Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner

Gaga on C2C promo: "Every album will be like this now"

Ronlop

Featured Posts

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, considering her own team sabotaged ARTPOP, I'm very happy at the moment as a fan. No offense, ARTPOP, but C2C already seems more interesting and I can't wait for this album. The promo is ON point.

Is CTC really getting better promo than pre-release ARTPOP tho? 

I mean, the planned Applause release, VMAs, Swinefest and original artRAVE were all genius IMO.

Of course her team is going to put all their effort to make sure the first single/pre-album release is strong, and it was. But after that, it seemed like her team just stopped caring about the concept. Instead of thinking "How can we carry out this concept of art and pop culture throughout the era?" they thought, "how can we make gaga controversial this era? which track is capable of getting a ton of shocked expressions and headlines?" and that's how we got the DWUW era mess. Venus was supposed to be the single  :manicure:

The new management will (or, is expected to) care more about the artist and really bring out the theme of the era instead of choosing singles that would just get the most headlines. Music not the bling  :legend:

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Am I the only one who doesn't think ARTPOP was promoted poorly? I mean, sure, she always could have done more events-- you can always do more. But she was regaining her fitness after a long break and her hip injury, so I thought that was why she had to take it easier at that time?

At any rate, she did a huge performance at the VMAs, AMAs, the Muppets holiday special, her launch party, Swinefest/iTunes festival, X Factor, SNL, Good Morning America... and that's just the big ones that I can think of off the top of my head. 

That's not to say things aren't going awesomely with C2C though!! Because they are :D

I've taken a few dips in the lady pond

Well, considering her own team sabotaged ARTPOP, I'm very happy at the moment as a fan. No offense, ARTPOP, but C2C already seems more interesting and I can't wait for this album. The promo is ON point.

looking at the preview of c2c LIVE it seems more interesting than the whole ARTPOP era . :toofunny:

Still though, the promo from C2C isn't exactly groundbreaking. I hope her management and team are better at promoting pop albums. 

It's probably easier in the sense that it's all new solo Gaga material. I think since C2C is all covers it turns a lot of people off to the album itself and also would not generate as much interest since it is not remotely new and after thousands of renditions of these songs, even Gaga's take on them isn't going to be that different. She's essentially just selling something with her name on it now.

Archived