought she'd go down a 'classier' road, but oh well.

I kinda agree I mean she just left Nick and kids still probably look up to her when she's really not a good role model :flop:

hop on that **** like a maniac

elijahfan

Well, most importantly: that's the world we live in.... I mean, she's chosen to get kids while being aware of the fact she would have to raise them in this world. Now is too late to complain and point fingers, like really.

Archived