💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why Is There So Much Hate For Cheek to Cheek?

pachinko

Featured Posts

Creyk

How is she pushing away people that love her? It isn't like this jazz album came out of the blue. She has been talking about this album with Tony for years. It's a side project. Plus, saying the songs on C2C aren't good is just an opinion. Some people will like jazz and some won't, it's their choice but I hate the people that act like since they like one genre better than another they can put down the other genre. I think that's the whole point of this thread. If you like Pop Gaga and not Jazz Gaga that's perfectly fine. Some people like both.

Well if you have an audience and start serving them things which they don't like, then that will push them further.

I mean, I miss the days when I used to listen to Gaga 24/7, lately I only listen to I Like it Rough and Glitter and grease by her because most other songs are overplayed, and her new material is just not for me :sick:

So by putting out horrible songs, she is pushing me away for example, I'm listening to other artists, and I'm sure I'm not alone

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OpusDiaboli666

I'm not a fan of jazz....even with Gaga's beautiful voice it still doesn't do anything for me. The songs sound boring and Tony just talks on the songs. :shrug:

hmm that´s kind of true. I listened to "I can´t give you anything.." and "anything goes" a few times and they also don´t impress me. It´s nothing I´d like to turn up in my car and enjoy for months and listen to it over and over again. She has a beautiful voice and jazz is doing it justice, but still I don´t like the genre too much.

"Lady is a tramp" was okay but from what I´ve heard I will really love bewitched, bothered and bewildered and maybe some other tracks. But since it´s only a bonus track in the U.S. and I´m from Germany I might not even get to buy it.

No hate though, I just want her to be happy and I´m actually looking forward to an elegant tour in small venues but I hope it is one album and one tour and then it´s back to pop or rock for that matter.

Because immature little children have LIED for years and years about being fans of her voice and are actually just fans of pop music in general. They are the ones here mainly for choreo and fashion rather than actual music. They are uneducated non-entities that cannot appreciate that sometimes things won't go how they want it to, but they should broaden their minds to accept it or experience it - and they might like it. But instead they slate it to the ground.

It's Jazzphobia. Gaga does Jazz now... but she's always done Jazz. "You're no Gaga of mine! Get out of this life!"

This, tbh.  Unfortunately this defines a large segment of her fanbase.

I live outside the space time continuum.

TimisaMonster

hmm that´s kind of true. I listened to "I can´t give you anything.." and "anything goes" a few times and they also don´t impress me. It´s nothing I´d like to turn up in my car and enjoy for months and listen to it over and over again. She has a beautiful voice and jazz is doing it justice, but still I don´t like the genre too much.

"Lady is a tramp" was okay but from what I´ve heard I will really love bewitched, bothered and bewildered and maybe some other tracks. But since it´s only a bonus track in the U.S. and I´m from Germany I might not even get to buy it.

No hate though, I just want her to be happy and I´m actually looking forward to an elegant tour in small venues but I hope it is one album and one tour and then it´s back to pop or rock for that matter.

:applause:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

I like the songs so far. They make me feel happy

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

I disliked The lady is a tramp

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

nomorescheisse

I'm fine with Gaga doing Jazz, and I definitely don't HATE C2C, but my main problem is that we won't get any original material from her.  I love her voice, but I love her writing so much more.  I don't think we'll be able to see that much of her creative energy through C2C, though I have faith that the performances will channel some (just probably not nearly as much as her performances for other albums).  Also I think that people resent C2C from cutting the ARTPOP era short, whether it actually did or not.

I was never trying to say that people are just pretending to like jazz music. But it's hard to believe that you became a fan of hers because of jazz. So people arguing and criticizing those who are not happy is really dumb. They're allowed to have an opinion and dislike what she is doing. Jazz is a whole other genre, that holds almost no similarities to pop. It's like a rapper suddenly doing rock. Or a metal band doing pop boyband. It's catering to a whole different audience, one that was not Gaga's originally and one that most of the base have no interest in. 

By the way, I'm not mad that she is doing this. It's fine, she can do what she likes and if Jazz is her new form of expression then go ahead. I can listen to her songs and enjoy her voice also, just to see what she's up to. But I'm in the group that is not really into it, and that rather hear her experiment on the genre that gave her so much.

SAY IT

:legend:  :worship2:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Redstreak

All I see is indifference, not hate.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

THANK YOU

All I see is indifference, not hate.

Also this

we don't hate it, we just don't care :)

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

OpusDiaboli666

I'm fine with Gaga doing Jazz, and I definitely don't HATE C2C, but my main problem is that we won't get any original material from her.  I love her voice, but I love her writing so much more.  I don't think we'll be able to see that much of her creative energy through C2C, though I have faith that the performances will channel some (just probably not nearly as much as her performances for other albums).  Also I think that people resent C2C from cutting the ARTPOP era short, whether it actually did or not.

right, that too..I was disappointed when I saw the track list and paradise wasn´t on it.

.But it's hard to believe that you became a fan of hers because of jazz.

I am another person that absolutely became a fan of Gaga because of her jazz.  And in 2010 I told my professional jazz musician friends that Gaga would someday do a jazz album and would do duets with someone like Tony Bennett.

I live outside the space time continuum.

yASSsss

i'm not......i can already imagine the headlines"Gaga wins another Grammy for her work with Tony Bennett"

:excited2:  :excited2:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Stefani328

I like your honest opinion.

Archived