šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga at the Harper's Bazaar New York Fashion Week! (photos+videos!)

GagaXCollection

Featured Posts

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GagaXCollection

• Teal Ambition

• lego

• Tropico

giskardsb

Ā 

#1) It's Jazz, not Pop. And it's not even Broadway... So, don't belt. Croon. Use more sensitivity and subtlety with your voice... Get more into your Soul, instead of just singing as loud as you can.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

It's jazz, and jazz artists range from subtle to flamboyant. Ā There are no rules like that.

Ā 

and I'm LOL'ing at half these comments when many were complaining she wasn't being "gaga" enough.

Edited by giskardsb

Psychedelic

awkward? what are ya'll talking about? It's Gaga!!! this the first thing from the C2C era that has totally slayed me! :legend:

Edited by Acid Monster

Very awkward , these doaoduaduadoa make me cringe

And she cursing like a sailor on a jazz event :awkney:

Ā 

Just asking but do you realise that they are the words to original song ???? so not awkward reallyĀ  :cool:

Ā 

She could have missed out the swearing though -- works at a pop concert but not so well during jazzĀ  :)

wahkeenasitka

#1 Brothern, that whole performance oozed soul. That wasn't being "just singing as loud as [she] can". She played aroud with the vocals to give it flare.

#2) They're CLEARLY joking around and everyone in the audience got it. If you were there and made a statement like that everyone would probably say you have no sense of humour... AT ALL.

If I were Gaga and I was receiving these tips I wouldn't take them to heart tbh because it sounds like you're just trying to kill the vibe, rather than improve the performance.

Ā 

No.... You don't know me. AT ALL.Ā 

Ā 

I'm an extremely goofy, silly person who laughs a LOT and I have a huge sense of humor. But, the performance wasn't funny.. Even though she was being playful and sarcastic, in my opinion, it came off totally wrong.Ā 

Ā 

And I'm completely 100% standing by my first comment.. She can belt. Yes, we know that. Obviously.. But, can she actually sing with more subtlety? Can she actually allow her voice to get deeply emotional and heart felt and soulful without having to sing like she's on broadway or in front of an audience of 5,000 people? I know that in times past, I would say yes.. but she has really gone way off the deep end of belting like she's on broadway... all the time. Stylistically (as a vocalist myself) it seems like she's overcompensating and is lacking emotional depth.Ā 

giskardsb

Ā 

No.... You don't know me. AT ALL.Ā 

And I'm completely 100% standing by my first comment.. She can belt. Yes, we know that. Obviously.. But, can she actually sing with more subtlety? Can she actually allow her voice to get deeply emotional and heart felt and soulful without having to sing like she's on broadway or in front of an audience of 5,000 people? I know that in times past, I would say yes.. but she has really gone way off the deep end of belting like she's on broadway... all the time. Stylistically (as a vocalist myself) it seems like she's overcompensating and is lacking emotional depth.Ā 

Ā 

This song is energetic and playful, she's singing it fine.

Ā 

You want that other stuff, she does it in spades with "Lush Life."

CannaeDrive

Looking at that performance, I come to think that there is no notable Jazz singers/musicians (at leastĀ that I know of) doing that kind of energetic swing/bebop performance nowadays. Gaga might be onto something unique here.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas