💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is The Monster Ball overrated because of Gaga's success?

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Schwerk

Many friend of mine that aren't into her really dig this show. It's a fastpased mix of rock n roll, pop, art, theater and fashion. It has so many little details, but it also feels like an oldschool rockshow. 

The set is versatile, yet very rock n roll

The stage is full of little (funny) details

The band (and backing vocals!) are amazing and make Gaga's voice shine. Love the violin and harp as well.

And the monster and the living dress are amazing theatrical highlights of the show.

Not to mention the very artistic yet personal video's by Nick Knight and Ruth Hogben.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

The monster ball was everything

The intro with dance in the dark

Maybe the stage wasn't spectacular but it was her first solo arena tour so what did you expect? I love tmb and i will continue to love it until i die. There isn't another show that can top tmb

SO you admit that it had it's imperfections but you love it because of the place it had in Gaga's career. See, this was the point of the OP. :manicure:

monster ball overrated?

monster ball unperfect?

BTWBall better than the iconic Monster ball?

where is my ****ing shovel?

3GDkHj.gif

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

VforVendetta

But it does. It isn;t out of context since I am explaining why I don't think it is. 

Yes but this is not something that someone can use as a fact why TMB is the best Tour. It is something that has only to do with you. Do you get me now? :giveup:

Overrated.

It was amazing in its own terms but largely due to the fact that she was still very new to the scene. Just like how Paparazzi 2009 was regarded as iconic since she was new and her "shock" act was new. Now she's prancing around castles and wearing seashell bikinis and creating more ICONIC stuff but no one gives a **** anymore because we've all been desensitised. 

BTWBall still remains the most spectacular tour for me. 

Cakelikelenny

SO you admit that it had it's imperfections but you love it because of the place it had in Gaga's career. See, this was the point of the OP. :manicure:

It totally had it's imperfections but i wasn't a big fan of gaga at that time so i don't really cared about her. I went with my friend and i was blown away by the show and intro's

No. The monsterball is  POP perfection. from storyline to costume, set ,interludes, opening ecc. BTWB was not good bad lightining, set.

Bad lighting. :toofunny:

set :toofunny: 

Sorry, but :emma:

Overrated.

It was amazing in its own terms but largely due to the fact that she was still very new to the scene. Just like how Paparazzi 2009 was regarded as iconic since she was new and her "shock" act was new. Now she's prancing around castles and wearing seashell bikinis and creating more ICONIC stuff but no one gives a **** anymore because we've all been desensitised. 

:applause:

bionic

Overrated.

It's not at all iconic though 

I think TMB benefits from being her first 'proper tour'. She didn't have to cut out many songs and she didn't shorten many either, so most people got the opportunity to see their favourite songs live.

buy bionic

Willy Wonka

everytime I feel like not wanting to stan for gaga anymore because of her messy decisions and the ARTPOP era I watch the monster ball and everything is ok again

3GDkHj.gif

ME TOO

It's not at all iconic though

The castle really was innovative and amazing. It's in records due to its size alone. And I bet any other pop star from now on that dare put seashells over their breasts be compared to Gaga.

But how was Jo Calderone? Mermaid (given it was given it's chance to shine :emma:)? Born This Way era? So many things Gaga has done that was iconic in my opinion. But monsters keep going back to The Fame Monster era like it was the second coming of Jesus. I mean, it's just an era.

If TBTWB was just given a proper DVD, so many more monsters would be praising it :koons:

VforVendetta

The castle really was innovative and amazing. It's in records due to its size alone. And I bet any other pop star from now on that dare put seashells over their breasts be compared to Gaga.

But how was Jo Calderone? Mermaid (given it was given it's chance to shine :emma:)? Born This Way era? So many things Gaga has done that was iconic in my opinion. But monsters keep going back to The Fame Monster era like it was the second coming of Jesus. I mean, it's just an era.

If TBTWB was just given a proper DVD, so many more monsters would be praising it :koons:

I do think that TFM is Gaga's most iconic Era. It just wasn't her only iconic Era.

gagaisitalian

Not at all. If you actually went to one, it was incredible.

The best atmosphere of any Gaga's shows.

The storyline made sense and for the most part stayed true the entire show.

The costumes weren't ridiculous at all. 

The dancing was the best we've ever seen from her.

It was all so amazing.

Archived