Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Gaga's friendship with Tony authentic?

degenerate

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nomorescheisse

I think that it's played up on social media for the album, but they definitely do respect each other a lot.

BillieGOAT

They're clearly friends. This is ridiculous

He's using her to sell albums, she's using him for the acclaim. It's just business.

Both of these :sweat:

Stefani328

It seems very authentic to me. I love them together. They always put a smile on my face

Don't know how people don't see this

:lmao:

TimisaMonster

At first....idk.....later on of course as they spent more time together in the studio and talking they became close. Gaga's not a "feature" artist who uses people, their name, their fans, and social media to collab with EVERY ARTIST on radio.... :usrs:

Stream my new single, ๐Ÿ’œ"Heartbeat"๐Ÿ’œ, on Spotify!

Robinladen

I think Gaga might add a little flair to it in interviews. She makes it seem like they are ultimate soulmates. Perhaps not the case. But I think they are defiantly friends.

They're friends.ย  And in Tony's interviews it is clear that he respects Gaga as a singer and likes her as a person.ย  Two days ago I was at a Tony Bennett concert in Binghamton, NY and Tony referred to Gaga as "My friend Lady Gaga".

I live outside the space time continuum.

Jesse Pinkman

Of course there is some marketing involved (as with any album), but I do believe they genuinely love and respect each other.

It's science, bitch

StrawberryBlond

I'm sure they're close like a grandparent and grandchild are. There's a limit to how much you can relate to someone with such a big age gap, but friendship tends to translate better than romance in these situations, I find. Gaga loves jazz and clearly has a working knowledge of it, so they must bond over that, as well as relating to things like being Italian-American, being from New York, singing from an early age and a heavy interest in the arts. Gaga doesn't make a habit of using other artists to get hits (she once said that she limits collabs because she thinks it's important as a soloist to stand on your own two feet the majority of the time), so I doubt she's doing it now.

ย 

But there are some grey areas, of course.

1. Gaga's sales have been flagging lately...doing a collab album with a respected artist will gurantee sales and Tony got his first US #1 with Duets II and the album sold 1 million in the US alone.

2. Gaga's not been getting as much praise from the critics recently...a jazz covers album showcasing her acclaimed voice with a jazz legend will gain critical acclaim.

3. Gaga's Grammy awards have dried up: none for BTW and not even a nomination for ARTPOP...old-school jazz standards albums will be eaten up by the traditionals at the academy and Tony won two awards for Duets II in 2012. He's also won 17 Grammys in his lifetime. He's won Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album 11 times.

ย 

Add this to the fact that they're already planning a sequel, and you start to think things are getting a bit contrived. But I think it's because the whole thing is business orientated too. No doubt Interscope are loving the prospect of sales, praise and awards this is going to bring and how it will be a huge milestone in Gaga's legacy, so I'm sure they're encouraging this friendship for all that it's worth.

Archived