💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Thicke lied about writing Blurred Lines; Pharrell unable to read music

betarixx

Featured Posts

JPr7Hir.jpg

Thicke says he was just "lucky enough to be in the room" when Williams wrote the song. Afterwards, he gave interviews to outlets like Billboard where he repeated the false origin story surrounding "Blurred Lines" because he says he "thought it would help sell records.""This is what happens every day in our industry," said Williams during his own deposition. "You know, people are made to look like they have much more authorship in the situation than they actually do. So that's where the embellishment comes in."

Williams' own testimony also got off to a belligerent start. At one point during the examination, Williams says he can read music, but then is shown a transcription of a song, and asked to identify notes and durations. "I'm not comfortable," Williams responds eight times as Busch presses to figure out whether he really can read music.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/robin-thicke-admits-d--g-abuse-732783?mobile_redirect=false

Mess :giveup:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

expose ha

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

There are lots of good artists/producers who can't read notes....you don't need it persé

messssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

expose ha

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

There are lots of good artists/producers who can't read notes....you don't need it persé

The good sis Pharrell needs it when his notes are about to be exposed as being identical

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

I'm always a bit cautious when it comes to writing credits of any artist :shrug: I don't think it's possible to be 100% certain that a certain person has written a song because we aren't them and humans can exaggerate the truth very easily :laughga: Unfortunately all we have to go on is their word and take that at face value :sweat:

Why did the interviewer start examining Pharrell on whether or not he could read music? :confused: Seems a bit random to whip out a music sheet and ask someone to read it :toofunny:

FameHookah

The good sis Pharrell needs it when his notes are about to be exposed as being identical

iYTzrggZ8yIg8.gif

:lmao:

Inb4 gaga didnt write ha albums :flop:

WTF is MDNA

I'm always a bit cautious when it comes to writing credits of any artist :shrug: I don't think it's possible to be 100% certain that a certain person has written a song because we aren't them and humans can exaggerate the truth very easily :laughga: Unfortunately all we have to go on is their word and take that at face value :sweat:

Why did the interviewer start examining Pharrell on whether or not he could read music? :confused: Seems a bit random to whip out a music sheet and ask someone to read it :toofunny:

It's in court, this was from a deposition.

The reason they did it is because they need to know if:

1. He really can write/read music

2. If Blurred Lines copied Marvin Gaye's song based on hearing alone

repeated the false origin story surrounding "Blurred Lines" because he says he "thought it would help sell records.""This is what happens every day in our industry," said Williams during his own deposition. "You know, people are made to look like they have much more authorship in the situation than they actually do.

So Robin Thicke pulled a Beyonce.

Her dad had the same view that claiming authorship would help sell records.

I'm shocked at Robin not being as involved in the making of the song as much as he made out during his promo interviews. :deadbanana:

And it doesn't really matter that Pharrell can't read music.get over it tbh.

Archived