Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Meghan Trainor: "I tried to go anorexic for three hours"

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't be serious. 

Posessing a literal FEAR of food is completely separate from thinness being trendy in fashion. Yes, some people who do not understand the grasp anorexia takes people with may believe that sufferers vainly want to be thin like a model, but in reality, eating disorders are based in an unhealthy relationship or fear with/of food.

wtf anorexia is not a fear of food

My friend is anorexic and she has body image issues and just doesn't eat as much as a result

Whispering

This comment is pretty ignorant and it is insulting to those who suffer from this eating disorder. 

She needs to get with her management :)  and come up with better wording, for when she is trying to give a backstory to her song.

"You could claim that itd be more accurate to say "I tried to starve myself", but most people hear Anorexia and think "Not eating to become skinny/beautiful" and not "crippling disorder, irrational fear of gaining weight, incredibly distorted self image, paranoia, and not eating food because of it."

But many dieters trying to be fashionably thin also have an irrational fear of gaining weight and a distorted body image. They are healthy but they look in the mirror and feel fat.

Extending usage of anorexia to such people, while imprecise, is a way of saying such obsession with thinness isn't a normal healthy thing.

Archived