Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner

Sam Smith Doesn't Want to Be a Gay Spokesperson

LordDisick

Featured Posts

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play, if anything it'll be more beneficial to have more just out, proud but not shoving it down your throat performers. If we normalise homos-xuality then maybe it will just be more generally acceptable instead of being the point of multiple discussions. He's acknowledged time and time again that he is gay, just awareness and being proud is important and for that we should thank him. Not drag him for not writing Born This Way 2.0 and running around in rainbow flags.

Of course, we still need our spokespeople but having just more out and proud celebs is always a good thing.

Kermit the frog

"If you have revolutionary potential, then you have a moral imperative to make the world a better place"

Btw, his face is super huge.

:applause: i don't like when someone comes out and it has to be about their s-xuality all the time since then (for example tom daley). 

monsterdreams

I understand his reasons and therefor will respect his decisions

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

It's not like it's his job or something. I respect it, if it's his decision

Why are you implying negative connotations towards what he said? There's nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. He's a singer who happens to be gay. He's not trying to make a statement and not trying to change the world. He's just a normal person trying to make a living off of what he loves. I don't see why people feel the need for him to make it more than what it is.

May I ask why it's his duty to be a spokesperson?  :toofunny:

He wants to be a singer, not a gay singer. It's like how someone would rather be a "best friend" instead of a "gay best friend" or would rather get married instead of "gay married". He doesn't want his s-xuality to define him and that's a good thing imo.

It's his decision. Not like he has to do that. 

the fact that he said spokesperson is so "rolling my eyes", nobodys asking him to give speeches every week. but the fact is he is gay, and just happens to have a platform, so why not use it a little to shine some spotlight on the fact that lgbt kids make up 40% of the homeless youth population for example? or just the fact that he is "ashamed" so to speak. "My family and friends have made it feel normal and I'm not going to stop that now.â€

South Blonde

Why?? He is not that famous tho...

Well, he's on his rise. He is not forced to but that would be nice of him...

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

djBuffoon

That strikes me as a tad negligent on his part, but it's his decision and no one's gonna force him to do it.

Well, he's on his rise. He is not forced to but that would be nice of him...

I guess he is not interested on have all the gay community on his side, music not the bling

Archived