musician

Meghan Trainor

Nein

Featured Posts

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

I really really disagree with the claims of the last review on here, but to each their own :shrug:

What specifically? That she can't sing that well, that her inspirations are be close to copying or her music is quite middle of the road? I can be harsh at times, I admit, and this was me being quite nice, really! I've been really tough on albums lately, so I didn't expect this one to be ranked decently, actually. I just have very high standards when it comes to music as I care about it too much to accept mediocraty. I've been finding albums by female artists such a letdown recently which sucks because they always used to be my favourites. I long for the times when high quality pop music was made throughout an entire album and wasn't just a handful of good tracks alongiside 75% filler.

Nah her choice.

@Meghan_Trainor @iTunesMusic #AskMTrain What inspire you to call the album TITLE?

@MeghanTMexico @iTunesMusic #AskMTrain label was annoying me to pick one a title so i threw that back at them lol

Lol, I was right, then! She couldn't think up a title, so she just called it Title! Certainly makes her stand out, I'll give her that. Makes a change from the sea of self-titled, numbered and obvious track name releases flooding the charts lately.

PicklePower

Meghan looked flawless on Ellen, today. Her performance was good, too.

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

PicklePower

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDhyHn7BYI4

I love this version. :party:

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

VasilisVas

Very good performance on the Ellen show! 

I still haven't decided how I feel about her, though. All About That Base was an ok song, kinda catchy, but still don't understand how it became such a huge hit. Lips are Moving is an okay song, too, but still don't understand the hype. I'm wondering if she will be around for much longer, or if she'll fizzle away eventually. Good luck to her though. 

ItsTommyBitch

What specifically? That she can't sing that well, that her inspirations are be close to copying or her music is quite middle of the road? I can be harsh at times, I admit, and this was me being quite nice, really! I've been really tough on albums lately, so I didn't expect this one to be ranked decently, actually. I just have very high standards when it comes to music as I care about it too much to accept mediocraty. I've been finding albums by female artists such a letdown recently which sucks because they always used to be my favourites. I long for the times when high quality pop music was made throughout an entire album and wasn't just a handful of good tracks alongiside 75% filler.

You didn't actually quote me, i was so confused :air:

I think she can actually sing pretty well for a new comer and she has a ton of musical experience and training that not even some of the "regulars" of modern pop music have, as well as technical skills and a great ear--the latter of which is even harder to come by. Her music isn't vocally "challenging" most of the time (though the runs may be for some people) but its a bit more show-offy than some other pop stars I can think of recently :awkney: Her harmonies and background vocals are really impressive and creative as far as a "predictable" progression/counter goes. She's also just about as good live as she is on studio and gives a lot of character and personality to her performances, all while doing some light dancing. I just think shes actually really quite talented. I can understand the music actually feeling lukewarm to people though, its pretty "hate-love" though i definitely think that -public perception of her as "boring" is clouding a lot of people from recognizing her talents.

About her lyrics and "inspiration", as I recall these songs weren't written for a specific purpose of being on her debut album, but rather her label decided to let her record them and let her re-do them because tehy decided to take a chance on her after AATB soared and did so well... So while its a very "Meghan' album, I feel like her lyrical talent is probably more vast topic wise... so its like these songs have been in existence (a long with a TON of others shes written and semi-recorded) for a bit and were brought back to life for the most part.

I don't really see her music to be close to copying... It's hard for me to say that because we don't know what her inspiration is sonically, her stance on electronic music versus organic music... why she likes the doo-wop feel, etc. other than the fact that she is from Nantucket and loves it to death. I think my only qualm about the album is that it can be a bit "samey" but I wasn't expecting a sonically mature album from her, giving that its her first and because of "All about that Bass" and "Lips are Movin" :laughga:

I also don't find it samey enough that I can't tell tracks apart... there is still some differentiation going on, even amongst similar songs like "All About That Bass" "Lips are Movin" "Dear Future Husband" and "Walkashame"

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

BringDaNoize

At this point it's safe to say she's gonna end in the 50 - low 60s at very best, cause you know something is wrong when billboard gives you a mixed review
0e2c7d29055a.jpg

But it's not that bad, katy perry's first 2 albums were so panned 

Gypsy Life

At this point it's safe to say she's gonna end in the 50 - low 60s at very best, cause you know something is wrong when billboard gives you a mixed review

0e2c7d29055a.jpg

But it's not that bad, katy perry's first 2 albums were so panned

BB is the standard now?

So what was wrong with Cheek to Cheek?

BringDaNoize

BB is the standard now?

So what was wrong with Cheek to Cheek?

They basically give only good reviews. Even Britney Jean and A.K.A. got good ones.

can we stop quoting the troll

just report it every chance u get and hell be banned soon

tumblr_n0anmuqDe81rcxt82o4_250.gif

God bless your poor bitter pressed ugly soul :)

Archived