💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga at the Harper's Bazaar New York Fashion Week! (photos+videos!)

GagaXCollection

Featured Posts

Teal Ambition

I wish there was full videos. Thos were just taken from Instagram and uploaded to Youtube  :noparty:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GagaXCollection

• Teal Ambition

• lego

• Tropico

Tropico

No.... You don't know me. AT ALL.

I'm an extremely goofy, silly person who laughs a LOT and I have a huge sense of humor. But, the performance wasn't funny.. Even though she was being playful and sarcastic, in my opinion, it came off totally wrong.

And I'm completely 100% standing by my first comment.. She can belt. Yes, we know that. Obviously.. But, can she actually sing with more subtlety? Can she actually allow her voice to get deeply emotional and heart felt and soulful without having to sing like she's on broadway or in front of an audience of 5,000 people? I know that in times past, I would say yes.. but she has really gone way off the deep end of belting like she's on broadway... all the time. Stylistically (as a vocalist myself) it seems like she's overcompensating and is lacking emotional depth.

... Or she is belting because she is more comfortable with that type of singing and that's how she actually expresses herself? That's very possible. Much more possible than she's belting because she lacks emotion.

I know that when I sing and I get excited, I can't help but belt out some high and long notes. It's for emphasis and it makes performances more interesting.

Especially in this scenario... She's clearly having a ball and this is how she shows it.

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

SpaceAce

No.... You don't know me. AT ALL. 

I'm an extremely goofy, silly person who laughs a LOT and I have a huge sense of humor. But, the performance wasn't funny.. Even though she was being playful and sarcastic, in my opinion, it came off totally wrong. 

And I'm completely 100% standing by my first comment.. She can belt. Yes, we know that. Obviously.. But, can she actually sing with more subtlety? Can she actually allow her voice to get deeply emotional and heart felt and soulful without having to sing like she's on broadway or in front of an audience of 5,000 people? I know that in times past, I would say yes.. but she has really gone way off the deep end of belting like she's on broadway... all the time. Stylistically (as a vocalist myself) it seems like she's overcompensating and is lacking emotional depth. 

You obviously haven't heard the clips of Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye. Also, the song "It Dont Mean a Thing" is about ... Swing. Her phrasing of the song works perfectly to convey it's message. It's all that's needed.

I can only hear your argument with Anything Goes. That one is kind of a boring track - but it's hard to blame it on her vocals when the production is poor and she has to be mindful of Tony's range.

Edited by Mick

Tropico

Gosh, how many songs did she perform? :omg:

Like this is almost as many as Swinfest!

1. It Don't Mean A Thing, If it ain't got that swine

2. Lush Life

3. I can't give you anything but love

5. Bang Bang

6. Let's Face The Music and Dance

:omg:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢