💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Sharon Osbourne has twitter rant over U2

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is a political comment. she's not looking for attention. we need people like her who have media literacy to inform and prevent the world from being run by big corporations. she's correct in thinking this is scandalous.

shaking my head at all of you ppl who approach everything from the perspective of a pop culture fan

always a--lyzing the person instead of the content

edit: http://www.techdigest.tv/2014/09/is-bono-the-gavrilo-princip-of-a-new-era-of-corporate-control-and-digital-oppression.html

But no star musician is above capitalism and deals with corporations - the labels and radio are corporate, Gaga does corporate tie-ins, Beyonce has a deal with itunes too where they pimped out her album and were the monopoly seller.

It's hypocritical to make a fuss just because U2 is famous enough to pull off a mega-deal with Apple that others can't.

gagaisitalian

you guys make a big deal about everything :lmao: , you didn't have to pay for that, you just got it FOR FREE and if you don't like it you can just delete it, it's not like they gave you a virus or something :smh:

No one needs you to be the hero in the situation.

tumblr_n7a5ccgNLU1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

holy scheisse

But no star musician is above capitalism and deals with corporations - the labels and radio are corporate, Gaga does corporate tie-ins, Beyonce has a deal with itunes too where they pimped out her album and were the monopoly seller.

It's hypocritical to make a fuss just because U2 is famous enough to pull off a mega-deal with Apple that others can't.

? no its different, because none of us had any consent of it being downloaded to our devices. youre missing the point. yes i realize that corporations run the music industry...because they run everything. but its different when you are being forced to be exposed to something, without choice.

Ambrosia

I have no respect for people who do 'Twitter rants' - celebrities or not, wives of Ozzy Osbourne or not.  The entire Twitter culture is making me ill.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

? no its different, because none of us had any consent of it being downloaded to our devices. youre missing the point. yes i realize that corporations run the music industry...because they run everything. but its different when you are being forced to be exposed to something, without choice.

Fair enough. But then your issue is with the spammy nature of the release, not corporate partnerships as such. I agree that is a weakness with this release - what is spammed is devalued.

PopBitch

Saying what (most of us) are thinking.

I never had an opinion on U2, but now I dislike them. They hurt themselves.

They didn't hurt themselves. In six days, 33 million people listened to the album. The numbers were just released. A lot of their albums started charting again. It sure wasn't die-hard fans buying them as they own everything in many media formats. My cousin said he never would have thought of buying it and really likes it and asked me for suggestions for other U2 Music. I suggested three to him knowing his likes, The Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa, and he bought them all on iTunes. I bought a couple I didn't have and am really enjoying them, very experimental from earlier days, not the 00s.

Bono said they made the deal with Apple who gave it for free so people who never really think of them but can try it and for genres like country, etc., that many fans stay within the genre here was a chance to try it without having to buy it.

They sell out their shows in stadiums and huge arenas. As any huge band with a legacy discography, the new songs don't get as much response and many don't know them. Here is a chance for most of the casual fans from way back coming to their tour to really know the new songs and be excited for many of them live. And the bad publicity is still keeping their name out there on this album. Apathy is a killer. Love or hate, but at least there's no apathy.

No one needs you to be the hero in the situation.

tumblr_n7a5ccgNLU1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

I don't want to be the hero of anything since "the holier than thou" attitute annoys me

and by the way it's just that some of you complain even when you get something free :toofunny:

I challenge you to try deleting it without it rearing it's ugly little head. :smh:

I liked the album so no

the song Volcano is my fav :worship:

btw, is the album still there even if you deleted it already?

The idiocy of some people. They are getting something for FREE you can just delete if you don't want it and they still complain :smh:

people are so sensitive these days :toofunny:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Blah blah blahs

Another day, another b---hing.

:lmao:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

PopBitch

At least Bono, as an iconic rocker, didn't do a reality show for publicity like Ozzy and throw his kids in it, Sharon. Don't be so ugly on twitter. At your age, it seems like you could express your views with a bit more class. Guess not.

gagaisitalian

They didn't hurt themselves. In six days, 33 million people listened to the album. The numbers were just released. A lot of their albums started charting again. It sure wasn't die-hard fans buying them as they own everything in many media formats. My cousin said he never would have thought of buying it and really likes it and asked me for suggestions for other U2 Music. I suggested three to him knowing his likes, The Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby, and Zooropa, and he bought them all on iTunes. I bought a couple I didn't have and am really enjoying them, very experimental from earlier days, not the 00s.

Bono said they made the deal with Apple who gave it for free so people who never really think of them but can try it and for genres like country, etc., that many fans stay within the genre here was a chance to try it without having to buy it.

They sell out their shows in stadiums and huge arenas. As any huge band with a legacy discography, the new songs don't get as much response and many don't know them. Here is a chance for most of the casual fans from way back coming to their tour to really know the new songs and be excited for many of them live. And the bad publicity is still keeping their name out there on this album. Apathy is a killer. Love or hate, but at least there's no apathy.

Cool.

Anyways a lot of people are annoyed with them now.

Congrats to them for being successful, but now people who never had an opinion on them (which didn't matter) now dislike them (which matters). Some news reporters, music critics, and casual music listeners have now turned their head away from U2 for committing such a desperate act.

They can sugar coat it and say "oh we want people to step outside of their boundaries and listen to our music", but people can do that whether or not they get and STD album transmitted onto their phone. This was a desperate act to gain fans and to "top" Beyonce...which they did not.

I don't want to be the hero of anything since "the holier than thou" attitute annoys me

and by the way it's just that some of you complain even when you get something free :toofunny:

Getting hit by a car is free but you don't see me out there asking to get hit by a car just because it will be free.

Archived