Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

57th GRAMMY Awards - Sam Smith, Beyoncé, Pharrell win big!

APPLAUSE4YOU

Featured Posts

Bradley

1. Noms are always announced in November.

2. No

3. Best Pop Duo Vocal Perfomance is the only one really

4. Don't count on it. Unfortunately the Grammys, as respected as they are, really do think about commercial performance when making nominations. G.U.Y is far from a commercial success

5. Venus won't be submitted since it wasn't a single.

Why has everyone forgotten Dance in the Dark?

But they have presented awards to some really floppy artists like Arcade Fire - album of the year

no offense

If ARTPOP is nominated I'm pretty sure it won't win

Cheek To Cheek however, could win a couple

I'm pleased already for the nominations

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The release is finally worth of something.

What about Cheek to Cheek?

Dance in the Dark says hi

was it nominated :udidnt: well maybe it will but it depends on Gags + Interscope I mean for BTW they only sent the album + Y&I

homomo

Cheek to Cheek is defiantly being nominated. I don't want to jinx it, but most sites say it will, and with that being said, the Grammy committee would generally take that into consideration

From ARTPOP the only chances we have are with G.U.Y. and Do What U Want. There could be a chance for Venus and Dope as they were promo singles, however I am not entirely sure on how that works. Unless Interscope submitted them, I don't think anything would happen.

Do What U Want's message is very clear, and it's defiantly the best chance we have at winning a Grammy. I doubt it will be for song or record of the year, but could be for another category. 

G.U.Y.'s video could win something, however depending on the voting committee... sometimes commercial success is a vital key. So don't hold your breath.

Let's say Venus and Dope were submitted. If anything, Dope would be a better contender for a Grammy. It's raw, emotional, and full of meaning. It's a story of struggle, survival, and change. The Grammy's love nothing more than a change. So, let's wait and see.

Bradley

was it nominated :udidnt: well maybe it will but it depends on Gags + Interscope I mean for BTW they only sent the album + Y&I

You didn't know?  :rip:  but was given to Rihanna's Only Girl (In the World)

How do you guys know what songs/albums they sent to Grammys? You can only see the nominations but you don't get to see what they submitted right?

Arturo

Why has everyone forgotten Dance in the Dark?

But they have presented awards to some really floppy artists like Arcade Fire - album of the year

no offense

They have. But to even think commercial success isn't a factor in the Grammys just doesn't make sense when you see things like Roar nominated in big categories. It wasn't nominated for quality. It was nominated because it was the biggest female song of 2013 and sold over 10M copies.

monsterdreams

Gaga should just send every song from ARTPOP and the album and then she'll get a couple at least :classy:

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

JusticeforVenus

TEOG was so much better than U&I... but that video  :giggle: and Adele :duck:  ...... it couldve been the sixth Gaga grammy 

Bradley

Cheek to Cheek is defiantly being nominated. I don't want to jinx it, but most sites say it will, and with that being said, the Grammy committee would generally take that into consideration

From ARTPOP the only chances we have are with G.U.Y. and Do What U Want. There could be a chance for Venus and Dope as they were promo singles, however I am not entirely sure on how that works. Unless Interscope submitted them, I don't think anything would happen.

Do What U Want's message is very clear, and it's defiantly the best chance we have at winning a Grammy. I doubt it will be for song or record of the year, but could be for another category. 

G.U.Y.'s video could win something, however depending on the voting committee... sometimes commercial success is a vital key. So don't hold your breath.

Let's say Venus and Dope were submitted. If anything, Dope would be a better contender for a Grammy. It's raw, emotional, and full of meaning. It's a story of struggle, survival, and change. The Grammy's love nothing more than a change. So, let's wait and see.

Dope is a ballad but not good in vocal tbh.

so excited for the nominations!

TEOG was so much better than U&I... but that video  :giggle: and Adele :duck:  ...... it couldve been the sixth Gaga grammy 

teog is good but her voice sounds a bit raw in the song

Gaga should just send every song from ARTPOP and the album and then she'll get a couple at least :classy:

i think there's a limitation on the submits

monsterdreams

i think there's a limitation on the submits

I was joking...

monsterdreams

OMG, sorry I'm such a flop  :rip:

No you're not, I did the same thing loads :creepflop:

summerboy69

didnt they say Katy would've won some last year?  :fan:

Katy's best chance at winning was the teenage dream era, 

Highway10

I don't think ARTPOP will get any Grammys to be honest but maybe a few nominations Cheek To Cheek might grab a few because Tony :fan:

Archived